Classic Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely loved the Spain episodes. A nice break away from the gloom of the East End - although the sun has clearly gone to all of their heads :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4
THE SLATERS ARE COMING!

A bit of light relief knowing they're all on their way, and although I'm really enjoying the Ethel storyline, it's taking it out of Dot and it definitely tugs on the heart strings.

Reactions: 5
I started recording the episodes for my brother last year as he is a big eastenders fan. He's older and disabled and obsessed with the past episodes. I usually watch most of the episodes and the current eastenders is so bad compared with the past. The old episodes i dont remember as i was born in the nineties but watching them now they are brilliant in comparison. The new ones just dont have the iconic characters or storylines which made the old ones so good.

Reactions: 7
Watching Frank pursue Pat, through 2022 eyes, it seems kinda predatory and sinister. I don't remember thinking that the first time around.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Watching Frank pursue Pat, through 2022 eyes, it seems kinda predatory and sinister. I don't remember thinking that the first time around.
Especially as he keeps ensuring that other occupants of her home are out of the way so he can make sure she’s home alone and he can try and seduce her: first by sending Roy away to the car lot in Manchester and then getting Barry to take Natalie out to the theatre along with an overnight stay

Reactions: 6
Especially as he keeps ensuring that other occupants of her home are out of the way so he can make sure she’s home alone and he can try and seduce her: first by sending Roy away to the car lot in Manchester and then getting Barry to take Natalie out to the theatre along with an overnight stay
Yeah, creepy. I don't remember if it was supposed to come across like that, or if it was supposed to be a "when a man loves a woman ..." kind of vibe and perhaps it was supposed to be seen as romantic.

Also, I don't remember back in the 2000s thinking big Mo was a bad actress, but I'm finding her lines are stilted and I can see her waiting for her lines too.

• Haha
I agree about Frank..I can't remember him coming across so desperate and persistent!

Reactions: 1
Laura is very annoying
How many times is she going to get her wires crossed and think she’s going out to a function with Ian and get all dressed up only to turn out he’s taking someone else?

Ian treats her like tit

• Haha
I’m actually loving Frank second time around.The bow tie scene was one I’ve remembered from my childhood hilarious and gross at the same time.The Slaters we’re clearly pushed to be a success there in every other scene.The Zoe one can’t act.Her and Sandra are just awful.

Reactions: 3
There’s the bow tie scene then 😂😂 agree I don’t remember Frank being so calculated with perusing Pat.

Interesting to watch the Slaters in hindsight now we know about Kat and Zoe, you’re not my muvvaaaa came as such a shock at the time, no spoilers back then 😂

I just watched the episode where the Slaters are I introduced and am in awe of myself at how much I remember from when it was first shown! Am I right that it was 2000/2001 or thereabouts? If so I was 11/12, and I feel like I'd only watched it a few months ago. It's funny how much more memorable certain characters and episode arcs were than now. Even mundane things like Gary chatting up anything that moves and Lynne having to drag him from the Vic, I don't understand why I remember all this 😂

• Haha
I just watched the episode where the Slaters are I introduced and am in awe of myself at how much I remember from when it was first shown! Am I right that it was 2000/2001 or thereabouts? If so I was 11/12, and I feel like I'd only watched it a few months ago. It's funny how much more memorable certain characters and episode arcs were than now. Even mundane things like Gary chatting up anything that moves and Lynne having to drag him from the Vic, I don't understand why I remember all this 😂
18th September 2000. That’s when all the girls are seen for the first time. Charlie made his debut a couple of weeks earlier

Reactions: 2
Sandra and then Beppe played their song There’s Nothing Like This by Omar in today’s episode

Omar is joining modern Eastenders as Mitch’s brother

• Haha
The classic Eastenders are so much better than the drivel we've been subjected to over the last few years.

The Slaters were brilliant. Big Mo looks so well!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.