Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boyfriend got me duck all not even a card!
He said he'll buy me "anything I like" & I'm too hard to buy for... but we'll "go shopping"... not quite the same is it. :mad:
He got his parents bleeping iPad's & tit !
Moi - nada.
(I'm actually quite gutted)

OK let's help you here. Tell him you've been thinking about his kind offer, but can't decide on a bottle of your favourite perfume, a new coat or boots. Flash your eyelashes at him and see if he'll buy them all. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How do we feel about a regifted hamper? My daughter works in a marketing company. It was obviously gifted to the department. Some of the team took bits, my daughter gifted it to us … husband isn’t pleased I’m a bit meh. He thinks she should have tried harder as we give her money each month to her rent
I would also agree with your husband. It's the lack of effort.

My boyfriend got me duck all not even a card!
He said he'll buy me "anything I like" & I'm too hard to buy for... but we'll "go shopping"... not quite the same is it. :mad:
He got his parents bleeping iPad's & tit !
Moi - nada.
(I'm actually quite gutted)
I'm not materialistic but this would also hurt me too, is he normally this stingy? See how he reacts when you hold him to it, by talking about a time to go.

My husband got Lynx Africa from my family :ROFLMAO:
Note to self: buy more shares in their parent company Unilever.

Reactions: 9
I got a beautiful necklace, it came with a free gift which husband also wrapped up! 😂🎁I gave it to my mum. She loves it. Husband doesn't mind.

Reactions: 5
Just reading all the posts about bath bombs, lynx africa and bayliss and harding and this Ad pops up....😄

Screenshot_20221226-005617_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Waffle maker. I'm pretty sure I once said I fancy going to the waffle place but can't be bothered. I think my bf translated this to "I want to make waffles at home".

Yay, more opportunities to cook for my darling family and another infrequently used appliance to find a home for!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Candles. So many candles despite be the fact I can't burn them because I have parrots (will kill them!) Every year it's the same 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 11
My dad admittedly has been a bit preoccupied with my nana being so unwell the past couple weeks that his gift was mainly wee bits. So I've got a couple of nightdresses (that aren't totally my kind of design but they're still nice and will be good for summer). Also got a long kitten calendar, which is actually a winner since we can finally replace my flatmate's dog calendar that's been hiding a stain on the wall for the past 2-3 years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I got 6 large (the big ones with everything in) snow fairy gift sets from my closet family. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the occasional snow fairy bath bomb maybe once every 6 months. But I’m in my 30s. I liked the sickly sweet scent of snow fairy when I was in my early 20s, but now…give me a bottle of dove bubble bath or shower gel and I’m good to go. It was my birthday in December and I got 3 then too. And I’ve got 2 left untouched from last year. I might wait until the middle of the year when everyone’s used up their supplies and stick them on Vinted 🤣

I also got peanuts as part of a gift hamper from my team at work, but I’m allergic to them which is well known after I had an allergic reaction to a trace of them at work in November. Maybe I need to be nicer to them in 2023 😂

A humping dog usb that plugs in to your phone was also pretty weird.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Not necessarily a moan but got a bottle of Prosecco from work for working xmas day. That’s going straight into the Christmas presents for next year like to give to my sister 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I would also agree with your husband. It's the lack of effort.

I'm not materialistic but this would also hurt me too, is he normally this stingy? See how he reacts when you hold him to it, by talking about a time to go.
It's not a stingy thing, he just doesn't know what to get me.. But it's the whole lack of effort thats hurtful, a nice card ?
He's a lovely person & he does anything for me and my mum tbf, but I could just punch him in the skull & say "think!!! you big bleeping lump!! you know me! How hard can it be!!"
He would buy me anything I wanted, but where's the thought in that?
I put thought & effort into his gifts & he really liked them. Even though he had to sit alone in his house & open them, which probably wasn't very nice for him either.

A card with nice words would have made all the difference.
Because he didn't even bother with a card I was so cross about his whole lack of effort, I spent xmas day at home on my own, I made a full xmas dinner for one & I ate my own bodyweight in cheese & drank 2 bottles of wine :LOL:

I've derailed the thread :oops: sorry!
Happy Christmas tattlers! I love you lot x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel like the worst person in the world but I’m so hurt by what my boyfriend has given me for Christmas. I know he’s done it with some thought but I gave him vouchers for a couple of experiences, things he’d mentioned etc and in return I got a pestle and mortar, a bear and tickets to a show. I’m sure the show will be great. He got me the pestle and mortar because I said I like le creuset things, but it actually really upset me to open a teddy and a pestle and mortar on Christmas Day when I’d put so much thought in to personal things for him. This is the first one I’m spending with his family on the other side of the country to my loved ones and it’s making me want to cry because I feel quite alone

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
My lovely husband bought me some earrings we’d picked out. Except, when I opened them they weren’t the ones we’d picked out when we were in the jewellers. The assistant must have wrapped a different pair by mistake. I really don’t like them, they’re too fussy & I picked out something with simple, clean lines. My husband hasn’t noticed & is pleased as punch at having bought me jewellery. I don’t have the heart to spoil that by telling him they’re the wrong ones. So I’ve just had to make out how in love with them I am. In the shower this morning one of them pinged off when I was washing my hair and I managed to retrieve it just before it went down the plughole, but maybe I won’t be so quick if it happens again!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I got a bath salt & bath fizzer set off someone who has been in my bathroom on more than one occasion and knows there’s no bath in there 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How do we feel about a regifted hamper? My daughter works in a marketing company. It was obviously gifted to the department. Some of the team took bits, my daughter gifted it to us … husband isn’t pleased I’m a bit meh. He thinks she should have tried harder as we give her money each month to her rent
Wasn’t going to reply to this but ngl think that’s disgraceful. Help with rent is a huge leg up and getting the sloppy seconds of a marketing agency hamper is grim at the best of times let alone when you’re giving your child continued support into adulthood. It’s not about the cost of the present just a bit of thought, I’d sooner something out the Sainsbury’s bakery for under £2 than some vile chutney so bad an entire department wouldn’t even take it home for free? I’d actually rather nothing.

Although on a kinder note maybe ask her if she’s okay as maybe there’s something bigger going on with her 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I got a bath salt & bath fizzer set off someone who has been in my bathroom on more than one occasion and knows there’s no bath in there 😂.
I got a set of bath bombs despite having told the person mulitple times I’ve not had a bath in years! I hate bathing.
I’m a shower girl all the way

Reactions: 4
I got a set of bath bombs despite having told the person mulitple times I’ve not had a bath in years! I hate bathing.
I’m a shower girl all the way
What is it with Christmas and bath bombs? It’s maybe just me but I’ve never looked at bath bombs when I’ve been Christmas shopping and thought bingo 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 14