Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is a place for discussing the classic episodes of Coronation Street. One of the most gripping storylines in the show's history is currently being shown - Jon Lindsay and Deirdre Rachid. I missed it when it was originally shown. It is really well written, and totally compelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is a place for discussing the classic episodes of Coronation Street. One of the most gripping storylines in the show's history is currently being shown - Jon Lindsay and Deirdre Rachid. I missed it when it was originally shown. It is really well written, and totally compelling.
Ooh thanks for doing this thread! I’m loving classic Corrie right now, it’s better than the current one. I remember watching the Deirdre/Jon storyline when is was on and I’m loving it as much this time around, he was a bugger 😂. Love it x

Reactions: 9
Yay! I prefer Classic to Modern too, I record it every a day and catch up on an evening. I was 15/16 when the current episodes were first shown and I remember them well. Loving the Dierdre SL!

Hooray a classic corrie thread , I just need to catch up, Percy has just announced he is leaving where I've got to 😪

Reactions: 4
I find it sad that you can see how unwell the actor who plays Alf is..since he came back from a break, he is a shadow of his former self..

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I find it sad that you can see how unwell the actor who plays Alf is..since he came back from a break, he is a shadow of his former self..
I thought this too, he's very gaunt and has a pale/yellowish complexion in current episodes. Poor guy. Just looks so poorly.

Love how Audrey and Gail have barely changed though.

I am absolutely loving these episodes currently :love:

Reactions: 7
Les is an absolute horror

Ashley is far too nice for Corrie

Last edited:
  • Haha
Glad there’s a thread for this, I’ve been watching CC for a few months now and it is miles better than current corrie

Reactions: 5
He did one of my favourite scenes ever, I didnt remember it from first time, but watching CC I saw one of the best things ever.
It was the scene where Audrey drags Alf to the club , with Mike and who he was with I think , but the best part was Alf being fed up in one scene , and then at the end of the night he is on the dance floor, his hair is floppy and he is dancing with two women 😄😄

I loved it, cheers me up whenever I think of it

Sad to see him towards the end of his time on corrie 😪
fantastic character, one of my all time favourites

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks for setting up this page especially as we are in the midst of one of Corrie’s most iconic and memorable storylines

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He did one of my favourite scenes ever, I didnt remember it from first time, but watching CC I saw one of the best things ever.
It was the scene where Audrey drags Alf to the club , with Mike and who he was with I think , but the best part was Alf being fed up in one scene , and then at the end of the night he is on the dance floor, his hair is floppy and he is dancing with two women 😄😄

I have a gif of that, but cant seem to post it here!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

When I watched these episodes as a kid I thought Alf was boring but it's only when I watch them again through adult eyes I realised what a brilliantly natural actor he was. In fact, a lot of the characters I disliked them, I like now, such as Liz, Mike and Gail. And ones I liked, like Fiona, Steve and Vera i can't bear!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When I watched these episodes as a kid I thought Alf was boring but it's only when I watch them again through adult eyes I realised what a brilliantly natural actor he was. In fact, a lot of the characters I disliked them, I like now, such as Liz, Mike and Gail. And ones I liked, like Fiona, Steve and Vera i can't bear!
yes exactly the same, Percy used to annoy me, but watching now i'm older i can see the fact he was meant to be the character who would annoy people, now made me laugh a lot, he always would have a line before he left the pub that would leave the person banging their heads against a brick wall :D

The main one though was Bet , when i was younger i just did not like her at all, watching it back i'm so glad to see the pure class behind Julie Goodyears portrayal of her, just the heartbeat of the Rovers, the way she would tell Jack off , but then go into a serious scene with someone in the bar was a treat , Alec being back is excellent, but nothing will ever match those two behind the bar, it didnt bother me when she left the first time , i was absolutely gutted in CC time

PMSL :D its his hair and cheeky smile , he always liked it slicked back and neat the fact it was a bit floppy summed up everything, he is pissed and he doesnt care and he is having a dance :D

Audrey looked annoyed at him, yet she was trying to get him to dance,poor Alf could never win

• Heart
Reactions: 8
yes exactly the same, Percy used to annoy me, but watching now i'm older i can see the fact he was meant to be the character who would annoy people, now made me laugh a lot, he always would have a line before he left the pub that would leave the person banging their heads against a brick wall :D

The main one though was Bet , when i was younger i just did not like her at all, watching it back i'm so glad to see the pure class behind Julie Goodyears portrayal of her, just the heartbeat of the Rovers, the way she would tell Jack off , but then go into a serious scene with someone in the bar was a treat , Alec being back is excellent, but nothing will ever match those two behind the bar, it didnt bother me when she left the first time , i was absolutely gutted in CC time

PMSL :D its his hair and cheeky smile , he always liked it slicked back and neat the fact it was a bit floppy summed up everything, he is pissed and he doesnt care and he is having a dance :D

Audrey looked annoyed at him, yet she was trying to get him to dance,poor Alf could never win
Alec must be one of my all time favourites... Again, another I didn't "get" at the time. I love his conniving, scheming ways and how he almost never gets away with it!

• Heart
  • Haha
I'm so enjoying classic Corrie! I'd only have been little when the current episodes were being shown.

The storylines are great and the acting is of such a higher standard compared to today's Corrie. Poor Deirdre's wobby lip as she was being read the charges! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.