Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Damita

They really are appallingly vile.

The police and authorities anger me more though for refusing to clamp down on people of this ilk. Why should the rest of us have our lives and country ruined because some anarchist twits want a fun day out? It's not protesting, it's just thugs causing chaos because they can.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

wearedoomed

The planet will be fine regardless of what we do to it. It might not support human life eventually but it will still be the Earth, and will probably appreciate a break from the humans scurrying all over it.

Climate protestors are really worried about themselves, not the Earth. Just admit it!

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I work near one of the junctions they have closed, it is absolute choas. It's wet, everyone is cross and late and it will and has caused accidents. I took me over an hour to get to work, which should take 30 mins max.

Surrey Police are getting ripped apart on facebook, everyone is saying leave them be and let the motorways run as normal. They are blaming highways saying they have told them to close them for 'safety'. Sorry but no, they got up there when it was open, leave them be and let us carry on. Things are shit enough right now without this on peoples plates as well.

neroli

VIP Member
What with Net Zero and AI I'm glad that I'm old and have nearly done my time...I wouldn't want to be around for what is to come. Horrible self-centred people no common sense or kindness and a computer-driven world. No thanks.

I’d like to add that the oil industry here is the most heavily regulated and if we’re going to have oil and gas, and let’s face it currently we HAVE to, you want it from the UK sectors (or Norway) as far as environment, safety and human rights for workers/locals are concerned.

kev1974

VIP Member
So we're negotiating and doing deals with these numpties now?

Has money changed hands? I hope not. I thought Britain did not pay ransoms.

Why are we still not simply getting a grip and arresting and imprisoning this lunatic minority who just want to keep disrupting things for the majority.

• Angry

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I'm sick of all the doom mongering.
I found this comment online which sums it up and which shows how quickly people forget:

"In the 1960s, it was oil: we were only gonna have enough for ten years.
In the 1970s, it was that another ice age that would occur in ten years,
In the 1980s, it was acid rain which was gonna destroy all the crops within ten years.
In the 1990s, it was the ozone layer which would be destroyed in ten years.
In the 2000s, it was the glaciers which would all melt within ten years.
In the 2010s, it was that the east and west coast would be underwater from the rising oceans ... you got it ... ten years! None of this fear-mongering nonsense ever came true, though, did it! Not a bit of it - not one single bit!"

• Heart

lilyannrose

VIP Member
I'm irritated that the Magna Carta two were supposed to be in Westminster Magistrate's Court the other day but there's absolutely no news about whether they were or not, or what stage their trial is at since. All news stories relate either to their arrest at the British Museum, or their numerous previous arrests and court appearances when they should have been locked up.
This is at least the second or third attack on the Magna Carta in recent years.

Then there was that guy who threw himself at the Queen's coffin when her Majesty was lying in state. He got let off free too.

What the hell has happned to people? This sort of behaviour started before Covid so lockdown can't be blamed. It just feels like there has been a mass "nervous breakdown" of humans in the western world but at random???

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I'm still struggling with the idea that causing tailbacks on or around the M25 is some kind of noteworthy achievement?
Bit of an easy target - it's perfectly capable of doing that on its own without needing any help and always has been, destined to be so even when it was just a glint in a traffic cone's eye.

That said it's still insane that so few people can mess up so much just by sitting in the wrong place.
It amazes me that they think the government care people are stuck on the M25. There are always tail backs, an accident and it comes to a standstill.

kev1974

VIP Member
Heh every time this thread resurfaces I think ffs what have the hypocritical twats done to inconvenience and irritate decent people now?

Last edited:

IngressUK

VIP Member
Even if the UK was carbon minus, it wouldn't make an ounce of difference to climate change.

Therefore why aren't these fools protesting in the countries that cause the highest levels of pollution?

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
The cause is massively important and it seems the only way to get Goverments to actually do something about climate change is people power. But although I support the cause 110%, Extinction Rebellion are damaging their argument by being yobs, breaking laws and basically being complete twats.

They're reducing the support for this issue and that's unforgivable. I cannot understand how they are too stupid to realise this. I'm so angry with them, because they are sabotaging, arguably the most important issue on the planet. I wish they'd just grow up, because they are causing almost as much damage to this cause as a coal fired power station.

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member

I know you have to kick up a fuss as a protest in parliament Square is so easy to ignore, but this isn't it

I'm not even sure retrofitting insulation even works, can cause so much problems doing things like filling a cavity that was designed to be a breathable void!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member

I know you have to kick up a fuss as a protest in parliament Square is so easy to ignore, but this isn't it

I'm not even sure retrofitting insulation even works, can cause so much problems doing things like filling a cavity that was designed to be a breathable void!
The problem is that the drivers slow down and stop. Can you really be blamed if someone willing walked in front of your moving vehicle?

"A group of 15 activists from Insulate Britain sat in the road at Junction 18 at Rickmansworth, near Watford, this morning as they offered their 'sympathies' to a woman paralysed by a stroke after getting stuck in traffic for six hours last week."

Will sympathies pay her rent and buy her food because she can't work now? Every minute matters in a stroke.

Reactions: 7

kev1974

VIP Member
Yeah it washes off and all but I wouldn't fancy copping a lung full of that orange stuff like it seemed one woman did.
They've stated it can damage the lichen and other organisms that make the stones how they look.

"it washes off" isn't good enough.
---
I hope the police actually charge them this time. They've been turning a blind eye so far.
They need to charge and lock up the organisers, not just the easily led foot soldiers actually doing the spraying on the day.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Yet they are charging the people who chopped down that ancient tree...seems JSO get away with it yet those tree cutters don't.

wearedoomed

You do realise of course that It's not just humans that the planet supports. I have nothing but contempt for these climate activists but clearly they aren't the only selfish fuckers.
Doesn’t mean climate change will affect all life the same way. Likely to be bugs and rodents who survive. And Keith Richards.

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
The two feckwits that tried to smash their way into the British Library copy of Magna Carta are in court tomorrow, 10:00 at Westminster (I've checked on the court lists).

Hopefully the outrage about today means that the two tomorrow will be seeing a jail cell for a decent period of time, don't care how old they are.

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
Wonder how they got to Stonehenge?
Through an ecologically sound interdimensional portal of self righteousness probably.
I wouldn't fancy being the target of a Druidic curse from the Druid King though despite him looking like a Hawkwind roadie. I'd be a bit scared now if I were the sprayers.

• Haha