Christmas Watch 2022 #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone help me come up with some new traditions? I’m trying to get past a bereavement that happened a couple of Christmas ago and enjoy it again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Can anyone help me come up with some new traditions? I’m trying to get past a bereavement that happened a couple of Christmas ago and enjoy it again.
So sorry for your loss ❤

When my Nan passed away many years ago, we had to do the same to keep my mum going.
Don’t put to much pressure on yourself for the day itself, if you know it’s going to be hard.

We always make a big thing of Christmas Eve so my mum has that to focus on - family dinner with ‘party food’, Christmas Eve boxes and a traditional Christmas film.
Christmas Day we started early to keep my mum distracted, light breakfast but we make the table all nice. Go for a dog walk etc.

Is there anything you did before that you would like to continue?

Reactions: 4
So sorry for your loss ❤

When my Nan passed away many years ago, we had to do the same to keep my mum going.
Don’t put to much pressure on yourself for the day itself, if you know it’s going to be hard.

We always make a big thing of Christmas Eve so my mum has that to focus on - family dinner with ‘party food’, Christmas Eve boxes and a traditional Christmas film.
Christmas Day we started early to keep my mum distracted, light breakfast but we make the table all nice. Go for a dog walk etc.

Is there anything you did before that you would like to continue?
Not really. I think I’m just trying to distract myself and get past it by coming up with something new!

What about taking up a Christmas crafts like making advent calendars, or Christmas cards. Is there any groups in your community that you could join, or volunteer at old peoples home or animal shelter?

Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who thinks Lindor are disgusting?! I’m the biggest chocoholic ever but I just can’t deal with their sickliness.

Lindt Santas and bears on the other hand…
I find the standard ones a bit too sickly because of the size, but they do mini ones at Xmas and they are 🤌 If you pop them in your mouth for like 10 seconds the inside melts and it oozes all this chocolatey goodness

Reactions: 2
I was off work sick yesterday and watched C5 afternoon Christmas cheesy film. Working from home today and my silly grinchy husband reminded me of Christmas 24 so watching another film on my lunch break 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My 4 kids have lost 3 grandparents in the space of a year. We would really like to take them away over the Christmas holidays to give them something to look forward to. We don’t really want a cottage as it would be just like being at home, but a holiday park or lodge where there’s some entertainment and Christmas fun. Does anyone have recommendations? Kids ages range from 17years to 18 months.
(Nothing insanely pricey like centreparcs)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Starting to think about this bastard elf now. My youngest still really loves it but to be honest, it sucks the joy out of my advent! Trying to find new things to do with it, that doesn't involve mess (because 'you can't touch it mummy!') It's always a half hearted attempt before going to bed at night.

May need to write an 'Elf to do list' in advance.

• Heart
Starting to think about this bastard elf now. My youngest still really loves it but to be honest, it sucks the joy out of my advent! Trying to find new things to do with it, that doesn't involve mess (because 'you can't touch it mummy!') It's always a half hearted attempt before going to bed at night.

Do you have a good relationship with your next door neighbour? We asked ours to take some picture of the elf in their house, so one day I could just prop them up with the photos of their 'adventure' the night before.

• Heart

Porky penguin are your elf life saver. They do a pack of daily activities and a pack of jokes! Honestly, check them out. It's a game changer. I actually "enjoyed" doing the elf last year because of them! They change the packs every year too so never the same thing each year!

• Heart
Do you have a good relationship with your next door neighbour? We asked ours to take some picture of the elf in their house, so one day I could just prop them up with the photos of their 'adventure' the night before.
That's a great idea - thank you!! I'm going to do that!

Porky penguin are your elf life saver. They do a pack of daily activities and a pack of jokes! Honestly, check them out. It's a game changer. I actually "enjoyed" doing the elf last year because of them! They change the packs every year too so never the same thing each year!
Ooh I'll check these out aswell! I really do need help with it, I'm not motivated in the slightest. Thank you!

Mums eh! It was added to youtube 6 days ago so I don't think it's legit 😆
It’s hilarious my daughter went to school and asked her friends if they had seen it 🤣🤣. Oh god…safe to say I’ve had to have words with my mother🤣.

There is a elf carrier… Amazon product 🤣. I think I’m going to order it.

• Haha
  • Heart
My 4 kids have lost 3 grandparents in the space of a year. We would really like to take them away over the Christmas holidays to give them something to look forward to. We don’t really want a cottage as it would be just like being at home, but a holiday park or lodge where there’s some entertainment and Christmas fun. Does anyone have recommendations? Kids ages range from 17years to 18 months.
(Nothing insanely pricey like centreparcs)
I'm sorry for your loss.

Butlin's also do Christmas breaks away. Not sure how much your older child might like it but they have:
  • "Festive Lights - Soak up the festive atmosphere as the resort glitters with over 140,000 lights and magical interactive displays.
  • New Live Shows - See exclusive family shows, including our Goldilocks and the Three Bears panto, the Skyline Gang in Christmas Goes Pop, Father Christmas’ brand-new experience and our magical Snowstorm show.
  • Arts & Crafts - Get stuck into festive-themed arts and crafts and deck the halls with your very own Christmas creation.
  • Pool Parties - Head to the North ‘Pool’ and splash into Christmas with a festive pool party.
  • Silent Cinema - Grab some earmuffs (headphones) and a blanket and get cosy in the Skyline as you watch a festive film in our silent cinema. Why not treat yourself to a hot chocolate? "

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.