Classic Emmerdale

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t it something like Jack caught Robert in bed with a male farmhand which was why he hit him (that was the story Robert told to someone a few years later from where we are in Classic when he became gay as it supposedly had happened years before)
Something like that.
When they decided Robert was going to be gay they decided to make Jack homophobic. All invented because neither character showed any signs before.
The writers forget we know the characters backstories bexayse we watch the show.
Either that or they think we are stupid.

My memory of the details is a bit fuzzy but we'll soon know because they are zooming through the classics.

Reactions: 4
I agree I think they rewrote the history and there was some disapproval at the time from long term viewers, I get they wanted Aaron and Robert together and watching Classic Emmerdale now Robert was always chasing the females. At best you could say the teasing of Andy and Stephen could be deflection of his own feelings

Interesting isn't it that when revisiting Robert and Jack, there is no hint of Robert being gay or of Jack being violent towards him.
my memory of the aaron and robert storyline is hazy with how ridiculous it became but wasn’t robert bisexual? i was sure he had a big scene where he discussed it with aaron.

Reactions: 2
my memory of the aaron and robert storyline is hazy with how ridiculous it became but wasn’t robert bisexual? i was sure he had a big scene where he discussed it with aaron.
I guess they had to say that so they could rewrite him.

Reactions: 1
I know scott's awful and deserves his comeuppance, but that was a little extreme!

Not sure whether that sort of thing would be allowed today? A touch of the waterboarding aspect about it?

It was just so extreme! couple of hours, then whip the sack off, fine. but leaving him there all night, in the snow was just yikes!

at least we've had the laughs of discovering edna's grandma was a madame

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Victoria deserves an award for her "if looks could kill" glare...

Kateh will soon hopefully get her comeuppance...Poor old Andeh will be in bits..

Reactions: 5

Kateh will soon hopefully get her comeuppance...Poor old Andeh will be in bits..
Pity she didn't stay on to play older Victoria, better actress than the one we have now.

Pity she didn't have a crystal ball to see him on Strictly - she would not have gone near the wuzz that was Robert. :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm sick of this Katie and Robert stuff.
It was bad enough watching it the first time around.

She keeps shagging him and then blaming him for it causing a problem with her marriage.

Katie, you are the married one and you are as guilty as Robert.

Reactions: 6
I'm sick of this Katie and Robert stuff.
It was bad enough watching it the first time around.

She keeps shagging him and then blaming him for it causing a problem with her marriage.

Katie, you are the married one and you are as guilty as Robert.
I don’t think her whiny voice helps either 😅

Reactions: 3
I don’t think her whiny voice helps either 😅
Too right.
It's worse than Laurel's.
---
Anyone wish Charity had sold Debbie?

Awful character.
---
Also, what does Andy actually do on the farm to earn a living?
Crops?
Cows?
Sheep?
How does he do all the work on his own?
What does Katie do to assist with the farm work?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Also, what does Andy actually do on the farm to earn a living?
Crops?
Cows?
Sheep?
How does he do all the work on his own?
What does Katie do to assist with the farm work?
he just stares into the field all day thinking about his Katie 🤢

Only a few months ago he was desperate to hire help but now he can easily do it all by himself.

he just stares into the field all day thinking about his Katie 🤢

Only a few months ago he was desperate to hire help but now he can easily do it all by himself.
And her manicure is pristine.
Clearly never mucks in.

• Haha
She'd never see anything with that stupid fringe getting in her eyes ...

Who would want to buy Debbeh...? I wish Steph would and then she'd be put well and truly in her place..She'd fit in well too..

Reactions: 3