Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Upper middle class prats with too much free time on their hands looking for a bit of attention.

Their end goals are unrealistic at best, and it’s strange that they don’t openly criticise China or India.

Pay them no mind and they will move on to the next “cause” that’s in fashion.

Reactions: 9

kev1974

VIP Member
folks on Wandsworth Bridge not standing for any of this road blocking nonsense :ROFLMAO:

no police there to ask them if they wanted cups of tea or other pleasantries

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
If all it took was a cherry picker, why did it take 36 hours and not 2 hours to get it done?

• Dartford Crossing has been closed for a day after two protesters climbed the QEII bridge at 3.50am yesterday
  • A cherry picker arrived and the eco-zealots have now been taken down from the bridge and arrested
  • The two men have been arrested on a charge of suspicion of conspiracy to commit public nuisance
  • Comes as police also probing video appearing to show fireworks being fired at the protesters last night
  • A separate protest by the group this morning blocked traffic outside Barons Court station in London
I think it was a super tall cherry picker. Not many of them around and I'm sure the few there are are booked solid on construction jobs, not laying around waiting for a twat to climb up a bridge.

I hope they are made to pay the immediate costs of hiring the super cherry picker in the first instance, and that cost is not left to the taxpayer to pick up on their behalf.

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Frankly if you sit on a motorway, you deserve what's coming. How on earth is it allowed, just move them and dump them somewhere or let them be at risk of being run over.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I dont understand how bagpipe man can be moved on for safely playing a musical instrument, while someone blocking a road cant?

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
If one of the protesters suffered life-threatening injuries (eventually I think someone is going to get annoyed and drive into them) I wonder if the others would block an ambulance arriving to help them.

• Sad

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
The papers need to agree not to report on them , don’t give them oxygen. Then they have no one to highlight their cause. Disgraceful. They are also alienating the people they need on their side.

Lonette

These people are psychotic. Why would they ruin something like the London Marathon! People running in the open air is about the healthiest passtime a human can do, and one of the best for the planet as well.

They make no sense, disturbing snooker and throwing things at paintings. None of this has anything to do with what you'd think their message should be.

I'm not a climate change denier (though I do think that label is fucking ridiculous) but I feel the likes of Just Stop Oil are more about attacking the working class everyman than anything else.

I was glad to see two have been jailed for one of their vile motorway stunts that caused people to miss funerals and such but I wish the sentence had been five years each. These people act like they are running the country and it's batshit crazy.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
A lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck, if I lived near the M25 I would probably feel dangerously close to losing my nerve if being trapped in gridlock meant my boss docked my pay. A day's pay is significant and is the difference between affording food for the whole month or not. I understand stuff needs to change for the future but it's always the common Joe Bloggs who gets punished by these protests.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
This is at least the second or third attack on the Magna Carta in recent years.

Then there was that guy who threw himself at the Queen's coffin when her Majesty was lying in state. He got let off free too.

What the hell has happned to people? This sort of behaviour started before Covid so lockdown can't be blamed. It just feels like there has been a mass "nervous breakdown" of humans in the western world but at random???
Something has gone wrong with society this century particularly in the last 10 years and the covid lockdown exacerbated it.
We have a very polarised society now and people seem to have no tolerance for the opinions of others. Very few are satisfied with their lot in life.

Apparently this is part of cyclical history:
From New Scientist
"It starts with a fairly equal society, then, as the population grows, the supply of labour begins to outstrip demand and so becomes cheap. Wealthy elites form, while the living standards of the workers fall. As the society becomes more unequal, the cycle enters a more destructive phase, in which the misery of the lowest strata and infighting between elites contribute to social turbulence and, eventually, collapse."

Our already extremely unequal society has billionaires travelling the world in private jets at one end while lecturing ordinary people to stop going on holiday and will impoverish them further by enforcing net zero. This is what I have a problem with.

I'm all for positive initiatives to clean up the plastic in the sea etc but the reason why ordinary people are not always on board with the activists is because the sacrifices to their lifestyle makes life even more difficult while not affecting the elites. There are pensioners and families in this country having to choose between eating and heating their homes in winter.

The elites need to start making sacrifices themselves instead of thinking that the poor people will be happy about being made even poorer.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Why aren't they in work or college? I wish the police would leave them glued
Exactly. I bet it would sort things out overnight and there would be no more of these protests if the police just left them glued to the road for once, even better put up some boarding/fencing so they're just enclosed in their own little protest space and the world just carries on around them. See how committed to the cause they are when having to wet themselves or rely on others to spoon feed them their dinner becomes a real danger.

I think we need to look deeper into JSO, I think its gone beyond climate activists and more into cult.

I saw a bizarre interview with the leader a while back and he was saying if we dont stop climate change then sea will rise, immigrants will come to the uk and break in and r*pe your Gran. It was like some weird programming thing. It felt like scientology.

Then I've put the discomfort I felt with that combined with the bizarre behaviour of the people involved, One girl in particular, chained herself to a bridge and was literally sobbing about the planet.

I have noticed they have been using older people nowadays to do these stunts.

• Wow

givepeasachance

VIP Member

This is like when you're on your 5th gin & lemonade, and get over emotional about the daftest of things and then you start crying. You know you're getting over emotional but the tears start flowing and you're powerless to stop them in the gin induced drama.

THE FISH IN THE POND ARE DYING THEY CAN'T BREATHE

And the next day you remember your emotional state and the cringe is real

• Haha
  • Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member

If only we'd take the same approach
We spend too much time pandering to these people.

If you go up on the bridge, then leave them there and let life carry one. They are well aware of the danger they are putting themselves in so let them worry about it. Why are 100s of people being effective for the actions of one.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Thousands of people will have trained for a year to run in the London Marathon, raising money for charities etc.
These protesters really annoy me, they ought to head for one of the globe's biggest polluters - China, & try protesting there, a truncheon across the face or worse, would be the outcome.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I am struggling to see how putting orange dye on a snooker table achieves anything for their cause other than to make everyone get pissed off with them. I have learned nothing about what they are trying to prevent from them defacing someone else’s property. Stop hurting everyday people and go lobby actual officials who can influnece change. Ruining a sport match doesn’t save the environment, it’s just a punch in the face to the players and the spectators who put effort in/paid money to participate in recreation as a break from stressful life.
---
What's with them taking over the London marathon and acting like an impotent version of the Mafia SMH 🤦‍♀️ 🤪
People running under their own organic effort and not using cars seems an odd place for the cult to protest about oil :ROFLMAO: They are targeting the wrong things. Pissing off snooker fans and runners is so dumb. Running is better for the environment than a car race, no? Leave the runners alone.