Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
They've suspended their protests until the 25th but something like this was always going to happen - next time it might be worse.

I glad someone is starting to push back, one day one of them is going to get hurt and it is their own fault. Roads are for cars not people and if you sit on one you take the risk of getting run over.

They are not helping their cause but they are too blind sided to see it, must be nice to be free to sit on the road without much worry while other lose money, education, medical treatment.

Reactions: 9

no-no

VIP Member
Just seen the mess they’ve caused at Trafalgar Square (?) vandalising the fountain 🤬 the feckless idiots are just a travelling freak-show. Some beast with a megaphone bouncing around with her belly hanging out. Namby-pamby police standing there grinning like they’re in a queue at a festival, itching for their opportunity to break out into a dance 🙄 they all need putting in the recycle bin.

• Angry
Reactions: 9

LadyMuck

VIP Member
Laughed at anti JSO pranksters who wore similar tee shirts but with 'just stop pissing people off' then formed a ring round them, kettling them in!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

RaveChampion

Chatty Member
They are an end of the world cult.
These have been going on since Jesus was a nipper.
They will continue to go on.

I'd give them more kudos if they protested at mens footy like a few others have said.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
I love the way the German police turned out the lights in the VW plant and left the idiots glued to the floor for the night.

thatstupidcat

Notice how they've never repeated that stunt where they disrupted the tube, since a load of angry builders and other workers fought back.

Clearly direct response by the obstructed public works, so surely just a matter of time before someone just drives over these numpties, not to kill them, but a broken leg or two might change their methods.

Can't understand why the police don't just pick them up en masse and sit them on the side of the road and let them choke on the diesel fumes for a few hours until they've got time to deal with it properly or for the ringleaders to find the keys to the chains and bike locks. Glued your hands to the road? Oh dear, silly you, this will hurt a bit, maybe don't do that again. You'd only have to go in hard like this once or twice to let the numpties know that it's definitely a possibility that they'll just be swept aside and left to stew on the roadside for the rest of the day, for them to think twice. It's the constant pandering and protection that is keeping it happening.

Environmental protesters are modern day puritans, who want to drag us back to the dark ages and live like joyless animals in anticipation of an apocalypse that never comes.

They hate the poor in this country plus the non-whites outside of it - so many are super concerned with the birthrate in African countries and the like. Ignoring the simple fact that a woman in the heart of Zimbabwe or even China could theoretically have 7 kids, bring them up to adulthood, and still only have the merest fraction of an environmental impact compared with the middle class’ 2.4 kids here.

If they were truly sensible, they’d realise that they aren’t going to stop second and third world countries from developing, and yes that means industrialising. They should be focusing on helping them industrialise with new clean tech to minimise the impact and then birth rates will fall and that will be that.

But that would involve full time work, not part time student theatrics which will ultimately backfire as the government will start scaling back the rights to protest in this country.

• Heart
Hasn't their leader been found of having a diesel car? Which is now considered bad for the environment?

I've always cared about the environment. I do my recycling. I'm careful with energy consumption. I drive small car etc.

I will not take advice from a mob that cause more damage than good. Do they not realise that these protests mean cars will just be sat there pumping out more fumes? Its just beyond stupid.

IngressUK

VIP Member
I loudly applaud those drivers that yanked the protestors out of the way on Wandsworth Bridge and in East London.

If the Police didn't like it, tough!

Do your jobs, or have no grounds for complaint or condemnation if the public do the job for you.

As for Roger Hallam of XR, the guy needs a public flogging.

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
How are these new laws the state is supposedly writing up to stop these people going to work when they'll shortly change their name (which they pretty much have for this cause, we know they're XR). Do those laws still apply? Personally I'm more in favour of the public moving them as they did in the video posted, as its obvious the police aren't stopping them.
If i was in that situation and in the front of the traffic queue I'd keep on inching towards them whilst revving hard to emit my toxic fumes and hand permanently on horn to deafen them :D

IngressUK

VIP Member
Tbf this is a horrific tory government decision that’s a massive encroachment upon our civil liberties that we should all be super disturbed by (whether or not we paint buildings orange in our spare time) but you’re right, it’ll gain support from MPs and their constituents because of these protests. But what’s the alternative? Let the world burn? These ppl are on the right side of history.
Kier Starmer has come out and said that he supports these moves and they would not be repealed under a future Labour Government.

Something has to be done.

As it currently stands there will be serious escalations in the future, whereby fed up members of the public WILL take the law into their own hands to deal with this continual disruption. Just Stop Oil are just causing a war with the general public.

If the idiotic Deputy Commissioner of the Met Police doesn't want the public to step in and do the job of the Police, then they need to step up and deal with these idiots blocking the roads and spraying buildings. Moving them on immediately, no more of this 'softly Softly' crap that isn't working. Lawlessness of the protesters is being dealt with by lawlessness from the public.

I think it is high time that some of these businesses that have been sprayed with orange paint took Just Stop Oil to court to claim damages and compensation. It isn't right that they should have to stump up clean up costs. Just Stop Oil should be paying for those costs.

These idiots aren't peacefully protesting. They are causing the public uneccesary hassle and causing criminal damage to property.

kev1974

VIP Member
Notice how they've never repeated that stunt where they disrupted the tube, since a load of angry builders and other workers fought back.

Clearly direct response by the obstructed public works, so surely just a matter of time before someone just drives over these numpties, not to kill them, but a broken leg or two might change their methods.

Can't understand why the police don't just pick them up en masse and sit them on the side of the road and let them choke on the diesel fumes for a few hours until they've got time to deal with it properly or for the ringleaders to find the keys to the chains and bike locks. Glued your hands to the road? Oh dear, silly you, this will hurt a bit, maybe don't do that again. You'd only have to go in hard like this once or twice to let the numpties know that it's definitely a possibility that they'll just be swept aside and left to stew on the roadside for the rest of the day, for them to think twice. It's the constant pandering and protection that is keeping it happening.

• Haha

jewelkitty

Chatty Member
Anyone follow Ben Brown? A Youtuber who shouts about Extinction Rebellion but is constantly flying back and forth between London and South Africa, as well as other counties like Saudi Arabia... When anyone calls him out, he attacks them and says he can only try his best. The hypocrisy makes my blood boil.

• Wow

Cooksie

VIP Member
They're back this morning - blocking four routes round London. Just saw a video of men shouting at them that there was an ambulance stuck in the queue and dragging them off the road - only to have them run back on before being dragged off again as the men tried to wave a single lane through.

It's going to end up with someone getting their head kicked in at this rate.
My heart broke when I saw a women saying her elderly mother was in an ambulance and she needed to get past to get to her 💔 How selfish can you be!

• Sad

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
My answer to all of this is 'stop buying cheap mass produced crap from China'.

Yes I turn off lights when I go out if a room and recycle as much as possible. Can't afford a holiday so I don't think that my carbon footprint is particularly large. There's actually not much else I can do except boycott buying rubbish goods that have been shipped halfway across the world from the world's biggest polluter.

neroli

VIP Member
It's all so immature. No one respects or takes them seriously. They are fair weather nuisances anyway..No sign of 'em when it's cold ironically.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I loudly applaud those drivers that yanked the protestors out of the way on Wandsworth Bridge and in East London.

If the Police didn't like it, tough!

Do your jobs, or have no grounds for complaint or condemnation if the public do the job for you.

As for Roger Hallam of XR, the guy needs a public flogging.
I've been reading up on him, it is no wonder they think they are above the law. He committed criminal damage but was found not guilty because 'their actions were a proportionate response to the climate crisis'. He was then arrested again over the drone who ha at Heathrow, again never charged.

They think they can do as they please for their cause because no one holds them to task, only the public due to pure frustration. I would more than happily drag on of them out of the way, how they can do this in front of police while they stand around is beyond me. We know if this was a bunch of kids or you or I we would be arrested.

• Angry

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
They're just going to end up bringing stronger protest laws for the rest of us, after the way this lot carry on.

IngressUK

VIP Member
The bunch of headbangers known as Insulate Britain have been at it again, this time at junction 14 of the M25.

What a stupid move considering the current petrol issue, with fuel still unavailable in many locations.

These guys now need to suffer the wrath of the public, whom they selfishly hold up.

Last edited: