Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IngressUK

VIP Member
If you ever get the chance to speak face to face with an XR protester, please ask them why they aren't protesting in China.

A country that produces 28% of the entire worlds co2 emissions, is building new coal fired power stations year on year and has no desire to go green in any real meaningful way.

Of course they are thick as pigshit, many of them.

They don't seem to understand even if the UK was carbon minus, it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference until the likes of China and the U.S are on board.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

navybluewolf

Chatty Member
I would love it if they were genuine, but most of them are not. It's just a new, cool rebellious thing for kids to do. They'd be better off staying at home and growing vegetables on an allotment instead of travelling hundreds of miles in clapped out cars spewing black smoke, camping out and making a mess, and buying snacks and coffee in single use plastic packaging instead of packing their own. I've seen all this with my own eyes. They leave shit tonnes of rubbish behind too. Also, the UK government has already declared a climate emergency, as has most of Europe. Why don't they go in protest in Brazil and China, lets see how far they get there. :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 10

no-no

VIP Member
E06FE5F7-2159-4A65-9BC4-034DA8A2B6FA.jpeg

Bunch of hypocritcal twats. They have a livestock/dairy farmer subsection to their pathetic movement. Says it all. They and Greta use way more fossil fuels than me so I won’t be lectured by them.

They care as much about global warming as I do about golf (and I hate golf). For the rent-a-gobs it’s just something to feed their egos, they don’t care what damage they’re doing to the message.

kev1974

VIP Member
No sign of Just Stop Oil in front of Joe Biden's 27 vehicle motorcade that took him to his Net Zero talks with King Charles today then? Not very committed, are they.

1689008308987.png

• Haha

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Absolutely sick of them now tbh. They make a load of mess wherever they go and they’re so irritating they’re undermining their cause (which is an important one) because people don’t want to listen to them when they behave the way they do. Just a load of privileged anarchists really, seem to have nothing better to do.

NitrousOxide

Chatty Member
So grateful to these people for protesting to protect all of us. We are ALL literally facing being burnt to death or drowning and some of you are complaining that the activists aren't peaceful enough for you? What the fuck? Do you understand climate change? If we don't die a horrific death because of it, your children will. It's not debatable; it's DEFINITELY HAPPENING. These are some of the first people to be arrested. It'll be you one day, when you're scared enough to disrupt the status quo. Support them, they are your allies.

• Haha
  • Heart
The company I worked with years ago had Greenpeace protesters chain themselves to railings high up on one of their vessels. They left them overnight until they got cold and hungry (and had pissed themselves).

• Haha
  • Heart

neroli

VIP Member
The Tories would win the election if they pledged to send this rabble off for National Service(compulsory military option) and if they refused send them to Rwanda in an expensive fuel guzzling plane or on foot/swimming if they had ethical issues with air flights.

• Haha

EastofHollywood

Chatty Member
They are a bunch of trustafarian idiots who just want to cause a load of trouble. The people who don't want to do anything about climate change are delighted with them because they are turning so many people against them. Technology causes 10% of global emissions. Will they be getting the new iPhone when it comes out? Will they stop buying new clothes when they see a cheap top in Primark? They want the government to do something because they know that something will be tax, which they can afford,so they can carry on going on their skiing trips and gap years.It is not constructive at all. If everyone acts on things like reducing meat consumption, reducing plastic use etc we can make a difference. XR just go on marches just to agitate.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I'm absolutely raging about those JSO orange cunts spraying paint on stone henge 🤬
When are these morons going to face punishment for their moronic acts of vandalism.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
They were in the paper over yesterdays protests, the leader of Extinction Rebellion has supported their refusal to let an ambulance though and said it doesn't matter if someone dies because of this as the climate is more important than one death.

I hope he or his family never need the ambulance service. I get they are passionate about their cause, but they are not helping themselves. They are causing people to fight against them instead of supporting them.

• Angry

kev1974

VIP Member
The main reason I do not take these protesters seriously.

The UK is currently responsible for 1-2% of worldwide co2 emissions. Efforts are being made to reduce this to below zero over time - something we are continually not allowed for forget.

Yet these protesters continually seem to be ignorant to the larger producers of co2, namely China, Japan, Russia and the U.S.

Instead they makes peoples lives a misery here for little impact on a worldwide scale. If they are serious about their aims, then they should be going out to these countries and shaming them for their co2 emissions.

However they won't do that, as they are utter hypocrites.
Because none of it (Extinction Rebellion, Insulate Britain) is really about the climate at all.

That's just the cuddly concept that they are using to get some level of acceptance for their nuisance from certain sections of the public (especially the poor gullible sods that they've persuaded to be the foot soldiers and go stand on train roofs, smash bank windows, sit in front of lorries etc). Also to make things more difficult for the government to shut them down (pretending to be about climate change keeps the people in power who make the laws and set the jail sentences etc blindly sympathetic).

The reality is just old fashioned anarchy and civil disorder masterminded by a few that are well out of sight.

Not sure what their true motive or end game is, perhaps just distracting the police and courts while something else criminal is happening, or perhaps general breakdown of law and order. I'm sure we'll find out eventually, but it's not climate change.

NeverEnough

VIP Member
I remember there was a good documentary years ago which followed UAF and EDL. They filmed at the same protest but from different sides. When it came to it nothing was much different between them in the end. Shouting at police, shouting at each other, fighting with the police, fighting with each other. It ended with arrests galore on both sides.
Extremists are the two cheeks of the same arse.

• Haha

emmer_moans

VIP Member
They may have used cornflour as they think it would be organic and harmless but orange/red dye is not an easy colour to get rid of...
Also, there's a risk of copy cat behaviour with people using actual paint in the future rather than some type of flour. So either way, it's irresponsible/criminal as they have tainted the stones. Anyway, what has Stonehenge got to do with petrol and climate change? They'd be more impactful if they painted petrol stations orange or something, not that I condone that either. All they are doing is pissing people off and ruining artefacts.

Impleo

VIP Member
It is the hypocrisy that I can't stand. No wonder as a society we are becoming more divided.

I live in a city that tends to have a strong opinion on things. We've had 2 efforts to shut down my city on a weekend by Extinction Rebellion. First one I decided to go and have a nosey.

IMG-20190706-WA0012.jpg

It was cringe - these are our hardcore anarchists. The aim was to shut down the city to all traffic, including public transport. Privileged people shutting down the city to those who cannot afford to live here, struggling local businesses losing money due to the disruption.

I expected passion and heated exchanges. What we had was an embarrassing display of virtue signalling.

What I don't get is why do they do it in a city like mine, where I imagine most people would be aware of the cause and would be a city most likely to support the cause. Why not go to Bradford or Rochdale and see the reception they get? I do get it really, all they want is a pat on the back from other like-minded people.

IngressUK

VIP Member
Reported today that the latest Just Stop Oil protest on the M25 has caused two lorries to crash.

Enough of this BS. Time for the fed up motorists caught up in this crap to take direct action against those involved. I don't generally agree with violence, unless absolutely backed into a corner - which these protesters are now doing to the public.

I think it now the only thing that will get though to these protesters and curtail their actions. The wrath of the fed up public.

There would he a huge round of applause and support nationally, if they did.