Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was a sad episode today, Alma was always a favourite of mine, not looking forward to the next few weeks :confused:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think we are witnessing the beginning of the slippery slope for Classic Corrie. Two really heavy issues shown in quick succession. Both Toyah and Alma's storylines have been compelling viewing, but they happened one after the other. Let the viewers pause for breath.
It is still miles better than modern day Corrie though, at least you cared about most of the characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The media are saying the Duggie Brown had three roles in Coronation Street. I'm sure he played one of the builders who worked for Steve McDonald, when then were redeveloping the old Graffiti Club into the medical centre. Or was that someone else?
Duggie Brown was Lynne Perrie's (Ivy Tilsley) real life brother.

Lynne passed away in 2006, aged 74. Duggie was nine years younger than Lynne, passing away aged 82.

He played the following roles in Corrie:
The person whom I think you were referring to was Pat Hegherty, played by Tony Barton.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Duggie Brown was Lynne Perrie's (Ivy Tilsley) real life brother.

Lynne passed away in 2006, aged 74. Duggie was nine years younger than Lynne, passing away aged 82.

He played the following roles in Corrie:
The person whom I think you were referring to was Pat Hegherty, played by Tony Barton.
Thank you so much for this information, it was really bugging me. Duggie Brown and Tony Barton looked ike each other, this is what confused me.

Reactions: 3
Brian Park was an absolute fool axing Norris Cole, in 1997.

Norris, along with Blanche are two of the best bits about Classic Corrie.

He has me in stitches an awful lot with his jobsworth attitude, being a nosey sod and his generally camp demeanour.

His latest community role as 2001 local Census co-ordinator.

Yesterday's Episode in which David and his mate nicked Norris's trolley and put bricks in it. Norris then telling Gail later on it was a treasonous act. 🤣🤣

Malcolm Hebden and Norris Cole are sorely missed in today's Corrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Shelly Unwin now in Classic Corrie.

Although the character appears to be a slight cut and paste of Sally Lindsay's previous role in The Royle Family, at first.

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Possibly an unpopular opinion…I think Suranne Jones is a bit of a one trick pony. I think she was Karen McDonald in Corrie, Dr Foster and Vigil - moody, aloof and a bit sneery 😂.

And I think Toyah was Toyah in Corrie, Casualty and Law and Order UK

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Possibly an unpopular opinion…I think Suranne Jones is a bit of a one trick pony. I think she was Karen McDonald in Corrie, Dr Foster and Vigil - moody, aloof and a bit sneery 😂.

And I think Toyah was Toyah in Corrie, Casualty and Law and Order UK
I definitely agree with Suranne Jones she is Karen in everything she’s in.That same steer and eyes moving as if shes watching a tennis match.The one who played Zoe acted the same in everything too. Downton, liar etc so awful.I’m glad she left

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Anyone else’s itv player playing up? I’ve not been able to watch Corrie for a week I’m getting seriously behind

Reactions: 2
Shelly Unwin now in Classic Corrie.

Although the character appears to be a slight cut and paste of Sally Lindsay's previous role in The Royle Family, at first.

View attachment 1508843
Ironically in that photo, three people whom have been in Coronation Street at various times.

Doreen Keogh - Concepta Riley (1960–1964, 1967, 1972, 1975)
Sue Johnston - Mrs Chadwick (1982), Gloria Price (2012-2014)
Sally Lindsay - Shelly Unwin (2001-2006)

• Heart
Alma’s illness is making me feel quite sad! I think because we’re on 10 ish episodes a week, the episodes fly over, so she’ll be gone before we know it 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Good times still to come!

Who can forget Norris Vs Lillian Spencer in 2002. 🤣

Long before Lillian returned under the alias of Evelyn Plummer.

The "Landlady's bottle", "second growth Claret" looked suspiciously like a bottle of Sainsbury's own brand Claret. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Am I right in thinking Richard Hillman isn’t far away, wasn’t he at Alma’s funeral?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.