Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you miss Dot & Jim’s wedding? I thought it was brilliant and a really joyful episode with all the cast involved. It even made Phil smile

The best bit for me was Jim getting ready for bed in the hotel and the lovely conversation between the newlyweds in the hotel room

You may have found those other storylines boring but that one episode made up for it
No, haven’t watched it yet, hopefully will cheer me up!

It's really poignant to see Dot and Jim's wedding in the classic episodes with the current storyline of Dot's funeral in present day EE..

Her lovely wedding suit being her burial outfit. :cry: Gawd bless 'er.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I see poor old Lynn was hastily written out to look after her sister. Elaine Lorden was given 3 months off to concentrate on her personal problems, her drinking issues were starting to interfere with her work around this time. (Just read her book btw!)

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I see poor old Lynn was hastily written out to look after her sister. Elaine Lorden was given 3 months off to concentrate on her personal problems, her drinking issues were starting to interfere with her work around this time. (Just read her book btw!)
I’ve had her book for ages and have never got round to reading it. Was it good?

Reactions: 1
Felt terrible for her reading about her past. It seems like EE was pretty much the end of her career. I’ve seen articles in recent months suggesting she’s in recovery from her alcoholism, so I wonder if they’d ever consider a return for her.

Reactions: 3
Did she have another baby in the end? I know she had a baby who died bless her 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Damn. I guess there’s still hot Irish fireman Tom who joins soon. Well I remember him as being hot but I do sometimes question my teenage self.

I’ve had her book for ages and have never got round to reading it. Was it good?
It was ok, felt there was a lot left out regarding her drinking issues (was published in 2007 and felt like she was still very much in denial). She never really admits she has a problem, but it's clear her drinking (shed get drunk in the green room/ would spend nights in her dressing room because she was too drunk to get home/ was caught drink driving ect) caused her to fall out with a lot of the big wigs in EE, there's definitely no way they'd have her back unfortunately.
Very sad with her baby and mums deaths though.

Felt terrible for her reading about her past. It seems like EE was pretty much the end of her career. I’ve seen articles in recent months suggesting she’s in recovery from her alcoholism, so I wonder if they’d ever consider a return for her.
I think there's just too much water under the bridge now unfortunately. It's a shame, as she really could have become a 'classic' character.

Did she have another baby in the end? I know she had a baby who died bless her 😞
Yes she lost the baby just after his first birthday 😢 I read somewhere she did get pregnant again around 2007? But she had a miscarriage 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So sad, watched Dot and Jim’s wedding yesterday and now watching her funeral 😥

Reactions: 2
Goodbye Steve Owen 😭 wish they'd have let him live and he and Mel fly off together but this is soapland 😬

Reactions: 4
Goodbye Steve Owen 😭 wish they'd have let him live and he and Mel fly off together but this is soapland 😬
Me too! One of the best characters in EE history IMO. Apparently they were going to leave the door open, but Martin Kemp happened to mention he had signed a million pound deal with ITV, so the writers got all petty and decided to kill him! Cutting off their nose to spite their face there me thinks!

I've watched a few things he did with ITV on YouTube and they weren't great. He played Steve Owen in pretty much every role 🤣

Was shocked at Mel's gay slur! Was surprised that was allowed to air in 2002!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Me too! One of the best characters in EE history IMO. Apparently they were going to leave the door open, but Martin Kemp happened to mention he had signed a million pound deal with ITV, so the writers got all petty and decided to kill him! Cutting off their nose to spite their face there me thinks!

I've watched a few things he did with ITV on YouTube and they weren't great. He played Steve Owen in pretty much every role 🤣

Was shocked at Mel's gay slur! Was surprised that was allowed to air in 2002!
I had to rewind it and put the subtitles on as I thought I misheard.

I’m surprised Drama didn’t edit the scene to remove it

I had to rewind it and put the subtitles on as I thought I misheard.

I’m surprised Drama didn’t edit the scene to remove it
I know! It was such an weird thing for Mel to say, didn't fit with her character at all!

How did Steve's wallet remain completely intact after the explosion? 🤣 Or did I miss something? 😅

I was sad Steve went but his character for me went downhill with his association and obsession with Mel. What redeemable qualities did she have? She just got with a man who had money and used it as a come up, no character growth. If she hadn’t of burnt down the club, he wouldn’t have had to do a ‘job’ to build it up again; yet she blames Phil for the drama solely. Then again, Steve pacified her and never told her straight how much damage she caused him but I think I would have liked his character more towards the end if he wasn’t linked to her.

Why didn't Mel tell the police Phil physically assaulted her into telling him where Steve was?? How angry he was. Then all of those people out in the market when he was screaming and shouting. Not to mention the work men they both sped past. Unless all of this is mentioned at a later date? I can't fully remember. I don't understand why she called the police but didn't tell them the full story.

Why didn't Mel tell the police Phil physically assaulted her into telling him where Steve was?? How angry he was. Then all of those people out in the market when he was screaming and shouting. Not to mention the work men they both sped past. Unless all of this is mentioned at a later date? I can't fully remember. I don't understand why she called the police but didn't tell them the full story.
I agree with all this.Also should Phil not get in trouble for being anywhere near him.I thought Marcus said that he was not allowed near him because of a assault charge.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.