Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In today's episode, with Dot and Pauline listening to the Queen Mother's funeral, is that the first time a scene has been inserted last minute as a reaction to real life events? They do it quite often now but I can't remember seeing it before in the classics
They had Sonia watching the queen mother on a boat and was talking about her declining health a couple episodes before todays ones but yeah, I think this was the start of them adding things like that. Hadn’t really noticed it being done before.

Reactions: 3
In today's episode, with Dot and Pauline listening to the Queen Mother's funeral, is that the first time a scene has been inserted last minute as a reaction to real life events? They do it quite often now but I can't remember seeing it before in the classics
I remember they added on a bit with Laura and Ian reading a paper discussing the football results at the beginning of an episode around 2000? Apparently they shot it that morning, which impressed me as a kid 😅

Reactions: 2
I absolutely hate when they add in real life bits.I get unnecessary rage over it.The one that pissed me off the most was when Michael Jackson died and Patrick said some inept comment to Denise I think 🤮

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It’s far from the first ‘last minute insert’ of a real life event. They started doing it in 1987. The General Election result that year was one of the first ones

Here is a list of them

https://eastenders.fandom.com/wiki/References_to_real_life_events

It’s far from the first ‘last minute insert’ of a real life event. They started doing it in 1987. The General Election result that year was one of the first ones

Here is a list of them

Interesting, thank you

They had Sonia watching the queen mother on a boat and was talking about her declining health a couple episodes before todays ones but yeah, I think this was the start of them adding things like that. Hadn’t really noticed it being done before.
Did they really, I didn't notice it.

Bit of a lackluster exit for Mel leaving on a coach with her whole life packed into one very small bag 😅

What has Phil got against Little Mo to turn on her like that? I thought her and Peggy were close.

Also, would Mel be allowed to skip bail and that would be the end of it. I didn't watch EE when she made her return years later - was it mentioned? I'm guessing not.

Reactions: 4
I do feel since they went to 4 episodes a week they tend to drag stories out for too long. I'm finding this little Mo trial quite tedious and boring, with the only light relief being Gary punching Beppe over Lynn 😂

Reactions: 6
Just watching this week's Call the Midwife and classic version Martin is in it....

Reactions: 2
There's NO WAY Sonia and Jamie splitting up for the millionth time deserved the Julia theme credit song!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.