Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Notice how they've never repeated that stunt where they disrupted the tube, since a load of angry builders and other workers fought back.

Clearly direct response by the obstructed public works, so surely just a matter of time before someone just drives over these numpties, not to kill them, but a broken leg or two might change their methods.

Can't understand why the police don't just pick them up en masse and sit them on the side of the road and let them choke on the diesel fumes for a few hours until they've got time to deal with it properly or for the ringleaders to find the keys to the chains and bike locks. Glued your hands to the road? Oh dear, silly you, this will hurt a bit, maybe don't do that again. You'd only have to go in hard like this once or twice to let the numpties know that it's definitely a possibility that they'll just be swept aside and left to stew on the roadside for the rest of the day, for them to think twice. It's the constant pandering and protection that is keeping it happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Notice how they've never repeated that stunt where they disrupted the tube, since a load of angry builders and other workers fought back.

Clearly direct response by the obstructed public works, so surely just a matter of time before someone just drives over these numpties, not to kill them, but a broken leg or two might change their methods.

Can't understand why the police don't just pick them up en masse and sit them on the side of the road and let them choke on the diesel fumes for a few hours until they've got time to deal with it properly or for the ringleaders to find the keys to the chains and bike locks. Glued your hands to the road? Oh dear, silly you, this will hurt a bit, maybe don't do that again. You'd only have to go in hard like this once or twice to let the numpties know that it's definitely a possibility that they'll just be swept aside and left to stew on the roadside for the rest of the day, for them to think twice. It's the constant pandering and protection that is keeping it happening.

Environmental protesters are modern day puritans, who want to drag us back to the dark ages and live like joyless animals in anticipation of an apocalypse that never comes.

They hate the poor in this country plus the non-whites outside of it - so many are super concerned with the birthrate in African countries and the like. Ignoring the simple fact that a woman in the heart of Zimbabwe or even China could theoretically have 7 kids, bring them up to adulthood, and still only have the merest fraction of an environmental impact compared with the middle class’ 2.4 kids here.

If they were truly sensible, they’d realise that they aren’t going to stop second and third world countries from developing, and yes that means industrialising. They should be focusing on helping them industrialise with new clean tech to minimise the impact and then birth rates will fall and that will be that.

But that would involve full time work, not part time student theatrics which will ultimately backfire as the government will start scaling back the rights to protest in this country.

• Heart
The police in these protests aren't upholding the law. There needs to be a privately funded police force to do the job our police force used to do.

Reactions: 4
The police in these protests aren't upholding the law. There needs to be a privately funded police force to do the job our police force used to do.
A retired Police officer on Talkradio this morning was saying under Common Law you have the right to move people who obstruct your way.

Therefore if you are held up by such people, you can lawfully remove them from obstructing your path, despite what the Wokice (Police) may say to you. If they did arrest you for doing so, you could probably successfully argue the toss that under common law you were entitled to do so.

If people want to protest it should he done in a manner that does not distrupt, hinder, or affect other people's daily business. As soon as a protest does infringe on other people lives, they should be IMMEDIATELY moved on.

No ifs, no buts, no excuses.

To note: I only support the public taking the law into their own hands (using reasonable force) when the Police are informed of a problem but:
A) Don't bother to respond, or turn up.
B) Idlely stand by doing nothing, whilst tens of thousands are inconvenienced, as with the protests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

I know you have to kick up a fuss as a protest in parliament Square is so easy to ignore, but this isn't it

I'm not even sure retrofitting insulation even works, can cause so much problems doing things like filling a cavity that was designed to be a breathable void!

I know you have to kick up a fuss as a protest in parliament Square is so easy to ignore, but this isn't it

I'm not even sure retrofitting insulation even works, can cause so much problems doing things like filling a cavity that was designed to be a breathable void!
The problem is that the drivers slow down and stop. Can you really be blamed if someone willing walked in front of your moving vehicle?

"A group of 15 activists from Insulate Britain sat in the road at Junction 18 at Rickmansworth, near Watford, this morning as they offered their 'sympathies' to a woman paralysed by a stroke after getting stuck in traffic for six hours last week."

Will sympathies pay her rent and buy her food because she can't work now? Every minute matters in a stroke.

Reactions: 7
I can see the confusion when we have to adjust the usual excuse - "sorry I'm late, someone else was stuck on the m25" 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hasn't free/subsidised insulation been available via government schemes and grants for years? Have they recently dropped this initiative or something? I know this bunch are part of the overall climate change movement, but it just seems a really niche thing to be protesting about.

Reactions: 3

This is getting to the point of a mass punch up likely to occur on the M25, by those drivers held up for the umpteenth time.

People are getting highly fed up with these idiots and the utterly useless fuckwits known as the Police, for doing little to stop them and move them on in the shortest time possible.

Hasn't free/subsidised insulation been available via government schemes and grants for years? Have they recently dropped this initiative or something? I know this bunch are part of the overall climate change movement, but it just seems a really niche thing to be protesting about.
Yes, they're decades late with this issue. It's been done and sorted. Whenever I've heard them interviewed on the radio they start off talking about insulation and then start banging on about XR issues. They are XR but they have to keep inventing new names to get in the press since most people don't want to hear XR.

This is getting to the point of a mass punch up likely to occur on the M25, by those drivers held up for the umpteenth time.

People are getting highly fed up with these idiots and the utterly useless fuckwits known as the Police, for doing little to stop them and move them on in the shortest time possible.
It is. I think there are likely more people in the country close to snapping point now than ever after the last 2 years. They’d be wise to consider that.

Reactions: 2
The problem is that the drivers slow down and stop. Can you really be blamed if someone willing walked in front of your moving vehicle?

"A group of 15 activists from Insulate Britain sat in the road at Junction 18 at Rickmansworth, near Watford, this morning as they offered their 'sympathies' to a woman paralysed by a stroke after getting stuck in traffic for six hours last week."

Will sympathies pay her rent and buy her food because she can't work now? Every minute matters in a stroke.
They should be prosecuted for this IMO. It is beyond ‘peaceful protest’.

What position would you be in if you were driving at 60/70mph and one of these idiots walked out in front of you, or didn't give you enough time to brake and you hit them?

Surely you wouldn't be liable if that was the case, as they were the ones at fault and took the risk being in a place they shouldn't have been.

It is. I think there are likely more people in the country close to snapping point now than ever after the last 2 years. They’d be wise to consider that.
Unfortunately they don't. I no longer have any time for the Police in this country as they proved themselves to be utterly useless, incompetent and authoritarian during the covid lockdown periods.

They'd happily fine you for driving 1mph over the limit, or not wearing a face covering, but not do jack about dealing with real issues, such as this Insulate Britain mob.

No wonder crimes rates are soaring, when people are emboldened to commit crime by the lack of action the Police take.

Last edited:
What position would you be in if you were driving at 60/70mph and one of these idiots walked out in front of you, or didn't give you enough time to brake and you hit them?

Surely you wouldn't be liable if that was the case, as they were the ones at fault and took the risk being in a place they shouldn't have been.
To be honest I think If was still driving I too would stop like the other drivers all did. At 60/70mph I would be afraid of a counter law suit the most and of still being blamed. I can only imagine how traumatic hitting someone must be and all the PTSD it could cause.

Liam from Insulate Britain on GMB this morning.

The guy comes across as being as thick as pigshit.

Didn't like being asked why his own home wasn't insulated.

Flouncing off at the end, when the discussion wasn't going his way. What an utter muppet. 🤦‍♂️

To be honest I think If was still driving I too would stop like the other drivers all did. At 60/70mph I would be afraid of a counter law suit the most and of still being blamed. I can only imagine how traumatic hitting someone must be and all the PTSD it could cause.
What I was trying to say is what if you didn't have enough time and distance to stop and you hit one.

You surely wouldn't be at fault, or liable for any legal action.

Last edited:
Liam from Insulate Britain on GMB this morning.

The guy comes across as being as thick as pigshit.

Didn't like being asked why his own home wasn't insulated.
So one of those do as I say not as I do environmentalists .

I
It's noticeable that he barely blinked when asked about harm that could be caused by their actions but got riled when called a fascist. A leftwing headbanger, nothing more.

Reactions: 7

It was reported that he claimed he rents from a housing association and that they are responsible for insulating his subsidised property. As a self-employed contractor (electrician I think), there is nothing stopping him from improving his own property and for cheaper than what we could. Or, you know, moving out if he feels so strongly.

The only thing I’d say about the police response is that their hands are tied as High Court judges are actively stymying and reversing protesters’ convictions:

I wonder if I will live to see the right to protest ended because of these pricks, certainly when a cute blonde girl gets turned into paste by a HGV she steps out in front of.