Clemmie Telford #3 Can't handle cash? Can't get pissed? Can't dress as an adult? Write a list!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t believe I’m even saying this but I get the period thing a little bit. Arghhh I hate myself for ‘aligning’ with budget Clemmie in any way, but yeah. What she fails to understand though, is that most of us don’t have the flexibility of work and home life that allows us to just switch off or schedule around periods. Most people have actual employers who want bums on seats. Me, personally, I have horrific periods (yes I’ve seen doctors). As I’m quite lucky and have a niche job (I’m not an influencer ffs), I have a pretty flexible role. So I won’t schedule myself in to do presentations or big meetings etc during my period because I have to stand up, and if I’m on my period I feel bloody awful and weak and have to go to the toilet every ten minutes. I always have lots of work to do from home so I tend to schedule that in on period days. Lucky me! I deliberately booked to take my kids ice skating on a date that didn’t coincide with my period. All of that kind of thing. But I would never be so stupidly short sighted as to casually recommend other women just sign off on period days! And going to a hotel. Goodness me, how ridiculous.
Yeah, there is a massive difference between being aware (if you're lucky enough to be regular- I wasnt for years, and was constantly taken by surprise!) that it's coming, and lightening your load a little if you can and planning your entire life around those few days!! Honestly, women have been having periods forever, and never has so much bloody (pardon the pun) fuss been made about average women having average periods. I'm all for being in tune with your body and kind to yourself, but c'mon!!!!

Reactions: 6
I have light regular painless periods and the only impact on me in the past year has been taking dark pyjamas on a weekend away rather than light, in case of a leak on day one.

I know I’m lucky but I don’t think I’m that unusual.

Reactions: 1
Yeah, there is a massive difference between being aware (if you're lucky enough to be regular- I wasnt for years, and was constantly taken by surprise!) that it's coming, and lightening your load a little if you can and planning your entire life around those few days!! Honestly, women have been having periods forever, and never has so much bloody (pardon the pun) fuss been made about average women having average periods. I'm all for being in tune with your body and kind to yourself, but c'mon!!!!
I have endometriosis and such heavy periods I can’t use tampons and have even flooded on the car seat. I get such severe leg pain the first 2 days it’s hard to stand but I still have to do school runs, 3 per day and look after a big family, washing, cooking and shopping, daily cleaning as so much mess always. I cook never, ever count days out for my period. It’s all just so bloody ridiculous. I go from finding her posts about drinking slightly more bearable (but I just don’t drink as it’s impossible to parent my children properly if I do) not because I need to share how sober I am to absolute despair that this modern, breadwinning earner of the family, doesn’t schedule things if her periods looming. Seriously? Talk about making something a bigger deal for the sake of it and sympathy.

Reactions: 2
I have endometriosis and such heavy periods I can’t use tampons and have even flooded on the car seat. I get such severe leg pain the first 2 days it’s hard to stand but I still have to do school runs, 3 per day and look after a big family, washing, cooking and shopping, daily cleaning as so much mess always. I cook never, ever count days out for my period. It’s all just so bloody ridiculous. I go from finding her posts about drinking slightly more bearable (but I just don’t drink as it’s impossible to parent my children properly if I do) not because I need to share how sober I am to absolute despair that this modern, breadwinning earner of the family, doesn’t schedule things if her periods looming. Seriously? Talk about making something a bigger deal for the sake of it and sympathy.
My God, that sounds horrendous. But as you say, life doesnt stop. It's just another example of how privileged she is that she has the luxury of just shutting down if she wants to.

Reactions: 5
🙄Notsosmugnow and charlotte jacklin both in last week have done stories about their PMT they all jump on what anyone else is saying (No not everyone else just wanky self obsessed influencers, everyone one else deals with it and goes to work Without announcing to 100k people) and copy it. It does my nut!

Reactions: 4
Her toddler has coincidentally taken a picture of her tattoo and now she has a reason to do her crappy 'research' 🙄 does she think we were all born yesterday? She's clearly sat there like the absolute loser she is and took a blurry close up picture of her own tattoo so she can launch into these stories. She's so sad! Imagine growing up and realising your baby pictures were just tokens for your mum to post absolutely drivel on insta. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her toddler has coincidentally taken a picture of her tattoo and now she has a reason to do her crappy 'research' 🙄 does she think we were all born yesterday?
I was just coming on here to say the same thing! I wonder how many people actually reply to her ‘research’ posts.

Reactions: 2
I was just coming on here to say the same thing! I wonder how many people actually reply to her ‘research’ posts.
Shamefully I have in the past, I don’t now. She has only responded once and that was very tersely and I felt really stupid so never again!

My God, that sounds horrendous. But as you say, life doesnt stop. It's just another example of how privileged she is that she has the luxury of just shutting down if she wants to.
I read it back when you quoted me and wanted to get out the violins 😂 I didn’t mean if as a sob story but literally no one cares about my period lol except me!

Reactions: 3
Shamefully I have in the past, I don’t now. She has only responded once and that was very tersely and I felt really stupid so never again!

I read it back when you quoted me and wanted to get out the violins 😂 I didn’t mean if as a sob story but literally no one cares about my period lol except me!
Not taken as a sob story- seriously- if it's bad it's bad! I have the odd heavy painful one and that can knock me for 6, so fair play to you for dealing with all that (without needing to clear your schedule, book into a hotel etc!😉). I'm all for talking about it and normalising, and realising it's not the same for everyone- but these women act like they have cracked some sort of period code or they are the first women to ever deal with this tit!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m sure she gets lots of responses, I’ve probably responded back in the day. Especially difficult or stressful topics...it can feel good to unload. Influencers have pushed the idea they’re our ‘friends’ so they can profit off us. There are plenty of people out there who haven’t seen through the smokescreen yet.

Reactions: 6
I could never be an 'influencer' as I still like a drink, dont have a period (coil) and wouldn't have a clue what stage the moon is in !

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Naaah I cringed like there's no tomorrow for her wheres her friends and family wheres her husband how can he let this happen 😂

She’s such a cock. Her reply to me on Instagram stories before, was dripping with blind privilege. I said something about how perhaps going on about being skint, but advertising and not declaring expensive stuff, was a bit misleading and confusing for her followers, especially her target audience of new and perhaps isolated mums. She basically said they worked bloody hard for everything they’ve got, does declare ads properly (she bleeping doesn’t), and if anyone’s jealous of her life they should put the work in. Ermm yeah budget Clem, way to spectacularly miss a point you dick.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.