Claire Chanelle Chouquette

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing w Claire is she’s not honest. She hustles, I’ll give her that, and is an opportunist in every way BUT she is so dishonest when it comes to being transparent about partnerships. Her latest video is 100% a promo video for Luxury Promise. Say that. They may not be paying her to hock their overpriced vintage goods, but they are paying her as an employee. She will literally sell for anyone who throws her a penny. Remember Designer Exchange? All of these budding resale businesses are the same. Don’t waste your $.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree with all of your points. If Claire had rose the corporate ladder in fashion retail (dept manager, buyer, VIP personal shopper) I believe she would have gained more respect. From what I can piece together from her word salads, she:
1.was an SA for the bulk of her career,
2. started hustling as a personal shopper on the side,
3. likely went to a lot of fashion network events to build her network (and future book of business)
4. married a man with family money that allowed her to stop working full time in the retail space.

She spends too much time trying to convince her audience that “she purchases everything with her own money” which imho means she’s lying/fabricating reality/etc.
I make a good living, can afford nice things and experiences, but it came at a cost. I spent ages 22-34 working my butt off so that I could hit a certain base salary range in my mid-30s and have more financial power/freedom now. Nothing about Claire’s financesadd up, but at the end of the day, it’s really none of my business.
Claire is just not an honest person. No one denies she’s a hard worker, but she wasn’t buying 1£ flats in London and 1£ home in Essex as a stylist. Just say we’re fortunate Julian’s parents cover the real estate so we (really Claire since all Julian does now is edit her videos and run numbers for her soon-to-be made-in-China poorly made clothes business) can focus on our businesses.

Reactions: 14
She comes across as a massive snob. I’m not rolling in money, this last year has been a bit tough, but her ‘you must buy this is such good value’ for a £300 whatever is just annoying. It’s expensive. But she goes on like it’s cheap as chips, it’s a bargain for her and her tiny little self that struggles to carry her gigantic baby

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Yess! And her ‘oh I thought I only bought 2 pairs but actually I forgot I bought 3’. Who forgets what they just spent £2.5k+ on?! Thankfully we are financially comfortable but that doesn’t mean that I would ever minimise what I spend. It’s never ‘only’ a £1k handbag. In reality a £1k handbag would cost less than most of the bags in my collection BUT A £1k handbag is still a bag that many many many people can’t afford and that’s something you should never lose sight of in my opinion. Sorry for the rant, i saw a some of her latest video and it irked me as to how flippant she has become about her purchases and the way she does this fake ‘humble brag’.

Reactions: 13
She comes across as a massive snob. I’m not rolling in money, this last year has been a bit tough, but her ‘you must buy this is such good value’ for a £300 whatever is just annoying. It’s expensive. But she goes on like it’s cheap as chips, it’s a bargain for her and her tiny little self that struggles to carry her gigantic baby
I think that's why I find her spending repulsive and I only watch her videos occasionally because I can't quite fathom how she manages that lifestyle. It's a conundrum to me. Buying excessive amounts of the same things from high-end brands. It's just not thought through - it's all about the need to get the next lux fix.
It's a channel for her to show off she's married wealth and is involved with a a re-sale website where she probably isn't paid much but gets her greedy hands on the latest "must-haves". She's oblivious to her audience and their budgets.
Someone seriously needs to talk to her about her presentation skills on camera as well, she can't keep on point for more than one sentence.
Classic Claire: "Today I am going to tell you about, ooh hold on, sorry about that but a fly just walked by. Let me tell you what I bought, wait a moment, I can't get the camera in focus. Anyway, I just went to Harrods yesterday to talk to my SA about a possible ...oh sorry I forgotten what I was going to say, I can't find my words today. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The expensive injections at Harrods don’t seem to have worked
So true! she looks exactly the same. Why doesn't she spend the money treating her orbital eczema , it makes her look ancient. I'm always shocked that she slaps on so much eye make up with her skin like that, she is so dumb

Reactions: 6
The expensive injections at Harrods don’t seem to have worked
Just watched the latest vlog and was thinking the same. She really doesn’t look good in the face however she is looking really slim I have to say!! She has great legs.

Reactions: 6
Another Hermes bag for Claire. Yawn. The woman isn’t a selective collector, she’s a hoarder. It’s beyond ick.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Love how she keeps trying to convince her followers that the white sofa is nice - it’s awful and so dated 🙈 the cream one isn’t great but at least it doesn’t have the dated look.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just watched a few of the new of the new videos (on VP ofc) and they were pretty dull. Maybe I’m just over influencers and their continuous haul-style videos? I’m just finding many of her videos repetitive and uninspired. I used to enjoy the wacky outfits she put together but lately the 2x oversized blazer thing is reading as dull and basic.
Please note, I’m in no way commenting on the actual size of Claire or anyone that wears a size 2x. I just mean that she buys clothes that are 2 sizes larger than she needs and she is swimming in all the extra fabric. Looks like a child wearing their parents’ clothes.

Just watched the latest vlog and was thinking the same. She really doesn’t look good in the face however she is looking really slim I have to say!! She has great legs.
She does have nice legs, especially for someone who doesn’t workout. Either she has a great metabolism or she doesn’t eat much. I think her mid-section shape has changed a bit since giving birth (very common with Mothers) but overall, she’s done right by herself.

What I will never understand is why she doesn’t have regular appointments with a dermatologist for her eczema. She has all kinds of facial and non-invasive face treatments/procedures but we never hear her discussing true dermatology. I get it as an allergy (instead of coughing and sneezing, my non-face skin goes bonkers). I went to a dermatologists for years and years to get myself sorted. I still get eczema (now it flares quickly when I’m stressed or in warmer environments) but I have the resources to best treat it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Why is she acting like Ouai have copied her kids name for their perfume, it’s a major street in Paris. Jen Atkin definitely doesn’t know who you are hun 😆.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just watched a few of the new of the new videos (on VP ofc) and they were pretty dull. Maybe I’m just over influencers and their continuous haul-style videos? I’m just finding many of her videos repetitive and uninspired. I used to enjoy the wacky outfits she put together but lately the 2x oversized blazer thing is reading as dull and basic.
Please note, I’m in no way commenting on the actual size of Claire or anyone that wears a size 2x. I just mean that she buys clothes that are 2 sizes larger than she needs and she is swimming in all the extra fabric. Looks like a child wearing their parents’ clothes.

She does have nice legs, especially for someone who doesn’t workout. Either she has a great metabolism or she doesn’t eat much. I think her mid-section shape has changed a bit since giving birth (very common with Mothers) but overall, she’s done right by herself.

What I will never understand is why she doesn’t have regular appointments with a dermatologist for her eczema. She has all kinds of facial and non-invasive face treatments/procedures but we never hear her discussing true dermatology. I get it as an allergy (instead of coughing and sneezing, my non-face skin goes bonkers). I went to a dermatologists for years and years to get myself sorted. I still get eczema (now it flares quickly when I’m stressed or in warmer environments) but I have the resources to best treat it.
The compliments on her legs are very kind. Sadly the eyes eventually move up to the face.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.