Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with all this.Also should Phil not get in trouble for being anywhere near him.I thought Marcus said that he was not allowed near him because of a assault charge.
Yes you're right, I never thought of that. I know its 20 years old but it's really bugging me.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Me too! One of the best characters in EE history IMO. Apparently they were going to leave the door open, but Martin Kemp happened to mention he had signed a million pound deal with ITV, so the writers got all petty and decided to kill him! Cutting off their nose to spite their face there me thinks!

I've watched a few things he did with ITV on YouTube and they weren't great. He played Steve Owen in pretty much every role 🤣

Was shocked at Mel's gay slur! Was surprised that was allowed to air in 2002!
Sky hasn’t recorded the last few episodes for me 😠 Shocked at Mel! What did she say?

Steve's body was burnt to such a crisp he could only be identified by his dental records... Yet his wedding ring/ cufflinks/ tacky pearl necklace all survived 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I liked how Mark always stood up to people other people wouldn't, Nick, Phil etc, however yes, he is more annoying than I remember 😅

Reactions: 3
No way would Mel or anyone receive ashes the same day of the funereal I hate when the soaps play silly just for effect

Reactions: 8
So Beppe and Billy bought the E20....where are they to start running it?

Yes I thought that. Does Mel even know they bought the club. The money went up in flames and I dont remember there being a contract. Where has Beppe gone, he wasnt even at the funeral was he.

And also those cronies after the money Steve owed them, they wouldn't just dissappear because he's dead, would they. They would be hassling Mel to see what they could get out of his estate.

Sorry for the lack of punctuation, question marks and apostrophes etc - for some reason the page glitches when I type one 🙃

Yes I thought that. Does Mel even know they bought the club. The money went up in flames and I dont remember there being a contract. Where has Beppe gone, he wasnt even at the funeral was he.

And also those cronies after the money Steve owed them, they wouldn't just dissappear because he's dead, would they. They would be hassling Mel to see what they could get out of his estate.

Sorry for the lack of punctuation, question marks and apostrophes etc - for some reason the page glitches when I type one 🙃
Beppe went to Leicester before the funeral but Joe was ill so couldn't come back.

So many characters in EE that I used to like do my head in now I’m watching it a second time around. Plus, another thing that gets me even though I know it’s soaps is that one minute they are destitute or just about getting by; the next they can raise £ to buy a business, doesn’t make much sense.

Reactions: 7
I absolutely loathe Lisa, nothing but a whinging leech and makes one bad decision after another, Pauline has her number!

I wasn't paying full attention, where did Mel pull that black tin of Steve's dodgy dealings from? Was it hidden somewhere in the house? If so, it seems odd that they had packed everything up and had emptied the house - but somehow Steve forgot to pack such an important thing and would have left it behind.

I wasn't paying full attention, where did Mel pull that black tin of Steve's dodgy dealings from? Was it hidden somewhere in the house? If so, it seems odd that they had packed everything up and had emptied the house - but somehow Steve forgot to pack such an important thing and would have left it behind.
She got it from the loft I think

I wish Laura had some backbone and realised she's been nothing but a mother-substitute, doormat to Ian from day one. She needs some self esteem asap.

Reactions: 6
Mel got the tin from the top of the cupboard under the stairs although why she randomly waved her hands above her head there when it was a tiny ledge that you wouldn’t even notice there was random but perhaps she was searching. Sometimes it can be on but I zone out and miss little bits of it lol.

Also, I know mark was threatened by the thought of Phil getting back with Lisa but they were so adamant he couldn’t get custody they were running away to the US but now phil can so easily see her once a week? I don’t remember this storyline well, I think I probably lost interest because even now as much as I love the classic EE the mark and Lisa storyline grates on me a little.

In today's episode, with Dot and Pauline listening to the Queen Mother's funeral, is that the first time a scene has been inserted last minute as a reaction to real life events? They do it quite often now but I can't remember seeing it before in the classics

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.