Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When does everyone put their tree up? I’d love to be a November putter upper but my little boys birthday is the beginning of December so I have to wait until I’ve done the whole birthday display then put my tree up, feel like I don’t get use out of it 😢
I usually put mine up 25th November but I’m due my baby on the 7th December, I didn’t even think about not being able to decorate until it’s birthday is over 😱 oh well I‘ll still put them up anyway hopefully it will love Christmas just like me 😆

Reactions: 1
When does everyone put their tree up? I’d love to be a November putter upper but my little boys birthday is the beginning of December so I have to wait until I’ve done the whole birthday display then put my tree up, feel like I don’t get use out of it 😢
Never before December, it's too long and there's a point I want the space in our house to feel bigger again. My husband's birthday is also early December so ours usually goes up around a week into December.

Is his birthday before 6 December (St Nicholas Day)? That could be a good time to do it if so.

Reactions: 2
That would be my excuse to put them up earlier as you don't know if you're going to be early or late and then you probably won't feel like it.

Reactions: 1
That would be my excuse to put them up earlier as you don't know if you're going to be early or late and then you probably won't feel like it.
Yeah I’ll put them up a bit earlier this year just incase 😆

LOVE this thread, just found it yesterday and binge read 😂 I LOVE Christmas, my birthday is on Christmas Day which ironically I’ve always hated to be fair but I love Christmas so much! This was my local home bargains today 😍 loads of xmas Disney stuff! I’m sure I read someone was going to Disney for their kids xmas present? Wee Disney xmas eve boxes and loads of wee Disney bits to put in 🥰

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I always used to put our tree up on December 20th (my son's birthday is the 19th, sod came 5 weeks early so we had to spend his first Christmas in hospital) and then take it down the evening of boxing day (we always went to my nans boxing day and once that was done for me Christmas was over). COVID made me change my ways. Tree now goes up around the 1st December and comes down once I've had enough and want my house straight, which is usually a day or two after boxing day. My nan used to put her tree up Christmas Eve, once my mum and her 3 brothers were asleep, and take it down the day after boxing day 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5
St Nicholas Day is usually when I get started with decorations and so on. I also change my tea towels, etc, to the Christmas ones. Put on the Christmas radio station, have a glass of something festive and lean into it all.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I’ll put them up a bit earlier this year just incase 😆
And you can get some cute photos of the newborn under the tree!
---
I like to take my tree down before New Year's Eve so I can start the new year with a clean and tidy house. It goes up early to mid December.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And you can get some cute photos of the newborn under the tree!
---
I like to take my tree down before New Year's Eve so I can start the new year with a clean and tidy house. It goes up early to mid December.
Aw I can’t wait to try and get some of the baby and dog together by the tree and fireplace 🙈

• Heart
I need to start buying stuff now but I don’t have children so thinking of what I can start stocking up
On now

I have ordered 3 and a 6ft pre lit 😬😬
I'm tempted to order another one which I have no room for, although my main tree has seen better days. I pick mine up tomorrow

Reactions: 4
I'm tempted to order another one which I have no room for, although my main tree has seen better days. I pick mine up tomorrow
I'm picking mine up tomorrow too. To be fair I got one each for me, my sister and my mum. I wasn't going to get the 6ft as I normally have a real tree but my husband said it was such a good deal we might as well try it

Reactions: 3
I seriously do not need a tree but I am very tempted to buy a £1.50 one just because it's such a bargain!! 😂

Reactions: 8
I just remembered we were supposed to be going to France this week on the train (Eurostar and then domestic trains) but cancelled a while ago, didn't move the Eurostar tickets at the time so have just done so (that would have been a costly error or a very last minute trip to Paris) and so it looks like we're off to Strasbourg in December for the Christmas markets! Just need to book a train to and from Paris once they become bookable (I have set up an alert). Woohoo. Feeling very Christmassy now.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Haha says on the trees 'selling fast' well they will do when they are £1.50 for a 4ft one and £25 for a 6ft pre lit Habitat one 🤭

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.