Classic Coronation Street

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apprantly he was not the easiest person to work with. Bill Podmore devoted an entire chapter to him, in his memoir entitled Coronation Street the inside story. It is a really good read.
Slightly off topic, but Michael Crawford gives me the absolute creeps 😬

Reactions: 5
Slightly off topic, but Michael Crawford gives me the absolute creeps 😬
He is certainly a bit of an oddball as his character Frank Spencer. I really dislike Some Mothers do ave em', too much like Mr Bean - which was possibley inspired by the former. Slapstick does nothing for me.

Reactions: 7
The term 'Tardis' could quite easily be applied to Underworld in today's Corrie.

Here we see, in 1999, a fairly small knicker factory with barely enough room to swing a cat.

By 2021, it has somehow (at least) quadrupled in size and gained an upper level.

Although the outside has remained exactly the same.

Was there ever any explanation on screen for this change?
Didn’t the factory get done up after Carla’s husband burnt it down?Tony I think.It’s been pretty huge ever since.Doubled in size when they moved out of Yasmeens community centre too.

Reactions: 1
Natalie and maxine should open up a brothel, they'd make a fortune :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Look who arrives towards the end of 1999.

Andy Whyment appears in October 1999 as a youth purchasing fireworks. A year before he became Birk Sunderland.

Steve and Kev both gain beards by the end of the year.

😆

• Haha
Look who arrives towards the end of 1999.

Andy Whyment appears in October 1999 as a youth purchasing fireworks. A year before he became Birk Sunderland.

Steve and Kev both gain beards by the end of the year.

😆
Dev’s arrival, now that’s something to look forward to! It’ll be like having Anthony Hopkins in our midst 😂

• Haha
Les, I got 2 jobs, Toyah replies, yeah shovelling muck all day then playing it at night!!
I was never a fan of Toyah when she first appeared, but really like her now!!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
A bit of trivia.

That scene of Les and Jack driving in the stolen vehicle was filmed a very short distance from where the 'new' Corrie set is.

Some 14 years prior to when the studios and outdoor set moved to that location.

Trafford Wharf Rd https://maps.app.goo.gl/Xh9VKYFpF5zo59Jo9

Screenshot_20210909-173827_Maps.png

(Apologies for the crude arrow highlighting the Corrie studios)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
When Rita confronted Natalie in the back of the Rovers, the episode ended abruptly after Rita said ‘by ‘eck lady…’, I felt there was more to come….

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.