Christmas Watch 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s quite ambiguous though. Are they adopting this child? Is it a family member who has been removed from them who’s being allowed to spend Christmas with them? I couldn’t figure it out.
I assumed they were fostering or adopting? But I agree very ambiguous. Especially as he seemed to spend several weeks learning to skate.

Reactions: 3
I assumed they were fostering or adopting? But I agree very ambiguous. Especially as he seemed to spend several weeks learning to skate.
Adopting I think, a couple at work has adopted (admittedly a baby so much younger) and they met them multiple times over a few months before they said yes IIRC.

Do you guys do Christmas jumpers?

Seen Boden’s but they don’t feel Christmasy enough.

I had one from asda when I was younger.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone help me come up with some new traditions? I’m trying to get past a bereavement that happened a couple of Christmas ago and enjoy it again.
We lost my Mum last year and she loved Christmas. We usually all go to my Sisters but I have volunteered to do it this year. Should be fun as I really cant cook but am hoping to get them all drunk reall early so they dont notice.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do you guys do Christmas jumpers?

Seen Boden’s but they don’t feel Christmasy enough.

I had one from asda when I was younger.
They had some nice ones in Sainsburys this week, well nice for me as I quite like a bold Christmas one as opposed to toned down 😄 I've also had ones from Next the last few years

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It’s quite ambiguous though. Are they adopting this child? Is it a family member who has been removed from them who’s being allowed to spend Christmas with them? I couldn’t figure it out.
What I got from it was that they are adopting/fostering and the dad was learning how to skate for her. I thought it was lovely!

I am going to b&m later for the first time ages hopefully going to make a start on the presents. 😊🎁

Reactions: 4
Adopting I think, a couple at work has adopted (admittedly a baby so much younger) and they met them multiple times over a few months before they said yes IIRC.
I assumed adopting cos no way would he have time to learn a new hobby for every foster kid they take in!

Just seen the new John Lewis advert its definitely 😭 preferred some of the previous years to it though

What I got from it was that they are adopting/fostering and the dad was learning how to skate for her. I thought it was lovely!

I am going to b&m later for the first time ages hopefully going to make a start on the presents. 😊🎁
B&M have a hot chocolate station for£5. Not sure what they quality is like as I was shopping for a kids birthday present but I’ve got it on my list for Christmas Eve this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

I took it that they are fostering the child. As it mentioned kids in care etc.

B&M have a hot chocolate station for£5. Not sure what they quality is like as I was shopping for a kids birthday present but I’ve got it on my list for Christmas Eve this year.
Thank you that might be a good idea for my nephew who is 10. My kids are 1 and 5 so pretty easy to buy for. Really struggle buying for my nieces and nephews that are between 8 and 14! I’m only 28 and have no idea what teenagers/pre teens are into anymore, I feel old 🤣

Thank you that might be a good idea for my nephew who is 10. My kids are 1 and 5 so pretty easy to buy for. Really struggle buying for my nieces and nephews that are between 8 and 14! I’m only 28 and have no idea what teenagers/pre teens are into anymore, I feel old 🤣
I usually follow age appropriate kids discreetly round a store when I'm stuck to see what they go "apeshit" about and it usually goes down well with the child/teenager I'm buying for.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's a 2 minute, fictional TV ad - do you really need all the details? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
They love a tenner in their cards!

Not too impressed with the John Lewis ad tbh, it's a nice sentiment but not very Christmas like. Just saw the Irish Aldi ad and it's brilliant.

Reactions: 5
No idea where about to post this #FirstPost sorry 🤣 thought this might be appropriate to post in!
Looking for bits and bobs for Christmas!
and I seen these on multiple random pages obv fakes but I like them 🤣 any one know who the actual distributer is so I can buy direct?

Attachments

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.