Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack was around briefly when Eunice was last in Corrie (1981/82), although they didn't appear in the same episodes.

Hence why Eunice doesn't appear to know Jack.

The established story had Eunice seek a divorce from Fred Gee on 1983, so the story (in 1999) of them still being together until Fred's recent death, is a retcon.

Blanche already over staying her welcome with Deirdre..

Although Deirdre will have another ten years of Blanche under her feet.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Jack was around briefly when Eunice was last in Corrie (1981/82), although they didn't appear in the same episodes.

Hence why Eunice doesn't appear to know Jack.

The established story had Eunice seek a divorce from Fred Gee on 1983, so the story (in 1999) of them still being together until Fred's recent death, is a retcon.

Eunice said to Gail in the cafe that she and Fred had split up ages ago but it still knocked her for six when he died

Reactions: 1

"Oooh, Sally! I'll be back to get you fairly soon."

Eunice said to Gail in the cafe that she and Fred had split up ages ago but it still knocked her for six when he died
Fred Feast was still alive when Eunice was brought back. I wonder if they ever bothered to approach him about returning, or passed on that opportunity due to his previous antics...

I read that Fred Feast didn't have his contract renewed in 1984 as he has taken unauthorised time off a few times, disrupting filming. He was also supposed to be off sick on one occasion, but was seen at a football match.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Fred ( in real life I mean ) was a horrible person and cast and crew alike couldn't stand him. I read this in a fabulous tell- all book years ago - I wish I'd kept it - by one of the producers that dished all the dirt

Reactions: 5
Fred ( in real life I mean ) was a horrible person and cast and crew alike couldn't stand him. I read this in a fabulous tell- all book years ago - I wish I'd kept it - by one of the producers that dished all the dirt
Do you remember the title? Looked on book sites but they all seem to be about the show and not the actors..

Reactions: 3
Thank you,yes it is! @rivermonster this is the one. Did you read it yourself, Ingress, and if so what did you think? I loved it and am sorry not to have kept it
Thank you both - will try and see if I can find it somewhere.

Found it on Amazon for £2.06 plus postage.

Thank you,yes it is! @rivermonster this is the one. Did you read it yourself, Ingress, and if so what did you think? I loved it and am sorry not to have kept it
I got it from Abe books for 79p + post - thanks again.

Last edited:
Ooh that sounds interesting, you'll have to tell us all the juicy bits!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does Eunice have an affair/fling with Jack? And is she really minted like Vera thinks?

Reactions: 1
You will all love Bill Podmores's book, it's an easy read, full of goss, and he doesn't hold back. Let me know what you think when it arrives and you read it!

I have just brought that book too, thanks for the recommendation!

I have 'The Coronation Street story' by Darran Little, that's good..

Reactions: 2
I picked up the 60th anniversary book in a charity shop for £2.
A wealth of info on all the past residents, and the houses and who lived where.
I just dip into it now and again.

I have done the Corrie tour in Manchester twice now.

• Heart
I picked up the 60th anniversary book in a charity shop for £2.
A wealth of info on all the past residents, and the houses and who lived where.
I just dip into it now and again.

I have done the Corrie tour in Manchester twice now.
I have that one which I also got from a charity shop :) I wonder if all the orders for the Corrie book go to same person at Abe books and she is thinking - why are all these people buying this Corrie book 🤣
I have not done the Corrie tour but when Emmerdale was filmed in the proper village of Esholt we lived about 35 miles away and used to take friends there and they loved to go into the "Woolpack" for a drink and also used to do Goatland for the "Heartbeat" experience. Holmfirth was also nearby for Last of the Summer Wine day out.

Reactions: 4
The knowledge the contributors to this thread have just blows my mind, I love it!
It is because we/I am old and can remember some of the stuff that went off. There is also a corrie wiki on line which you can check - will give you a link when I have a look. ..... This is a great history of Corrie. It does take some reading but I look up loads of things on there, it is a brilliant

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.