Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t wait to share the absolute crap I’ll be receiving from the inlaws tomorrow. We ask them to get a couple of useful things like shampoo, perfume etc but inevitable we get loads of tat.
For them it is genuinely quantity over quality.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've ended up having a change from my usual plans, as it's looking like it'll be my nana's last Christmas (which is something we feel lucky to have gotten at all) so we're now having a big family Christmas at a relative's close to her. But it's meant I've had to last-minute buy gifts for relatives I don't usually see at Christmas and I've been bearing this thread in mind the whole time 😂 I've settled on just bringing a nice box of biscuits for the relatives hosting, and a wee present for their toddler, and hoping that'll be enough to convey a 'thank you for inviting me to dinner but I'm also not expecting a gift back' 😅

Also, I decided to put together a 'self care package' for my teenage sisters (because they're nightmares to buy for, especially on a budget) - so it's some chocolates, face masks, plus some cozy socks and a nail polish both in their favourite colours. Which in my head was a cute idea but it's only now I'm putting them in the gift bags that I'm like "This feels like the kind of gift that would get me put on this thread" 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I’d like to wish you all good luck for tomorrow, remember to smile even though you want to cry 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
My aunt has been steadily giving everyone in our family custom made cushions with photos on. Today it was finally my turn to receive one. Except it wasn't even a personal photo, it's a cushion with presumably a stock photo of 4 kittens on it... because I like cats. 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I’d like to wish you all good luck for tomorrow, remember to smile even though you want to cry 😂😂😂
I open my presents alone. So nobody to see my face either way. Makes my miss my Mum who would be like ooooh for everything bless her. I love the build up to Xmas but now I'm like f this and wanna just drink until boxing day. I also have unsupportive "friends" and one who's like "why do you mention your age when your mum died". So kind. To note I was in my 20s and only early 30s now.

OOH tone down much. Merry Christmas all 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
I open my presents alone. So nobody to see my face either way. Makes my miss my Mum who would be like ooooh for everything bless her. I love the build up to Xmas but now I'm like f this and wanna just drink until boxing day. I also have unsupportive "friends" and one who's like "why do you mention your age when your mum died". So kind. To note I was in my 20s and only early 30s now.

So sorry this must be such a tough time for you 💕
Hope this thread will bring a little bit of joy to you tomorrow…

Your friends also sound like dicks. Hope they get lots of weird toiletry sets and clothing too small in their stockings 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
So sorry this must be such a tough time for you 💕
Hope this thread will bring a little bit of joy to you tomorrow…

Your friends also sound like dicks. Hope they get lots of weird toiletry sets and clothing too small in their stockings 😂
Alas not from me because I'm a soft prick. But thank you I didn't mean to use this as a counselling session...

Although I was flicking through the music channels and found something called "hunsnet" which did a remix of the macarana over joy to the world and old lang syne. I'm feeling like I've taken something.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

That’s awful I’m so sorry. Treat yourself to some new friends for Christmas I echo what @cushtybert said I hope their gifts are tit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My aunt has been steadily giving everyone in our family custom made cushions with photos on. Today it was finally my turn to receive one. Except it wasn't even a personal photo, it's a cushion with presumably a stock photo of 4 kittens on it... because I like cats. 😂
This reminded me of the year my daughter gave everyone a framed picture of herself for Christmas 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
This reminded me of the year my daughter gave everyone a framed picture of herself for Christmas 🤣
My brother did this one year. He'd have been about 38. He got a photographer friend to take moody black & white pics and everything 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
I'm celebrating with immediate and extended family all under one roof, and it was made very clear to everyone, "No presents" ... but of course there are the odd few who've ignored that which is embarrassing, but at least the gifts have been food, which we've just shared among everyone.

In the past, we did all sorts of things - pick a name out of a hat and spend no more than $50 (that ran for a number of years); Secret Santa; $3 gifts for everyone; and gifts for kids only. I quite liked the $50 one ... it was always a gift card which I know a lot of people loathe but I love being able to choose my own gift.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I’ m sorry for the loss of your mother. It’s perfectly normal to mention the age you were when you did go through something traumatic.

Bin that friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Awful gift moan and I really feel a cow for this. Backstory, traumatic childhood, absolutely awful relationship with my own mother, she’s under a restraining order and got a suspended sentence for her behaviour towards me. So, as kids she had high expectations and wanted overly gushing gifts. We learnt this young and would get her all the “wonderful mum” merch we could find because it was what she wanted to hear, although never meant.

This morning my 9 year old who chose my gifts this year has given me a mum necklace with forever my mum always my friend, and a wooden heart with a load of gushing thank you for being my mum etc etc on. Lovely, very triggering, does he mean it, am I now turning into my mum that he thinks I want to read this stuff, but also at the same time I’m sure it came from his heart and it’s lovely. Just difficult and triggering. Wishing I could just have an uncomplicated smelly set!

*of course I thanked him told him they were lovely etc but said I’m just happy to have him as my son.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Don't forget when unwrapping your Christmas present today, don't be disappointed whatever it is. Just think someone somewhere is opening a Cliff Richard album/calendar.
1f923.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24