Classic Coronation Street #5 Just have a little patience cropper!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, a cameo appearance by big Jim McDonald at Xmas, so it is!

😆

(Reappears for two episodes in 2005)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
dunno if it was just my birthday hangover, but I actually had a bit of a lump in my throat at karen getting in the taxi and the sad version of the theme music 😭

Reactions: 7
I really liked Steve and Karen together, think she was the love of his life. I think they could have found a more believable way for her to leave because I don't believe Steve would have sent her packing like that

Reactions: 5
What are we on now, Christmas 2004? Karen was absolutely gorgeous. The fact that she drank pints and lit her own farts didn't subtract from her beauty. Steve really had the pick of the birds in the 2000s, despite having what looked like a Eurasian beaver on his head. I think the writers of Corrie missed a trick by not bringing Karen back, and having some kind of wrestling match with the lovely Ronnie Clayton for Steve's affections.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The Royle Family on the TV at Danny Baldwin's.

Teardrop Explodes

Culture Club

Kylie Minogue

...And Amazulu heard in the Rovers during the New Years Eve party.

---
Adam Barlow has had a head transplant!

Weatherfield General must be a world leader on such operations. 😆😆

Deirdre taking about Ray Langton...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Goodbye 2004. Happy New Year

I noticed when they were singing Auld Lang Syne that Sophie didn’t know the words and I read her lips and she sang Old Man’s Sign

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
It’s interesting that the first girl who catches his eye is Sarah considering what’s happened between them in modern Corrie. I don’t remember them ever being involved with each other before recent years
I don’t remember Adam being back this soon. I thought he came back around 2007 tbh

Reactions: 1
I've loved this week's episodes, it was so much better 20 years ago. I'm having to fast forward the scenes with Charlie and Shelley and Martin and Katie because 🤮. It's so obvious how young she is but at the speed we go through episodes it should all be over and done with in a couple of months.

The snow for the wedding and scenes after, this might sound stupid but would that have been filmed during real snow? It looked (to me) more realistic than fake snow they use in modern TV.

I'm so happy Karen is gone, who is Steve's next wife?

Reactions: 2
What did Chesney call Ritas group when he came out from under the table and then told them they wanted their legs slapped. I have rewound but still can't understand what he said and I am a Northener. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
What did Chesney call Ritas group when he came out from under the table and then told them they wanted their legs slapped. I have rewound but still can't understand what he said and I am a Northener. :LOL:
“Call yourself adults, you want your legs slapping”

• Haha
Reactions: 5
chesney and sophie under the table was amazing! 🤌

"get off me woman!"

and there ended her interest in boys! 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just catching up now with this weeks eps. Tracy & Karen on the roof is epic Corrie. It really is shining a light on how bad modern Corrie is now!
---
Are those earrings that Charlie gave Shelly for xmas *the* earrings?

Last edited:
Are those earrings that Charlie gave Shelly for xmas *the* earrings?
I wondered that too

Charlie was awful humiliating Shelley like that by saying she needs to lose weight and giving her dress away so that Jason would give it to Violet. Also Charlie has been quite flirty with Violet on a couple of occasions and that New Year’s kiss went beyond just a friendly one. I don’t know if anything might happen there