Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thursday and todays episodes just fantastic
All that serious stuff and then “Oops upside your head” Phils face made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember today's episodes' original airing like it was yesterday. I was reminded just how incredible of an actress Jessie Wallace was. I felt Kat's pain when Charlie wouldn't hug or comfort her.
I'm not a fan of the Zoe character so I found it hard to have sympathy for her.
And Harry got off lightly didn't he?!
The cuts back to oops upside your head in the pub were excellent light relief.
Superb episodes.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone find the stag party scenes when they were discussing women utterly cringe? I know it was 20 years ago but felt like it was the 1970's, feels soo dated now!

Plus Gary's facial expressions when he was having a lap dance made me want to hurl.

Reactions: 4
Anyone find the stag party scenes when they were discussing women utterly cringe? I know it was 20 years ago but felt like it was the 1970's, feels soo dated now!

Plus Gary's facial expressions when he was having a lap dance made me want to hurl.
I agree, I love classic EE, but sometimes it feels like it's written by horny teenage boys.
The recent episodes with Asif and Martin, so there's an intelligent university student who has to do sex work to fund her uni degree, but also likes having ones night stands with brace-faced teens?! 😒

Watching with older eyes it's also kind of unbelievable someone like 25 year old Natalie would fancy 40 year old Barry 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s Gary Hobbs for me thinking he’s fit and desirable to all women.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s Gary Hobbs for me thinking he’s fit and desirable to all women.
Am I imagining things or did lots of women used to fancy Gary? I remember pics of him in some TV magazine in his mechanic unicorn.:sick: I’d rather shag Minty to be honest.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Is uncle Harry biologically Charlie's brother?! Surely a case of incest that close in a family would cause all sorts of health issues/ deformity? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
Zoe was a nasty spoilt horror! Maybe that was the deformity? Sorry I have always hated that character! The way she chased after Jamie and expected to be centre of attention all the time

Poor Charlie didn't deserve that tirade from Peggy he is such a gent. She could be a real nasty piece of work when she wanted to be.

Wondering today if they cut the iron scene out between Little Mo & Trevor? I remember being horrified at the time.

Not remotely interested in boring Robbie & Sonia!

Laura's landlord is a creep I think. Also Janine all over Billy like a rash eww - such a messed up character.

OK I'm way too invested in classic EE - it's an escape from politics at least 😅

Last edited:
Wondering today if they cut the iron scene out between Little Mo & Trevor? I remember being horrified at the time.

Not remotely interested in boring Robbie & Sonia!

Laura's landlord is a creep I think. Also Janine all over Billy like a rask eww - isn't she still a teenager?
Was the iron scene on Christmas day? I vaguely remember there being carols on the TV in the background?!

Lots of the stories feel v boring at the mo, Beppe really been demoted to a c list character 🤣 the sooner he bonks Lynn the better!
Yeah pretty sure Janine is 18 and Billy is like what 40ish?! 🤢 EE sure love their age gap teen girl relationships (we've also got 18 years old Zoe and the Doc to look forward to 🙄)

There is another notorious Xmas day scene between them involving a roast dinner but pretty sure he burnt her with that iron ☹

I don't know why Beppe didn't slink off with the rest of the Di Marcos at the time he is just a spare part I don't even remember the Lynn storyline!

Oh god Mother/daughter love triangle what a hot mess that was.

Agree there is a lot of filler storylines atm. It is interesting watching it through an older lens, I used to love Jamie now I cannot stand him.

Was the iron scene on Christmas day? I vaguely remember there being carols on the TV in the background?!

Lots of the stories feel v boring at the mo, Beppe really been demoted to a c list character 🤣 the sooner he bonks Lynn the better!
Yeah pretty sure Janine is 18 and Billy is like what 40ish?! 🤢 EE sure love their age gap teen girl relationships (we've also got 18 years old Zoe and the Doc to look forward to 🙄)

Reactions: 1

The iron scene is NYE 2001

Reactions: 3
I just looked on YouTube. The scene where Trevor burns mo with the iron was 29th October 2001 and the one where she hits him with the iron is nye 2001

I just looked on YouTube. The scene where Trevor burns mo with the iron was 29th October 2001 and the one where she hits him with the iron is nye 2001
That must be coming soon then. I think we are currently in October 2001 now

I notice there has been a few scenes with Mo ironing lately - obviously hinting at what's to come. Monday or Tuesday's episodes I'd guess.

And then I'm absolutely dreading what happens on Christmas day.

• Sad
The you’re not my muvvaaaa stuff was superb, especially Jessie Wallace. I always liked Charlie too. Is Zoe missing the storyline when she’s pimped out and Kat headbutts the pimp? 😂

Trevor is such a good villain but absolutely vile.

Reactions: 2
The you’re not my muvvaaaa stuff was superb, especially Jessie Wallace. I always liked Charlie too. Is Zoe missing the storyline when she’s pimped out and Kat headbutts the pimp? 😂

Trevor is such a good villain but absolutely vile.
Yeah Alex Ferns is a good actor, however I think EE missed a trick with the story, I think it would have been way more effective if everyone loved Trevor and he seemed really friendly on the outside, so the abuse would be more shocking and unexpected.

Yeah Alex Ferns is a good actor, however I think EE missed a trick with the story, I think it would have been way more effective if everyone loved Trevor and he seemed really friendly on the outside, so the abuse would be more shocking and unexpected.
That’s true! It was weird watching it again seeing all the Slaters knew what was going on (well some of it, not the absolute worst stuff). I suppose they did the everyone loves him thing with Grey later but that turned very panto, and I found Trevor much more sinister!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.