Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I sometimes watch the odd episode on youtube from the 1970s, just to see what life was like back then. Makes me feel nostalgic for a time period I wasn't even alive in

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They're as bad as each other, first Kevin and Natalie, then Sally and Gregg, also Sally was moaning there's only 2 bedrooms in Natalie's house, isn't that the same in her old house?
I'm surprised that there's only two bedrooms in Natalie's house. ( I remember that comment). Her house is one of the newer, more expensive ones on the street. The Platts live in the same type of house. In current Coronation Street they have the "annexe" too, but that only makes three bedrooms for Gail, David & Shona, Max and Lily. They've often had Sarah and Harry there too.

Reactions: 5
I'm surprised that there's only two bedrooms in Natalie's house. ( I remember that comment). Her house is one of the newer, more expensive ones on the street. The Platts live in the same type of house. In current Coronation Street they have the "annexe" too, but that only makes three bedrooms for Gail, David & Shona, Max and Lily. They've often had Sarah and Harry there too.
That's one thing that makes me laugh in most soaps, soo many people all living in one house!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
[Q
That's one thing that makes me laugh in most soaps, soo many people all living in one house!!
I remember Eileen's house being nicknamed The Tardis as there were lots of people staying there, same as the Barlows.

• Haha
I forgot how messy Sally and Kevin’s divorce was. It’s really well written because it’s just how couples who are fighting over custody of kids would go at each other. Sally is really unlikable. Now they’ve turned her into a comedy character!!
I don’t have much sympathy for Double Denim Kev but Sal’s bang out of order with her reaction to Alison - unless of course she’s psychic, then she would be right to be worried 😳

ETA - I’m not sure I’d ever rent a house from the woman who broke up my marriage tbh. Were there no houses ok Rosamund Street or Inkerman Street? Near to the gerrrrls school?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t have much sympathy for Double Denim Kev but Sal’s bang out of order with her reaction to Alison - unless of course she’s psychic, then she would be right to be worried 😳

ETA - I’m not sure I’d ever rent a house from the woman who broke up my marriage tbh. Were there no houses ok Rosamund Street or Inkerman Street? Near to the gerrrrls school?
They are not allowed to leave Coronation Street! 😂

• Haha
You will all love Bill Podmores's book, it's an easy read, full of goss, and he doesn't hold back. Let me know what you think when it arrives and you read it!
My book arrived today - supposed to be next week so that was quick service. Book in very good condition. Going out for the rest of the day so will start it tomorrow.

I was just reading the Corrie thread, Gail (the actress) is 70 and Audrey (the actress) is 77!! I never knew that!

• Wow
I was just reading the Corrie thread, Gail (the actress) is 70 and Audrey (the actress) is 77!! I never knew that!
I did but years ago - wish I looked more like Gail than Audrey and I am in the middle of them. When Audrey was Maryln Gates in Crossroads she was beautiful but it happens to us all. I look like my mother and grandmother with a really wrinkled face skin but my 2 sisters look like our father with no wrinkles - but I have better hair. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I did but years ago - wish I looked more like Gail than Audrey and I am in the middle of them. When Audrey was Maryln Gates in Crossroads she was beautiful but it happens to us all. I look like my mother and grandmother with a really wrinkled face skin but my 2 sisters look like our father with no wrinkles - but I have better hair. 🤣
I didn't know Audrey was in crossroads, I'll have to go Google!

Reactions: 2
I really like Martin Platt on his high horse today he seemed to genuinely like the old man.Audrey and Gail both acted as though he had punched Audrey in the face.He wasn’t that rude to her tbh just a bit moody.And Natalie’s a total slag with no morals.

• Heart
I really like Martin Platt on his high horse today he seemed to genuinely like the old man.Audrey and Gail both acted as though he had punched Audrey in the face.He wasn’t that rude to her tbh just a bit moody.And Natalie’s a total hag with no morals.
It was sweet the way he got the home sorted out…but everyone around him dies just now.

I know it’s a programme and everyone grieves differently but come on Natalie, Des has been sitting on the big park bench in the sky for 5 minutes and it’s like you’ve forgotten he existed!

• Haha
[Q

I remember Eileen's house being nicknamed The Tardis as there were lots of people staying there, same as the Barlows.
The term 'Tardis' could quite easily be applied to Underworld in today's Corrie.

Here we see, in 1999, a fairly small knicker factory with barely enough room to swing a cat.

By 2021, it has somehow (at least) quadrupled in size and gained an upper level.

Although the outside has remained exactly the same.

Was there ever any explanation on screen for this change?

The term 'Tardis' could quite easily be applied to Underworld in today's Corrie.

Here we see, in 1999, a fairly small knicker factory with barely enough room to swing a cat.

By 2021, it has somehow (at least) quadrupled in size and gained an upper level.

It's as big a mystery as how Sarah suddenly became a high powered business woman

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I thought it was funny how they were all crammed in round the machines discussing having a valentines do. In the current Corrie they have a break out room that’s bigger than my living room and Sarah’s office is massive. And it’s decorated like a branch of Ted Baker. How they make any money from stitching knickers would surprise me !

• Haha

"Oooh, Sally! I'll be back to get you fairly soon."

Fred Feast was still alive when Eunice was brought back. I wonder if they ever bothered to approach him about returning, or passed on that opportunity due to his previous antics...

I read that Fred Feast didn't have his contract renewed in 1984 as he has taken unauthorised time off a few times, disrupting filming. He was also supposed to be off sick on one occasion, but was seen at a football match.
Apprantly he was not the easiest person to work with. Bill Podmore devoted an entire chapter to him, in his memoir entitled Coronation Street the inside story. It is a really good read.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.