Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Rita confronted Natalie in the back of the Rovers, the episode ended abruptly after Rita said ‘by ‘eck lady…’, I felt there was more to come….
There always is when Rita uses the word "Lady" - Sharon, Natalie, Sally and Jenny have all had the backlash from that one word.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
When Rita confronted Natalie in the back of the Rovers, the episode ended abruptly after Rita said ‘by ‘eck lady…’, I felt there was more to come….
She said: “By hell lady, I’ve met some hard face witches in my time but you take the bloody gold medal.” ITV3 cut that line out (I presume for the word “witches”) which is a shame as it’s a great line.

Here’s the original clip

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What a brilliant show tonight - Coronation Street Icons - Norris Cole. I have forgotten how good he was, not just the moaning man Norris at the Cabin but some really good comedy moments. Will watch it again tomorrow it was so good.

Reactions: 6
The wedding storyline never did ring true with me, how is it possible that Natalie didn't know Ian was Sharon's fiancee? Surely they would have been seen together in the Street or elsewhere?
Great to see Curly back though.

Reactions: 3
What a brilliant show tonight - Coronation Street Icons - Norris Cole. I have forgotten how good he was, not just the moaning man Norris at the Cabin but some really good comedy moments. Will watch it again tomorrow it was so good.
Good to see Thelma Barlow (Mavis).

Reactions: 4
Looking forward to Noris’s comedy reign, coming soon. After watching the Icon programme I’d forgotten what a brilliant character he was!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Robert Preston of 1999

Who was the imposter supposedly being Robert Preston (Tristan Gemill), seen a couple of years ago 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Teenage Tyrone and his daft mate. Plotting how to get Toyah to be his girlfriend and how to replace Curleys TV. So funny!

• Haha
Martins meant to be 31 and Gail 41 at this point? Jesus!
Can you tell me what happened in the last 5 mins please - my son rang my land line and I had to go into the kitchen to answer it and missed it. Curly and Spider were talking to Tyrone and Jacky came in and I missed the rest. Did they get her out? I have catch up but will have to go through the ads etc to find out. Thanks.

Can you tell me what happened in the last 5 mins please - my son rang my land line and I had to go into the kitchen to answer it and missed it. Curly and Spider were talking to Tyrone and Jacky came in and I missed the rest. Did they get her out? I have catch up but will have to go through the ads etc to find out. Thanks.
im just on the second episode now; so I’ll let you know as soon as I’ve watched it x

She came in and it was a stand off. No one left, no one did anything. Jackie thought when Tyrone said they had visitors it was the police, she called Spider pasty gob as he was eating a vegetarian pasty. Hopefully tomorrow will be less dull!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Robert Preston of 1999

Who was the imposter supposedly being Robert Preston (Tristan Gemill), seen a couple of years ago 🤣
He’s currently in Classic Casualty, Tristan Gemmil. And so is Toyah Battersby and Dennis Stringer who was Eileen’s partner (I think…?)

Let's just say that Greg 'Frank Spencer' Kelly will be back again soon, for a short period.

• Haha
I have always found Martin Platt to be an unsympathetic, arrrogant character. He treated Gail really badly, he pressurised her into going ahead with her pregnancy with David. He also pressurised her into buying the new house on Coronation Street. He disbelieved some of the things, Gail was concerned about earlier in their relationship.
It's funny how these issues were never addressed, or maybe they were, I stopped watching Corrie in the 2000's for a number of years.
You can understand how David became the person he is, with a role model like Martin!

• Wow
Thank god Jackie has gone, a dreadful character!
How awful was Audrey sacking Maxine, that was a low blow, she really can be a heatless cow sometimes!
Martin gets on my nerves. the constant eye rolling and tutting he does!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.