Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s what leads to her giving up the vic? Like she had enough of it completely if I remember rightly but it’s been a long time so my memory is hazy.
@Sprezza actually I just had a flashback and I think Peggy went through frank’s papers or got debt letters due to frank? And that’s why she sold the vic so I think that’s why she’s acting out and that’s how Sharon ends up getting it (unknowingly) can anyone tell me if my memory is correct? I think I was only 14 when it aired originally so I don’t know if I watched it religiously or not back then.

Reactions: 1
The first time round, yeah she sold it because she was in so much debt due to Frank. Sharon buys it but eventually the Mitchells buy it back. Second time it’s because of the fire and the storylines around that.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to own the Vic. Whoever owns it seems to end up in deep financial trouble and has endless drama.

Reactions: 2
The first time round, yeah she sold it because she was in so much debt due to Frank. Sharon buys it but eventually the Mitchells buy it back. Second time it’s because of the fire and the storylines around that.

I can’t imagine why anyone would want to own the Vic. Whoever owns it seems to end up in deep financial trouble and has endless drama.
But considering the entire Square spends half their days there, it's absurd that whoever owns it can't make an absolute fortune from owning it.

Same with whoever owns the cafe, should be rolling in it constantly because why the hell are the all getting tea from the cafe when they literally live 10 seconds away from the cafe.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
But considering the entire Square spends half their days there, it's absurd that whoever owns it can't make an absolute fortune from owning it.

Same with whoever owns the cafe, should be rolling in it constantly because why the hell are the all getting tea from the cafe when they literally live 10 seconds away from the cafe.
I presume you meant to say ‘when they literally live 10 seconds away from home’ We don’t know where some of the market traders live like Winston and the others

Also is the night cafe still a thing or has that finished now?

I presume you meant to say ‘when they literally live 10 seconds away from home’ We don’t know where some of the market traders live like Winston and the others

Also is the night cafe still a thing or has that finished now?
No, because nobody lives 10 seconds away from home, because that isn't home then.

I was reading this which gives a list of some possible storylines that were considered between 1998 - 2000 which ended up never happening

The Beast Of Walford sounds hilarious

Of course No5 did eventually happen in 2022

Last edited:

I totally get what you mean.Mark lives round the corner so does his mum and he’s always in the cafe buying bleeping tea in the cafe.Go home and make one.I thought the same for Peggy,Terry and Irene in the shop.I’m sure they have a kettle.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I totally get what you mean.Mark lives round the corner so does his mum and he’s always in the cafe buying bleeping tea in the cafe.Go home and make one.I thought the same for Peggy,Terry and Irene in the shop.I’m sure they have a kettle.
The old school prices are shocking! It's like 70pence for a cuppa, and a couple of quid for a pint!

Nice to see Paul Truman arrive, I don’t remember it being this early in the 00’s though. Used to fancy him bad 🥰😂

Reactions: 4
I felt sorry for Peggy, but then remembered that she has spent her time lately sitting at the bar and bossing everyone else around!

Reactions: 4
Peggy is clearly having a hoe phase.A few weeks ago she was kissing Roy.Dinner with Charlie now happily moving onto Uncle Harry.Roy should’ve told Barry to duck off when asking for money does he not remember how he ballsed things up with Vanessa and Manorwood.140 K gone!Barry can duck right off!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I agree Barry is so much more annoying watching is older. Realising he’s in his late 30’s at this point even going with way younger women and then relying on Roy to bail him out everytime. Then he acts like he’s above people when if it weren’t for Roy, he wouldn’t have had anything to fall back on. I don’t know if his character was meant to be comedic value but he’s just an overgrown baby!

Then again Roy isn’t any better, when he chose not to be with pat he brought Barry into the business and once he wanted her back; if you don’t agree with him, he’s happy to cut anyone off even his own son!

To be fair to him I would have cut Barry off a long time ago but not because I got back with my cheating wife and he disapproved 😂

Yeah they've made Barry into a right unlikable dum dum lately 🤣
I liked him during the millennium weddings, he was kind of nice but dim, now his character literally has no redeemable qualities!

We were commenting last night how the guy who played Harry Slater didn't look very well, turns out he died only 18 months later of a heart attack 😢

We were commenting last night how the guy who played Harry Slater didn't look very well, turns out he died only 18 months later of a heart attack 😢
Michael Elphick. I remember him from a TV show called Boon in the 80s with Neil Morrissey

He was an alcoholic, he had put on a lot of weight when he was on Eastenders. He was only in his mid-50s when he died but he looks so much older. Barbara asked at some point not to have any kissing scenes with him as he stunk of booze. Others complained about his drinking as well

He was meant to be in Eastenders longer but they cut his contract short because of his conduct e.g. turning up late and turning up drunk

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.