Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Lucyxxxx for a thread title for the second instalment of Christmas present moans, a safe space to complain about any steaming pile of 💩 presents that you receive over the festive period.

Previous thread here:

Reactions: 4
I’m sure my local charity shop is counting down the days til they get my next set of too large pjs from my mother 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I've just been gifted a cheeseboard. I don't even eat cheese as I'm allergic to it and this person knows that!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Not necessarily the biggest moan but why do so many people buy Prosecco as a Christmas present?! I’ve had one bottle from work so far, wonder how many more I’ll receive. It’ll be drunk but it feels a bit thoughtless.

My dad rang me yesterday, we’re really close and he knows I drink brandy, red wine, and plain gin because I quite often drink these things with him. Yesterday he rang me asking if I like Baileys, Prosecco, strawberry gin and raspberry gin 😂😂 I can only imagine I am going to receive one of the above as a present this Christmas from him

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Not necessarily the biggest moan but why do so many people buy Prosecco as a Christmas present?! I’ve had one bottle from work so far, wonder how many more I’ll receive. It’ll be drunk but it feels a bit thoughtless.

My dad rang me yesterday, we’re really close and he knows I drink brandy, red wine, and plain gin because I quite often drink these things with him. Yesterday he rang me asking if I like Baileys, Prosecco, strawberry gin and raspberry gin 😂😂 I can only imagine I am going to receive one of the above as a present this Christmas from him
I don't see why not, I sometimes prefer to buy consumables for people than random tit that's just gonna clutter their house.

Reactions: 19
I've just been gifted a cheeseboard. I don't even eat cheese as I'm allergic to it and this person knows that!
Sorry to laugh but I do find wildly tit present giving quite funny because it’s so nonsensical. Why waste your money?! Hopefully it’s not engraved or anything so you can pass it on to a dairy tolerant home.

Reactions: 12
I think people get caught up in the whole getting a “bargain” so it’s what alcohol is on offer in the big supermarkets eg baileys and gift that rather than the actual alcohol that you would like. Logic appears to go out the window when it comes to Christmas gifting 🎁

Reactions: 14

Food and drinks are great gifts for adults at Christmas, of course chosen thoughtfully according to your tastes.

Reactions: 13
This isn't really a moan but it is. My work colleague has bought me a present for when I am next in the office (kind of her don't get me wrong!) which means I probably should by her one back but I have 0 idea what to get her, I am ill af and can't be arsed to go out to get one.

• Haha
Reactions: 5

I neck a bottle every Friday night at home so the less I have to buy....the more I can spend on unnecessary shite for myself 😎🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I always love the things that other people generally deem as bad or thoughtless gifts eg dove sets, vouchers, perfume 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I always love the things that other people generally deem as bad or thoughtless gifts eg dove sets, vouchers, perfume 🤣
Vouchers I’m happy with - either a general shopping centre voucher, or one for somewhere I can go get my nails done or whatever

Reactions: 4
My mum's brother and his wife never put any thought it to presents for my mums side of the family at all (it's all about her side of the family) he bought my mum (more like regifted a gift they didn't want) a yoghert maker once my mum can barely cook bless her let alone make bloody yoghert. They always give my husband some sort of sweet gift knowing full well he's diabetic honestly wish they wouldn't bother the lack of effort from them is astonishing

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My mum's brother and his wife never put any thought it to presents for my mums side of the family at all (it's all about her side of the family) he bought my mum (more like regifted a gift they didn't want) a yoghert maker once my mum can barely cook bless her let alone make bloody yoghert. They always give my husband some sort of sweet gift knowing full well he's diabetic honestly wish they wouldn't bother the lack of effort from them is astonishing
You see this is where regifting them what they gave you comes in handy. They won’t know for sure it’s the exactly the same item and you say “we loved it so much we wanted to return the favour! Everyone should have their own yoghurt maker.” They should then realise what a tit gift it is and stop buying crap for you. If they don’t at least you haven’t wasted money getting them something nice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Opened my secret Santa gift early it’s definitely from the same person I’ve had for the last few years. A box of salted caramel truffles in a box that looks like it’s already been opened 😂.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Just back from the in-laws. Not opened the present yet but it feels like a book. I'd bet my house it's a cookbook of sorts again. They seem to resent that I'm not the little housewife type.

They also seem to forget that my partner / their son loves cooking so likes that I leave him to it and deal with finances etc. It's like they want us to swap roles when it works this way 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16