Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure why she’s coming back, there’s no ties to the street.
What on earth are they bringing her back for? If it wasn’t for the fact I've recently watched her on these repeats I would have no memory of her whatsoever. It was not as though she made a big impact when she was there. She only really interacted with Natalie & Vinny for the most part so nobody else who are still in the show now from when she was last there will really care that she’s back

Reactions: 8
Alma's final appearance was pretty much 20 years to the day after she first appeared.

First: 22 June 1981
Last: 20 June 2001

Although it wasn't until April 1989 that she finally became a regular. Previously appearing in four episodes in 1981, eight episodes in 1982, briefly mentioned in 1984 and another four episodes in late 1988.

It seems strange watching her in those 1981 and 1982 episodes, in the days when Annie Walker, Albert Tatlock, Elsie Tanner, Bert and Ivy Tilsley, Hilda and Stan Ogden were still around.

Reactions: 4
I haven’t watched present day Corrie for years but is there anyone they won’t bring back? I guess it doesn’t create as much work of a character has already been established and churning out five episodes a week must be tough going…but Debs was a pointless character first time round

Reactions: 6
It was funny how Debs and Natalie were sisters with different accents 😂
I’d much rather they brought Natalie back.

Reactions: 9
It was funny how Debs and Natalie were sisters with different accents 😂
I’d much rather they brought Natalie back.
oh no. Denise Welch gets on my absolute last nerve. Maybe its just LW u cant stand her on. Might be better acting. I mean she was ok when in corrie before.
Sorry that was a think out loud 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
oh no. Denise Welch gets on my absolute last nerve. Maybe its just LW u cant stand her on. Might be better acting. I mean she was ok when in corrie before.
Sorry that was a think out loud 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I’m not a fan either tbh.

So I’ve caught up a bit, Toyah’s just been dragged away in the alley. It was good the way they manufactured a few potential culprits but when he whispered her name, it seemed obvious to me because I’d read it here. If it hadn’t been for that, I’d have been thinking “I bet it’s Fred Elliot…🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The original Sun article (which became unavailable a few hours later) and all the other papers that copied it were wrong

Gabrielle Glaister is coming back to Corrie but not as the unmemorable Debs Brownlow but as a new character

I’ve not long read it was just coming to post.
This makes a lot more sense now as I couldn’t see any reason for her coming back as Debs.

Reactions: 6
I dont like it when actors come back as different characters. Especially when its not been that long since we’ve watched her as Debs
Saying that ive not watched the ‘current Corrie’ for about 10 years so makes no difference to me really 😂

Reactions: 2
It won’t be long off before we watch Maureen Lipman as a different character

• Wow
That was a couple of good episodes today.
Alma :(
Toyah storyline, loved Peter punching him!
And then abit of comedy when the head teacher mistook Ken for Mike's dad!!

Reactions: 8
I thought it was the same actress playing Debs in classic corrie and Bernie in modern day.

They really do look similar!
I read a while back someone saying the same.
Not sure whether it was here or on Twitter.
Wonder if that’s where the writers got the idea of this storyline from? 🤔

I really liked the way the Toyah’s rape was done and remembered every detail from first time around.It was quite graphic and brutal but taught me a lot about the horrible side of life watching it at aged 12/13.I really love Sam he’s such a nice straightforward character.Not everyone has to have a bad attitude or quirk.

I haven’t watched present day Corrie for years but is there anyone they won’t bring back? I guess it doesn’t create as much work of a character has already been established and churning out five episodes a week must be tough going…but Debs was a pointless character first time round
The bosses seem reluctant to bring back Janice and Les, despite Leanne and Toyah both being in the show.

Also the legendary Bet Gilroy for a final set of appearances. Even Kate Oates said that the character deserved a swansong storyline.

Reactions: 3
The bosses seem reluctant to bring back Janice and Les, despite Leanne and Toyah both being in the show.

Also the legendary Bet Gilroy for a final set of appearances. Even Kate Oates said that the character deserved a swansong storyline.
I didn’t appreciate Janice as a character first time round but I really like her now. I think there might have been a bit of beef after Vicky Entwistle left - I think it’s been spoken about before here, she tweeted criticism of one of Leanne’s storyline - I’ll see if I can find the article.

ETA - found this one, that would be worth a read I think - and it appears she’s quit a

This is the article I was thinking of:

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.