Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Who were the greatest ever couple in Classic Coronation Street?

• Bet and Alec Gilroy

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Jim and LIz McDonald

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Roy and Hayley Cropper

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Mike and Alma Baldwin

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Deirdre and Ken Barlow

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • Jack and Vera Duckworth

Votes: 137 62.6%
  • Alf and Audrey Roberts

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Les and Janice Battersby!

Votes: 19 8.7%
  • Sally and Kevin Webster

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, welcome to your new Classic Corrie thread. As it was recently the 40th anniversary (in Classic Corrie), I thought I would do a poll.
Thanks to ktb, for the fabulous thread title.

The last two posts in the previous thread.

Yes you’re right. Darren was previously played by Bruno Langley

This was the first of two times in Corrie history that an actor has appeared in a scene alongside a character that he previously used to play

The 2nd time was in 2010 when Linus Roache (real life son of William Roache who plays Ken) turned up as Ken’s newly discovered son Lewis Cunningham. Linus played Peter Barlow previously in a couple of stints in the 70s and appeared alongside the current Peter Barlow played by Chris Gascoyne

I’m really behind as usual but how cute is young Jack P Shep!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This is when Corrie was good, 2 old rivals going against each other, the aftermath of the siege, and sausage gate !!!

Reactions: 4
I’m behind by quite a few episodes. I missed the 40th anniversary and Curly’s wedding as they’d dropped off by the time I picked it back up on Boxing Day.

Reactions: 1
Had a bleeping crappy day and catching up on classic Corrie has cheered me up - mainly Fred - "GEENA, THE DRINKS!" 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I swear they keep missing episodes unless it’s just me ?

I just watched one where Karen and Steve spent the night together and she was hiding from Vikram the next morning and on the next Vikram was shouting at Steve and he knew about it?

Reactions: 3
I swear they keep missing episodes unless it’s just me ?

I just watched one where Karen and Steve spent the night together and she was hiding from Vikram the next morning and on the next Vikram was shouting at Steve and he knew about it?
Yes i feel bits are missing too. I know its 20 yrs ago but it was my life back then 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Reactions: 5
Yes i feel bits are missing too. I know its 20 yrs ago but it was my life back then 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
I was studying for my A-Levels, so kept dipping in and out at the time. I wish I'd just concentrated on Corrie - my life would've been so much more meaningful and I may have got better results 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Blimey ken and Deirdre got over their break up quick!! How cringe was that Deirdre going in for the kiss with Dev?? And Ken and Alma, I don't remember that!! Oh and can Adam leave real soon, that constant scowl on his face is doing my head in!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s hilarious for me watching Deidre cause back in the day my mum was the spit of her with the glasses and hair style. So much so her nickname that me and my best friend still call her is Rachide 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.