Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t appreciate Janice as a character first time round but I really like her now. I think there might have been a bit of beef after Vicky Entwistle left - I think it’s been spoken about before here, she tweeted criticism of one of Leanne’s storyline - I’ll see if I can find the article.

ETA - found this one, that would be worth a read I think

However Vicky was only saying out aloud what many thought.

Corrie of now is full of poor characters, storylines and writing.

Even once great characters are nothing more than comedy parodies. Gail, Steve and Birk are three such examples.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
However Vicky was only saying out aloud what many thought.

Corrie of now is full of poor characters, storylines and writing.

Even once great characters are nothing more than comedy parodies. Gail, Steve and Birk are three such examples.
I’m not sure if Birk was a typo of Kirk but if it was it’s kind of appropriate for him as he is a berk

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m not sure if Birk was a typo of Kirk but if it was it’s kind of appropriate for him as he is a berk
Ha ha I was just going to say the same thing! Birk or Berk is so apt for him!!!
Wonder why the actress who played Janice hasn't been asked back, or maybe she doesn't want to come?

Reactions: 5
Ha ha I was just going to say the same thing! Birk or Berk is so apt for him!!!
Wonder why the actress who played Janice hasn't been asked back, or maybe she doesn't want to come?
I read she had issues with Antony Cotton. Who hasn’t tbh

I really don't know why he's still on the show, no one likes him! He must have some dirt on someone!!!
I read the character was based on Tony Warren and he had a part in his casting. They were friends too so I think this is probably a big reason

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I read the character was based on Tony Warren and he had a part in his casting. They were friends too so I think this is probably a big reason
It must be something like that because I’ve never seen a good word said about it. I think it was maybe the Celeb Gossip thread that I read one of the original ladies refused to have any scenes with him. I’m guessing that must be Rita, Sally, Audrey or Gail?

Reactions: 3
It must be something like that because I’ve never seen a good word said about it. I think it was maybe the Celeb Gossip thread that I read one of the original ladies refused to have any scenes with him. I’m guessing that must be Rita, Sally, Audrey or Gail?
I know, as soon as there's a rumour bout anyone leaving, all of us on Corrie thread are praying and hoping it's him!!

• Haha
I can’t remember whether this was discussed on here or Digital Spy but there was a story going round a male was not going to be giving a new contract but they begged and cried and were allowed to stay. Loads of people assumed it was him. It came from a celeb agent

Reactions: 4
I can’t remember whether this was discussed on here or Digital Spy but there was a story going round a male was not going to be giving a new contract but they begged and cried and were allowed to stay. Loads of people assumed it was him. It came from a celeb agent
I wouldn’t be surprised, his reputation definitely precedes him so I doubt he’d be overwhelmed with offers

Reactions: 4
I've just been rewatching Clocking off ( an old series on iplayer) there's an episode where Sarah Lancashire (Raquel) is a mum to Tina Brien (Sarah) and Jack P Shepherd (David) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Emily is glad to have a man in the house.

To which Rita replied...

Norris?

:ROFLMAO:

Speaking of whom, appears he is Corrie's version of Dot Cotton.

A gossip, purveyor of decency/standards and a hypochondriac. Bothering Dr Ramsden with trivial medical issues.

🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are lots of people watching classic corrie for the first time and have never seen those characters before?
Id never really thought of that. I just assumed we had all watched it in the 90s/00s
I forget that someone even in their 30s now would probably not have watched it back then.

Its john stape!!!

John Stape the local politician in 2001!

His future wife not long departed, the Fuzzy Fizz.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I didn’t realise just how close Alma came to her happy ending! I can see why Amanda Barrie saw the exit storyline as a ratings ploy, they should have let her go to Shropshire with Frank

• Sad
Reactions: 11
How funny. Never knew he was in it as 2 different characters
Also was the Police man when Jim McDonald fell from the scaffolding.

Norris is such a jobsworth. 🤣

Taking his Census duties way too seriously.

I reckon it was Cotton, or Daniel Brocklebank.

Didn't the latter complain about being 'skint' not too long ago?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The media are saying the Duggie Brown had three roles in Coronation Street. I'm sure he played one of the builders who worked for Steve McDonald, when then were redeveloping the old Graffiti Club into the medical centre. Or was that someone else?

Last edited:
The media are saying the Duggie Brown had three roles in Coronation Street. I'm sure he played one of the builders who worked for Steve McDonald, when then were redeveloping the old Graffiti Club into the medical centre. Or was that someone else?
I got so confused when someone mentioned him on the Rest in Peace thread, I thought they meant Dougie Ferguson…so I googled the actor’s name and it came up that he’d tweeted about 15 minutes before 😳

TL;DR I was shocked at Darius’ death, didn’t read the post properly and am grateful for the small window of time you can delete your posts 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.