Classic Emmerdale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surprised there isn't a thread on this!
Shame we missed the good old days of a young Kim Tate 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have been watching for ages, sad to say I enjoy more than than the current ones. Though some characters are still annoying.

I have been watching for ages, sad to say I enjoy more than than the current ones. Though some characters are still annoying.
Yes, especially Cain, bullying Emily!
But Bernice was so much better.awful how they've changed her.

Reactions: 8
I put the link on the Classic Corrie to come here.

Viv and Carol are getting on my nerves now, hope it is not long before she goes back home or wherever.
Glad we are back to 2 episodes each day instead of 1 and 3 Corries.

Reactions: 3
I put the link on the Classic Corrie to come here.

Viv and Carol are getting on my nerves now, hope it is not long before she goes back home or wherever.
Glad we are back to 2 episodes each day instead of 1 and 3 Corries.
Thank you for doing the link!!
I really don't like Carol, can't remember what happened to the b and b she bought.
Also, really never liked Kathy, crap actress, and her character got soo involved in everyone else's business!

Reactions: 7
Thank you for doing the link!!
I really don't like Carol, can't remember what happened to the b and b she bought.
Also, really never liked Kathy, crap actress, and her character got soo involved in everyone else's business!
I call her St Kathy, she really is the most annoying character, on a par with Betty. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I did like Kathy, I just don't think the writers knew what to do with her. She was a single woman by the time we're in now with three marriages behind her and no kids. She was lost and needed a redirection that never came. Alice being taken to Australia was the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't think Malandra has done much since leaving. I'd love for her to return but only if the writing was good and she had a backstory. We know she had a daughter in 2006 after getting married but that's about all we've heard since she left.

I can't stand Cain. He was a total creep back then. Sounds like he didn't change for many years considering he had a baby with Amy when she was a teenager.

I'm several weeks behind and only on the episodes where Jack and that guy had a fight in the games room. It's a real shame Clive is no longer with us as there is a major lack in the elderly generation in modern Emmerdale.

Reactions: 4
Is today the day that Trish goes on her maternity leave? Looks like she is going somewhere without telling anyone.
I can't remember how or why she left the first time.

It burned down in 2005 - Ashley and Bernice were the last people to live in it.
Oh, forgot about that!!
So Tricia has just vanished!
I really liked Terry, I know who he ends up with, but always thought he was a good un!!
Tara's back!

Reactions: 2
Oh, forgot about that!!
So Tricia has just vanished!
I really liked Terry, I know who he ends up with, but always thought he was a good un!!
Tara's back!
Tricia (Sheree) must have gone on maternity leave and just disappeared, wonder if they didn't know how to do her exit, I can't remember it.
Terry had a really tangled love life didn't he. :)

Tricia (Sheree) must have gone on maternity leave and just disappeared, wonder if they didn't know how to do her exit, I can't remember it.
Terry had a really tangled love life didn't he. :)
They did a terrible job of hiding her pregnancy, in today’s episode she was at least eight months gone.

I’ve loved watching it just to see how thus characters have all developed over the years. I didn’t realise how much time went into character development back then, especially as I’m sure when these were originally shown it was 3 episodes a week.

Loved Cain and Angie, and I forgot how much I loved early Charity. I agree with Kathy, I never realised how badly her character was acted.

They did a terrible job of hiding her pregnancy, in today’s episode she was at least eight months gone.

I’ve loved watching it just to see how thus characters have all developed over the years. I didn’t realise how much time went into character development back then, especially as I’m sure when these were originally shown it was 3 episodes a week.

Loved Cain and Angie, and I forgot how much I loved early Charity. I agree with Kathy, I never realised how badly her character was acted.
Emmerdale was shown twice a week in the afternoon when it first started in 72. I remember because I used to cook my parents lunch and had to either wash up before it started or wait until it finished. :) They lived in Yorkshire not too far from where it was filmed so it was like a religion to them as the first Yorkshire dedicated TV programme.
I have never liked Kathy as a character or as an actress and she always gave me the "don't you know who I am" vibe.

Reactions: 6

Charity I liked back then , Kathy was a busy body and a crap actress, as for Cain and Angie, no no, specially when he shagged her daughter.

Charity I liked back then , Kathy was a busy body and a crap actress, as for Cain and Angie, no no, specially when he shagged her daughter.
That was a dreadful story line about shagging Angies daughter. Must say that Cain (Jeff Audley) was improved as a character, not too much but I do think that he has grown into his looks and as a shallow woman will say that he is a nice looking older man. :)
I did think the actress that played Angie was another one that "got away" as they could not go anywhere else with her and have not seen her in anything since.

Reactions: 1
That was a dreadful story line about shagging Angies daughter. Must say that Cain (Jeff Audley) was improved as a character, not too much but I do think that he has grown into his looks and as a shallow woman will say that he is a nice looking older man. :)
I did think the actress that played Angie was another one that "got away" as they could not go anywhere else with her and have not seen her in anything since.
I've seen the actor who plays Cain on several TV programmes over the years, he really comes across as a nice chap! But on Emmerdale, he's bloody awful!!