Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Home Bargain 'delights'...
Getting what initially looks like a lovely box of chocolates to read the infamous TJM Ltd on the back and realise that this isn't gonna be nice stuff!

Its 50p for a reason.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Gift wise we did alright this year, me & my husband just had the joy of being called fat by my dad. I had a baby 8 weeks ago and he asked if I’d “been eating too much or got another one in there already?” And showed husband a photo from last Christmas and said “if you think you’ve put on weight this year don’t worry, you were fat last Christmas too”. Happy Boxing Day from me and the tin of quality street I’m having for breakfast ✌🏽

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
My lovely husband bought me some earrings we’d picked out. Except, when I opened them they weren’t the ones we’d picked out when we were in the jewellers. The assistant must have wrapped a different pair by mistake. I really don’t like them, they’re too fussy & I picked out something with simple, clean lines. My husband hasn’t noticed & is pleased as punch at having bought me jewellery. I don’t have the heart to spoil that by telling him they’re the wrong ones. So I’ve just had to make out how in love with them I am. In the shower this morning one of them pinged off when I was washing my hair and I managed to retrieve it just before it went down the plughole, but maybe I won’t be so quick if it happens again!
If he hasnt noticed is there anyway you could take them back and exchange them without him knowing?

Reactions: 10
My lovely husband bought me some earrings we’d picked out. Except, when I opened them they weren’t the ones we’d picked out when we were in the jewellers. The assistant must have wrapped a different pair by mistake. I really don’t like them, they’re too fussy & I picked out something with simple, clean lines. My husband hasn’t noticed & is pleased as punch at having bought me jewellery. I don’t have the heart to spoil that by telling him they’re the wrong ones. So I’ve just had to make out how in love with them I am. In the shower this morning one of them pinged off when I was washing my hair and I managed to retrieve it just before it went down the plughole, but maybe I won’t be so quick if it happens again!
I’d take them back and explain the wrong ones got wrapped up and get the ones you wanted. Even if they’re swapped your husband still bought them for you.

Reactions: 19
Commiserations to those who have had less than ideal gifts this year. Mine were OK although I did get a costume jewellery necklace (which is a bit hmmm seeing as I haven't worn necklaces since about 2004 and I hate the feeling of something around my neck). Maybe I can repurpose it as a bracelet.

Re. Bath bombs and no bath - until about 2 years ago I only had a shower, and when I was gifted stuff like bath bombs I'd break bits off and put in a bowl for a foot soak. Although if they were an overpowering scent I'd cut my losses and give away etc.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t have any presents to open - I got cash and my hair, nails and lip fillers paid for 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I do love a bit of Cliffy and everyone laughs at me too 😘
Did you see him on This Morning making gravy?? Jesus! It looked like he was just winging it, putting a bit of anything & everything in... 4 stock cubes, soy sauce, Worcester sauce.. :oops:
It looked more like onion soup.

He's an odd one is Cliff.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did you see him on This Morning making gravy?? Jesus! It looked like he was just winging it, putting a bit of anything & everything in... 4 stock cubes, soy sauce, Worcester sauce.. :oops:
It looked more like onion soup.

He's an odd one is Cliff.
Ohh no i didn't see it! My Mum loves him, always went to see him in concert so I have been brought up with his music, and I always feel happy and cosy when I hear him 😍 x

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Gift wise we did alright this year, me & my husband just had the joy of being called fat by my dad. I had a baby 8 weeks ago and he asked if I’d “been eating too much or got another one in there already?” And showed husband a photo from last Christmas and said “if you think you’ve put on weight this year don’t worry, you were fat last Christmas too”. Happy Boxing Day from me and the tin of quality street I’m having for breakfast ✌🏽
I'm the same. My mum used to mention my weight, which isn't even near obese, so I would deliberately scoff more. Although she didn't realise how it affected me she just thought it was what she was supposed to do (she's super skinny naturally) Anyway when I got older I told her I'm happy the way I am as I am healthy. She then stopped

Reactions: 6
Not my gift but my daughter and her bf were bought a huge light up model of the Eiffel Tower by his mum. It cost nearly £70 from The Range. They’ve never been to Paris or expressed a wish to go and have no room for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Not my gift but my daughter and her bf were bought a huge light up model of the Eiffel Tower by his mum. It cost nearly £70 from The Range. They’ve never been to Paris or expressed a wish to go and have no room for it!
You’ll have to get them the Big Ben for Easter they can have the set.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I was pleased to see my relative who is rubbish at buying presents got me a toiletry set from one of my favourite brands until I realised it is a discontinued scent brought out over a year ago at summer time, which means they 100% bought it from an outlet. I’m a gift snob so sue me

Reactions: 2
If he hasnt noticed is there anyway you could take them back and exchange them without him knowing?
TBH, I’ll just go & buy myself a pair that I do like in a couple of weeks & add them in to the earring rotation. He won’t notice that either 😁

I’d take them back and explain the wrong ones got wrapped up and get the ones you wanted. Even if they’re swapped your husband still bought them for you.
Unfortunately we bought them when we went Christmas shopping about a month ago, in a town some distance away, so returning them would be a bit of a faff. It’s fine, I’ll just buy myself some I do like, when I see them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I was on the hunt for this - adult daughter has a weird attachment to needing me to get her a lynx set every christmas 🤣

My too large pjs arrived as expected 🤣
To note.... I spied the lady lynx in superdrug today on my sale jaunt

Reactions: 2