Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I picked up the 60th anniversary book in a charity shop for £2.
A wealth of info on all the past residents, and the houses and who lived where.
I just dip into it now and again.

I have done the Corrie tour in Manchester twice now.
The problem i find with these anniversary books is that they have pretty much the same info (about the years I care about) from anniversary to anniversary, obviously padded out a bit more to cover the newer years.

Also with the excellent Corriepedia site online, there is little need to purchase these books nowadays.

I've dwindling interest in the 00's and next to no interest in Corrie, in the 10's and 20's - when I feel the show went seriously downhill.

I've got the 40th anniversary book and it pretty much has done me for the already seen Classic Corrie years (1986-).

I've also got this book somewhere:

Both are somewhat old now. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Tbf Corrie does have some specials too, though not as many as Emmerdale!!

Reactions: 3
The Road to Coronation Street is good if you did not see it on TV. Jessie Wallace was brilliant in it as Elsie Tanner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Norris Cole will be back in Classic Corrie towards the end of 1999.

An utterly stupid decision to axe him in the first place. Not one of Brian Park's better ideas.

Reactions: 6
I forgot how messy Sally and Kevin’s divorce was. It’s really well written because it’s just how couples who are fighting over custody of kids would go at each other. Sally is really unlikable. Now they’ve turned her into a comedy character!!

Reactions: 9
She was Rose in 'Keeping Up Appearances' too.
She's had a couple of encounters with Jack and Vera over the years in Corrie.

The owner of the video dating agency in 1983, whereby Jack donned his Vince Sinclair persona and unwittingly met Vera in the Rovers.

More recently as the B&B owner in Blackpool, when Jack and Vera went to see Tommy at the Horton's.

Loving Ralf Little working in the care home with Martin.🥰
Make the most of it.

Had a look yesterday, he only appears in three episodes total, of which we have already seen two.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Back to normal today, 2 episodes!!
And normal on bank holiday Monday!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
I forgot how messy Sally and Kevin’s divorce was. It’s really well written because it’s just how couples who are fighting over custody of kids would go at each other. Sally is really unlikable. Now they’ve turned her into a comedy character!!
If I was Kevin I'd play the Greg Kelly card to the max.

Reactions: 4
If I was Kevin I'd play the Greg Kelly card to the max.
They're as bad as each other, first Kevin and Natalie, then Sally and Gregg, also Sally was moaning there's only 2 bedrooms in Natalie's house, isn't that the same in her old house?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.