Climate Activists

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only thing I’d say about the police response is that their hands are tied as High Court judges are actively stymying and reversing protesters’ convictions:

I can't see it mentioned there but I'm hoping the 'temporary obstruction' part only applies to those who had not glued themselves to anything because although the protesters can be dissolved and scraped away I would not see that as 'temporary' as solvents/equipment were needed instead of just lifting them and carrying them to the side.

I wonder if I will live to see the right to protest ended because of these pricks, certainly when a cute blonde girl gets turned into paste by a HGV she steps out in front of.
That would depend if she was expecting a similar result as one might get from throwing oneself in front of the King's horse, unless that was the intended parallel and I've just been a bit slow?

Reactions: 1
Frankly if you sit on a motorway, you deserve what's coming. How on earth is it allowed, just move them and dump them somewhere or let them be at risk of being run over.

Reactions: 9
The majority of people are not interested in this movement any more. They‘ve lost respect of the public and people who are trying to go about their day and their employment after the dreadful 18 months we have had. Go and protest at Downing Street , not in the middle of the busiest and possibly most dangerous motorway in the UK. They are bunch of numpties if they think this is the way to do it. Bloody amateurs.

Reactions: 15

I know you have to kick up a fuss as a protest in parliament Square is so easy to ignore, but this isn't it

I'm not even sure retrofitting insulation even works, can cause so much problems doing things like filling a cavity that was designed to be a breathable void!
Exactly this! Heard of so many issues with mould and damp after homes being insulated.

Reactions: 3
Just seen the news ticker this morning:

'M25 Protesters vow to carry on.'

Do this lot not get it?

As far as I am now concerned, they deserve anything that is forthcoming.

From being physically attacked by members of the public, given massive fines, to being thrown in prison.

Why don't they go and protest outside the Chinese embassy in London? After all China are the world's biggest polluters, along with the U.S.

At least the UK is trying to do something positive about climate change - unlike China and the U.S.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm still struggling with the idea that causing tailbacks on or around the M25 is some kind of noteworthy achievement?
Bit of an easy target - it's perfectly capable of doing that on its own without needing any help and always has been, destined to be so even when it was just a glint in a traffic cone's eye.

That said it's still insane that so few people can mess up so much just by sitting in the wrong place.

Reactions: 7
I'm still struggling with the idea that causing tailbacks on or around the M25 is some kind of noteworthy achievement?
Bit of an easy target - it's perfectly capable of doing that on its own without needing any help and always has been, destined to be so even when it was just a glint in a traffic cone's eye.

That said it's still insane that so few people can mess up so much just by sitting in the wrong place.
It amazes me that they think the government care people are stuck on the M25. There are always tail backs, an accident and it comes to a standstill.

Reactions: 8
Extinction rebellion held a protest in the city I live in a couple of years ago, which included blocking several main roads during morning rush hour. Whilst drivers were stopped, the protestors were coming up to car windows to try and talk to those inside. Very few opened their window or engaged in conversation for long (I was one of the drivers stuck, I wound my window down and just said no, and wound it back up again).
They harm their own cause with these antics.
I do believe we need to take more care of the environment but these protests are not the way to do it.

I think part of the reason these sort of antics are needed is because people just forget after a few days or it becomes a bit of a virtue-signalling thing, so nothing actually gets done. Climate change is a great example of this because… well, if governments and large companies had more pressure for the public we would see change. Insulate Britain is just trying to raise awareness for an issue no one cares about unless they expeirence it, in which case it’s very localised and easy to ignore

The performative stuns are annoying and a huge inconvenience but that’s sort of the point. They get media attention, mentioned in Parliament in some manner and more people may read up on the issue

However, the problem comes when people don’t want to do anything and play into the politician’s hands with their anger. So the issue is ignored again and everyone moves on, protests continue

That does seem to mean that these protests probably won’t achieve anything sadly but I don’t think you can really blame passionate people for trying 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also this seems like an awful climate for protests tbh. The media aren’t going to focus on them when they could continue talking about all these shortages

The bunch of headbangers known as Insulate Britain have been at it again, this time at junction 14 of the M25.

What a stupid move considering the current petrol issue, with fuel still unavailable in many locations.

These guys now need to suffer the wrath of the public, whom they selfishly hold up.

Last edited:
The activists may be out in force more so at the moment, as Greta is out and about again so attention will be on climate stuff.

Reactions: 1
Greta is possibly the most annoying child in the world. 😐

every single one of those M50 idiots should be arrested and made clean NHS toilets ascommunity service

Reactions: 14
They're back this morning - blocking four routes round London. Just saw a video of men shouting at them that there was an ambulance stuck in the queue and dragging them off the road - only to have them run back on before being dragged off again as the men tried to wave a single lane through.

It's going to end up with someone getting their head kicked in at this rate.

They're back this morning - blocking four routes round London. Just saw a video of men shouting at them that there was an ambulance stuck in the queue and dragging them off the road - only to have them run back on before being dragged off again as the men tried to wave a single lane through.

My heart broke when I saw a women saying her elderly mother was in an ambulance and she needed to get past to get to her 💔 How selfish can you be!

• Sad

It will, I saw some of the footage of the protestors being dragged off like kittens being carried by the scruff of their necks, they're not really a match for the angry energy of men trying to get to work.

Greta is possibly the most annoying child in the world. 😐
I'm glad it's not just me who thinks this 👀

Reactions: 5
So tiresome that nothing is being done about this. It'll be the ones who take matters into their own hands that get punished. The injunction doesn't seem to be any sort of deterrent.

I saw someone suggest they should park a couple of lorries up front, turn on the engines and see how long they can tolerate the exhaust fumes before they move on. 😂

• Haha
The activists may be out in force more so at the moment, as Greta is out and about again so attention will be on climate stuff.
i think it s because of the upcoming COP26 climate summit happening in Glasgow at the end of October, where 30,000 will fly round the world to discuss climate change (couldn’t make it up 😂😂😂)

I think that is what is getting the numpties excited at the moment,

• Haha
Bet they willl not have the balls to protest in Glasgow when the COP26 is taking place. Bloody idiots, they need locking up.

folks on Wandsworth Bridge not standing for any of this road blocking nonsense :ROFLMAO:

no police there to ask them if they wanted cups of tea or other pleasantries

• Heart
Reactions: 9