Classic Emmerdale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s a great character whether you love or dislike her.

Her fashion. Her gossiping. She was fab. She brought so much to the show.

Reactions: 6
somewhat ironic everyone here saying how much they love viv when everyone in the show was telling her off today!

poor viv! 😭 she had it coming though

Reactions: 5
She’s iconic her clothes are amazing still looks good I think. She was on the Distinct Nostalgia Podcast and she is such a lovely lady. I won’t go into what she said as it would be spoiler and don’t know how to do the hide spoiler but so different to her character

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Why has it taken them so long to replace the temp bus shelter yet they fixed the pub back up in weeks lol,I mean iget priorities and all but just makes me laugh lol

Reactions: 2
I don't remember this storyline guess I sealed it deep away lol. After today I am surprised Chas didn't dunk Chloe already, she is such self centered *****.

Watching the King family's scenes, I am reminded of how good Tom, Carl and Matthew King's characters were.
I still can't understand why Jimmy was the one they kept in the show.

He was nasty when he first arrived. Now he's changed to mister Blunders and is nothing like he was in the classic episodes.
And I think he was the least likeable of the Kings.
I hear that Tom Lister (Carl) is running a window cleaning company because his acting work dried up.
No idea how the Matthew actor is earning a crust these days.

And yet there's Jimmy the crappest of them all, still in the show.

Wish they'd not killed off the others. Would love to have them back.

Reactions: 4
Watching the King family's scenes, I am reminded of how good Tom, Carl and Matthew King's characters were.
I still can't understand why Jimmy was the one they kept in the show.

He was nasty when he first arrived. Now he's changed to mister Blunders and is nothing like he was in the classic episodes.
And I think he was the least likeable of the Kings.
I hear that Tom Lister (Carl) is running a window cleaning company because his acting work dried up.
No idea how the Matthew actor is earning a crust these days.

And yet there's Jimmy the crappest of them all, still in the show.

Wish they'd not killed off the others. Would love to have them back.
I always wondered why they left Jimmy it as he became Nicose wimp. The last I heard of Carl (Tom Lister) he was doing stage shows. Will have a look later and see where they are.

The last I heard of Carl (Tom Lister) he was doing stage shows.

I saw him in 42nd Street years ago, he was really good.

Debbie Downer and Miserable Marlon drag down all their scenes right now, but did find Viv's reaction to Donna's news absolutely hilarious. She physically recoiled with such a sneer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 5
I saw him in 42nd Street years ago, he was really good.

Debbie Downer and Miserable Marlon drag down all their scenes right now, but did find Viv's reaction to Donna's news absolutely hilarious. She physically recoiled with such a sneer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Also loving Pearl being gleeful about Ednas ancestor.
---
I always wondered why they left Jimmy it as he became Nicose wimp. The last I heard of Carl (Tom Lister) he was doing stage shows. Will have a look later and see where they are.

Read recently that he's finished his run in musicals and set up a window cleaning business to make ends meet because he has no acting work.
I think that's such a shame. Much bettter actor than him who plays Jimmy and yet he's the one out of work.
It stinks.
He should never have been killed off.

And yes, Debbie. Awful character.
Not enjoying having to watch her again. The first time around was too much.

Viv's "How do you spell chlamydia?"shout was priceless!
Am beginning to get fed up of Marlon's misery ..and as for Debbeh..Horrible brat.

Not very impressed with the doll playing baby Noah! :)

Reactions: 3
I missed all of last weeks ( family holiday) is it worth watching or could I start again today and be ok ? Does anyone watch current emmerdale and classic and hear how their voices have changed ( aged?) ?

I missed all of last weeks ( family holiday) is it worth watching or could I start again today and be ok ? Does anyone watch current emmerdale and classic and hear how their voices have changed ( aged?) ?
There's loads of little good bits. Just fast forward anything with Katie in it.
Nothing of interest with her involved. Whiny little cheat.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Laurel, I think, is the only one whose voice has distinctively changed from Classic to modern day. Her voice in Classic is much more high pitched and girly (almost childlike). Her personality was a bit more naive as well back then compared to now

Interesting isn't it that when revisiting Robert and Jack, there is no hint of Robert being gay or of Jack being violent towards him.

There's loads of little good bits. Just fast forward anything with Katie in it.
Nothing of interest with her involved. Whiny little cheat.
Thanks I’ll leave it on in the background as I am pottering around. She is annoying I have to agree and a cheat which is worse

He hit Robert (the other actor, not Karl) around the time they were adopting Andy.
I may be wrong but I think when the writers decided to make the new Robert gay they also decided to rewrite Jack as homophibic and said he'd hit Robert years ago because of that.

I may have misremembered the reason for Jack's alleged violence though.

I may be wrong but I think when the writers decided to make the new Robert gay they also decided to rewrite Jack as homophibic and said he'd hit Robert years ago because of that.

I may have misremembered the reason for Jack's alleged violence though.
Wasn’t it something like Jack caught Robert in bed with a male farmhand which was why he hit him (that was the story Robert told to someone a few years later from where we are in Classic when he became gay as it supposedly had happened years before)