Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

eeeee1

Chatty Member
I hadn’t remembered loving Alma as much as I do now. She’s realistic, she’s loyal, she’s kind, she’s cool.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I'd just like to say what a cracking episode, the Richard Hillman and Duggie senario was. If this were modern Corrie, it would have dragged on for many months, with the characters long outstaying their welcome. I know he has only just begun, but what a fantastic baddie Richard Hillman is.

Reactions: 14

Whiffy McBiffy

Classic Corrie at the present time still blows what is produced today out of the water.

I caught an episode of regular Corrie recently and thought WTF. It was utter rubbish!

Corrie really has fallen from grace in modern times.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: soaps work best when they don't get ideas above their station. Corrie was a rich, humorous portrayal of everyday folk on a little cobbled backstreet in Manchester. Sure, there was the occasional Tricky Dicky or Alan Bradley, but they were used sparingly, so when they did come along they were properly shocking. Nowadays the producers/writers seem to think that wall to wall murders and explosions and tragedy are what Joe Public wants.

Scenes like this always put a smile on my face:

No explosions, no murders, no one coming back from the dead. Just a very touching send off for one of the biggest icons of all time

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I remember during the Richard Hillman years, Gail had a few items from Jigsaw. One evening I came back from a shopping trip in the nearest big city and I showed my Mum my new lilac Jigsaw cardigan. I put Coronation Street on and Gail was wearing the same one! The Jigsaw staff told me after that Gail wore a few of their clothes. I was a fashionable 20 something and I didn't like "sharing" my coveted new cardigan with Gail Platt!

• Haha

Chip1984

VIP Member
I can't stop looking at Janice's hair everytime she's on screen. Who the fuck cut that monstrosity??

• Haha

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Dev finding out the hard way you should never poke the payroll…he was so horrible to Deirdre though, I felt a bit sorry for her.

Still, it’s Coronation Street - everyone will be happy again soon. A place where Sunita doesn’t mention Dougie, Janice doesn’t mention Dennis and in a sum total of about 3 weeks Ashley’s forgiven Maxime’s infidelity and raising a child that might not be is. Makes you all fuzzy inside 🥰

• Haha

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I can’t believe how much i loathe Karen this time round. In the back of my mind I remembered her as a great character- not so!

Peter is a much nicer character now, but physically he definitely grew into his looks. For the last few years I've found him on occasion smoulderingly, but don't find younger Peter at all attractive.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
However Vicky was only saying out aloud what many thought.

Corrie of now is full of poor characters, storylines and writing.

Even once great characters are nothing more than comedy parodies. Gail, Steve and Birk are three such examples.
I’m not sure if Birk was a typo of Kirk but if it was it’s kind of appropriate for him as he is a berk

• Haha
Gail's purple silk cardigan is from Jigsaw. I had it as well as her lavender Jigsaw one. I was very unimpressed as a chic 20 something to see my latest Jigsaw purchases worn by Gail.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I’m slowly catching up and loving how they didn’t even try and hide Julie Hesmondhalgh’s pregnancy. When she ran to get Wayne away from Alex she was literally waddling!

Things I never want to see again:

1. Martin and Sally kissing
2. Gail and Richard kissing
3. Martin in any kind of shorts
4. Fizz

• Haha
Reactions: 11