Classic Coronation Street #3 Save the cobbles residents are whining, whilst Deirdre and Dev are 69ing!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Martin is such a hypocrite, blaming Gail, yet he was the one to have an affair! And that storyline coming up is
Didn't they want to do a screwed up story with Martin and Sarah too? (Gross).

Fair play to the actor leaving rather than play a pedalo any longer.

Reactions: 4
I think there was behind the scenes talk of it and the writers were considering it but none of the actors wanted to go anywhere near it so it got scrapped.
Thank god for that, it would have caused an out rage!!!

Reactions: 1
Apparently Duggie played in the 1980 cc final. He was in blue in the photo. It was actually between hull and hull kr who wore blck/white and red respectively.

What a lod of tosh 😉😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
That was the Toyah attack episode yesterday, I couldn't remember who did it, just googled, I'm surprised now as I was back then!!

That was the Toyah attack episode yesterday, I couldn't remember who did it, just googled, I'm surprised now as I was back then!!

I just googled too, oooooo I thought it was going to be Duggie's mate from the poker game.

Reactions: 1
I’m really noticing watching these episodes again just how much the storylines centre around alcohol. Not just as a place where everyone has money to go even though they’re skint, but for the characters too.

There are three actors I know of who had alcohol addiction in real life - Kevin Kennedy (Curly), Denise Welch (Natalie) and Anne Kirkbride - well we’ve only got Ken Roach’s word she was an alcoholic but I think the only thing worse than breaking her confidence would be lying about her being one when she isn’t here to refute it.

I’ve noticed that in the Rovers Curly drinks from bottles of beer - that might be a nod towards him struggling with drinking pints of ‘beer’. Deirdre is on the red wine when she’s in the Rovers and Natalie as a character drank too. I just find it interesting that it’s seemingly implausible for three every day characters not to drink alcohol even at the risk of the wellbeing of the actors.

Article where Denise Welch talks about her alcohol issues:

Reactions: 4
Janice has been brilliant in this storyline, she's one I'd love to see come back!
Roy and Hayley fostering a Fiona, oh god, it's the debut of Fizz :sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had no idea about this Toyah storyline, I now remember my mum wouldn't let me watch corrie sometimes because I was only 11 when this all aired first time round. I understand now why I wasn't allowed to watch it back then.

Totally confused as to why she let me watch bad girls after it though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.