Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pixxyy

VIP Member
After my failure with handmade Christmas Cards i'm going to start them much earlier this time. Not sure how I didnt have time as my plan is simple 'Ho Ho Ho' with the O being buttons.

Reactions: 6
Step daughter is wanting mini everything so I'm buying a few travel minis every payday to put in her stocking because I know if I don't buy them now won't be any. Plus better for both of us I don't fill her stupidly big stocking with snacks like last year 🫣

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Oh Ive been wearing Christmas PJ's because they are the only ones I have that are not too thick and not too thin. I think a trip to Primark to buy some new PJ's is in order.😋

• Haha
  • Heart

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Probably 10 years ago now I saw a beautiful Spode Christmas tree dinner set for sale on FB for £150. I really considered buying it, but I didn't really have the money at the time, or anywhere to store it.
It was lovely though. Wish I had bought it now! It wasn't just crockery but serving dishes, gravy boat etc as well.
Sorry you missed out. I’ve seen the Spode ones too. Spode also do seconds as well which are cheaper. Maybe they will also put the seasonal ones up too.

---
Instantly thought I bet this is dishwashing as heating/cooling repeatedly will cause cracks in glaze & where joined, a quick google their own advice is quite woolly that it is dishwasher proof but on “lower temperatures” - that’s very subjective lol and I imagine why people are coming unstuck with it (and why they won’t do anything?). I’d say you’re safe just hand wash anything sentimental ❤
Thanks for the reply and for the pottery insight Here. I don’t have a dishwasher (or a microwave) at my current place, so have been handwashing everything.

Perhaps I will reconsider at some point. I’ve become obsessed with Cornishware after ordering two personalised mugs for my brother and another sibling.

For everyday I bought this set from M&S. Then added four mixed Cornishware bowls. Think the same would work for a Christmas dinner setting. You don’t need everything in the Christmas design and can use the basic ones as a base.

IMG_5891.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Got some things from cath kidston sale site that I’ll give for xmas. 2 make up kinda bags, 2 little gift set things (hand cream, body mist, lip balm, hand sanitiser) and then got myself a jumper and earphones, £40 for it. Cheap so even if I wouldn’t want it myself least I’m saving money 😅

Reactions: 5

Cheezychips

Chatty Member
I
Keep it up if it makes you happy!
I still have my lights on outside until the last day!
Oh you've made me remember I have multicoloured flashing solar lights right around the perimeter of the front garden which I had forgotten about as I don't go out at night, they were originally put up for Halloween and I couldn't be arsed taking them down. I swear my neighbours must hate me! Lol, if they were warm white like my back garden ones it would be fine but they look like the friggin circus 🤣 oh sod it, I might as well leave the wreath too 😂

RobotLady

VIP Member
June Christmas Confession -
Last week I spent a small fortune buying The Grinch - Tonies - Characters x 3 because I couldn’t cope with the stress of waiting for them to go on sale closer to Christmas.

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
I can only start in August once my mat leave is over 😩😩
I do the Park Christmas savings then buy a lot Boxing Day (like if people like certain brands/smelly bits) so that has definitely helped the last few years. I get love2shop vouchers

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
My Christmas cake was a bit odd this year. I made the Jane's Patisserie one. When I had my first taste weeks later there was a burst and fizz on my tongue and a taste I couldn't put my finger on. I knew it was the liquid so lemon juice or the rum.
I got another opinion and they thought "a bit Carribeany". I dug out the rum bottle as it had quite a bit of rum in the cake and it said it was Carribeany rum, but I thought rum came from the Carribbean? 🤷
Anyway, a few weeks further on it's delicious but not my idea of Christmas cake. 😁😋

peekachu

Chatty Member
I can’t remember who it was, but someone here mentioned using a catalogue company to save for Christmas - have just seen this dedicated Christmas savings account mentioned on another forum that you might like - 6% is fab!

I recently switched to Nationwide and they currently have an 8% savings account, you can deposit up to £200 per month and withdraw 3 times in a year (but obviously once before Christmas would be best!) 🙂

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
talking of trees though, we got our balsam hill one in june ish with a decent discount, 40% at least. might be worth keeping an eye out for any bank holiday sales if you were thinking of getting one anyway!

• Wow

CS3919

I

Oh you've made me remember I have multicoloured flashing solar lights right around the perimeter of the front garden which I had forgotten about as I don't go out at night, they were originally put up for Halloween and I couldn't be arsed taking them down. I swear my neighbours must hate me! Lol, if they were warm white like my back garden ones it would be fine but they look like the friggin circus 🤣 oh sod it, I might as well leave the wreath too 😂
I don't care what people think, I will celebrate Christmas til the last day 🤣
Once the Christmas stuff comes down then I will put some solar lights outside just to cheer up the dark nights. It's what I like to call winter decor.

• Heart
I delayed getting festive and now I regret it and I had a very overwhelming Christmas. When do you start prepping and preparing?
We have quite a few June and July birthdays so once they’re done, I start putting money away. Then usually start shopping around September but don’t usually get much done until October/November. My goal is always to be finished before December but it never really works out. But at least if I have the bulk done before December it really takes the pressure off.

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I actually don’t 🙈🙈 I just like even numbers so 10 sounded good 🤣🤣
I think it’s good to have spares in your favourite pattern. I still feel bad for breaking my best friend’s IKEA plate when I accidentally dropped it.

I also love Rose Confetti by Royal Albert. It feels sweet and slightly romantic.
---
Got my grandma's and friends Christmas present sorted.
I have a candle in my cupboard that I bought for a gift over a year ago. Only really have my auntie to gift it to but she always gets candles so don't know whether to get her something else. But no idea what.
Also no idea what to get my uncle and grandad. We only do small gifts so any suggestions?
You could get photos printed and put into a small album. A copy of a book they said they wanted to read. A handwritten letter saying that you appreciate them.

My sister’s friend loves oranges and is always handing them out at work. She found an Orange serving plate and she’s going to give it to her with some oranges. 🍊

That’s the plate:

IMG_5945.jpeg

---
Also Flying Tiger have Christmas mugs on sale online.
---
IMG_5972.jpeg
IMG_5973.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow

HoGi

VIP Member
Just preordered an advent calendar for my husband. He looks sweets and this is one that has different sweets behind each window. He gets frustrated with the haribo one as most of them are the same.

• Heart