Christmas present moans #2 It's Xmas time & here's my present list, buy me what I want or you’ll meet my fist!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone actually like Baylis and Harding? They must only still be in business cause of the people buying them as Christmas gifts 😂
Mine have gone into my regift pile...

The lynx will go to the food bank with another random set. 🤣

Reactions: 10
Does anyone actually like Baylis and Harding? They must only still be in business cause of the people buying them as Christmas gifts 😂
Didn’t they start as a Molton Brown copy? I’ve managed to escape a B&H (Benson&Hedges anyone?!🤣) gift set but I’ll be given them from family members throughout the year when I’m on a charity shop haul 🤣

Reactions: 7
2 padded coat hangers from the MIL. Will swap for some Bayliss & Harding!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I’ve had awful fluffy slippers, size large (I’m a 4) from Poundland. And a mug that is an obvious regift as it looks like a Valentines present, all pink and garish … also from Poundland from a relative who last year sent Body Shop stuff (don’t mind that) and the year before sent a £20 Boots voucher. So I can’t decide whether she’s skint or I’ve done something wrong. (Disclaimer: she’s not skint)

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I’ve had awful fluffy slippers, size large (I’m a 4) from Poundland. And a mug that is an obvious regift as it looks like a Valentines present, all pink and garish … also from Poundland from a relative who last year sent Body Shop stuff (don’t mind that) and the year before sent a £20 Boots voucher. So I can’t decide whether she’s skint or I’ve done something wrong. (Disclaimer: she’s not skint)
Oh I hate when gifts go downhill! An auntie one year bought me a Elemis skincare set (loved it) then last year pyjamas from the White Company (also loved) so I had high expectations this year and got a naff cheap candle from Home Bargains or similar in a box with randomly some Refresher sweets and Lollies put in
Everyone else seemed to get ‘nice’ presents so felt a little off 🤣

Reactions: 9
How do we feel about a regifted hamper? My daughter works in a marketing company. It was obviously gifted to the department. Some of the team took bits, my daughter gifted it to us … husband isn’t pleased I’m a bit meh. He thinks she should have tried harder as we give her money each month to her rent

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
How do we feel about a regifted hamper? My daughter works in a marketing company. It was obviously gifted to the department. Some of the team took bits, my daughter gifted it to us … husband isn’t pleased I’m a bit meh. He thinks she should have tried harder as we give her money each month to her rent
I kinda agree with your husband. It's not so much the gift but the thought that went into it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I kinda agree with your husband. It's not so much the gift but the thought that went into it.
I echo this
Even if the gift was a tenner it still shows thought .,.

I raise everyone the following…

bottle of Port - i dont drink
Bath stuff heavily perfumed - I have bad ecezma
Size 8 pjs - im a 14
Bright red lipstick - im openly self conscious about my lips and teeth

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
tbh it depends what it is. I’m happy to be regifted something that I will love so for example, I am vegan. If someone got given a vegan food hamper they weren’t going to use I’d be more than happy to be regifted that. 1. Cause it means stuff won’t go to waste and 2. Because I will actually enjoy it.

I depends on what your “gift love language” (not sure that’s a thing but roll with it) is. I’d rather something small and thoughtful than a gift for the sake of it. Others just prefer any old thing as that shows thought (the whole “its the thought that counts” thing).

Reactions: 9
I got a lavender cardboard air freshener for the car. I don’t even know who it was from as there is just my name on the tag 🫤

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
My boyfriend got me duck all not even a card!
He said he'll buy me "anything I like" & I'm too hard to buy for... but we'll "go shopping"... not quite the same is it. :mad:
He got his parents bleeping iPad's & tit !
Moi - nada.
(I'm actually quite gutted)

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 71