Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's still June. 🤣

I don't actually tend to do much myself. I didn't decorate or buy a tree last year.

I don't buy presents for my parents or my siblings as the youngest is now 20.

I skipped going to my grandfather's house, so didn't feel the pressure of buying for my cousin's kids or aunt.

I bought gifts for four people. Three of them were just £10 Starbucks gift cards with a small note attached. Even though it was small I still got hugs. Someone else got a £25 M&S gift card and a box of fruit delivered to his home.

I've always found I enjoyed counting down the days to Christmas as it was something to look forward to.

I love all the movies and the lights the most.

Have you thought about Christmas? What are your plans?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
No idea yet. I tend to spend Christmas with my family, so I don't bother decorating my flat.

Hopefully this year though I don't end up feeling really ill due to a combination of alcohol and a chest infection again, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This year will be more expensive for me as
I work full time and live alone. Before I could scrounge off the gift my parents were giving 😂

Reactions: 2
Although its only June and the sun is out IM ALL FOR THIS THREAD! 🤣🙌🎅🎄🎁
No idea what my plans are yet but I have been noting down idea for gifts if I see things I think someone would like or they mention something they like.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Last year one of my kids woke up poorly on Christmas morning, and I didn't have to see my in laws . It was lovely to have a relaxed day in the house , we enjoyed it so much more , it was much better. I'm hoping for a similar vibe this year minus the illness!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20

I don't actually tend to do much myself. I didn't decorate or buy a tree last year.

I skipped going to my grandfather's house, so didn't feel the pressure of buying for my cousin's kids or aunt.

I bought gifts for four people. Three of them were just £10 Starbucks gift cards with a small note attached. Even though it was small I still got hugs. Someone else got a £25 M&S gift card and a box of fruit delivered to his home.

I've always found I enjoyed counting down the days to Christmas as it was something to look forward to.

I always think about christmas 🤣 i just love the darker evenings, the christmas lights, winter walks, snuggling up with a hot drink & the music! Especially the old fashion christmas songs. I have found some wonderful playlists on youtube that i will share for anyone else who loves the oldies. Watching this thread closely! Love to all x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My sister keeps asking who is hosting Xmas this year (she's been asking since January 🙄) as I normally host (bigger house - not a brag just more practical) and they want to host this year.

I sound like a brat but I really don't want them to host Xmas. To me Xmas Dinner is such a big thing and her husband is a great cook but he is totally style over substance. Their dining table is in an unheated conservatory and they only have 1 oven (we like 2 meats so isnt easy with a single oven). When they hosted Easter last year the food looked great but was cold. We had purple carrots and cavelo nero etc. All nice stuff but it's not a traditional Xmas/easter dinner.

Also they never have a roast dinner during the year. Whereas me and the husband have them every other week, so we are dab hands at a roast.

We stayed at theirs last weekend and he burnt a bagel when making breakfast and it was this huge disaster. So God forbid something goes wrong with Xmas dinner.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My sister keeps asking who is hosting Xmas this year (she's been asking since January 🙄) as I normally host (bigger house - not a brag just more practical) and they want to host this year.

I sound like a brat but I really don't want them to host Xmas. To me Xmas Dinner is such a big thing and her husband is a great cook but he is totally style over substance. Their dining table is in an unheated conservatory and they only have 1 oven (we like 2 meats so isnt easy with a single oven). When they hosted Easter last year the food looked great but was cold. We had purple carrots and cavelo nero etc. All nice stuff but it's not a traditional Xmas/easter dinner.

Also they never have a roast dinner during the year. Whereas me and the husband have them every other week, so we are dab hands at a roast.

We stayed at theirs last weekend and he burnt a bagel when making breakfast and it was this huge disaster. So God forbid something goes wrong with Xmas dinner.
You can make sure you have a turkey and another meat for boxing day.

Just go with flow, turned up dressed up to the nines and be pleased you don't need to do the cooking

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love Christmas! My little girl will be 2 and half this year so it will be lovely to see her excited and start to understand. I think we’ll do a Christmas light walk and Santa visit again and will probably go to my parents house for Christmas Day and my partner’s parents for Boxing Day.
Lots of presents to buy this year as everyone keeps having babies so I think I’ll start making a list soon and start buying bits here and there!

Does anybody know what they want for Christmas this year?
I think I’m going to ask for some Ugg slippers.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For my birthday/ Christmas I just want a new notebook from Papier.

1685873846316.png

One of these two books too which I've had in my Wishlist for ages.

1685874231097.png

Reactions: 9

Well either say ‘I am’ ( for all the reasons you mentioned 😁) or let her have a turn and enjoy having a relaxing day where someone else does all the running round.

Reactions: 8
Well either say ‘I am’ ( for all the reasons you mentioned 😁) or let her have a turn and enjoy having a relaxing day where someone else does all the running round.
Husband agrees it wouldn't be relaxing them hosting. They get too flustered so it rubs off on everyone else (i.e. bagel gate the other day). Also not enough sofas and no dishwasher. So would be more stressful all round 😭

But she is adamant they want to host at least once.

Reactions: 1
Husband agrees it wouldn't be relaxing them hosting. They get too flustered so it rubs off on everyone else (i.e. bagel gate the other day). Also not enough sofas and no dishwasher. So would be more stressful all round 😭

But she is adamant they want to host at least once.
Think you’ve got your answer then 🎄 😅

Reactions: 8
I can’t wait for Christmas! Our first baby is due in autumn and I can’t wait to start doing all little traditions. I know they won’t have a clue but I’ll enjoy it 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 28

I love this, would be absolute perfection for me.

I grew up with a hot Xmas and really miss it. Normally one smallish gift for everyone in the family and then off to church. We have a bbq with friend/famliy and then normally off to the beach to end the day. Unless the bbq was at the beach!

I’ve been in the UK 20 years but still prefer the hot Xmas as it’s much more laid back.

However for obvs reasons a cold Xmas has it’s own charm, it’s, well, more Christmassy!
The only thing is we have to go round my inlaws and the gift giving is absurd. It’s all about quantity and the £££ spent. I hate it.

My perfect UK Xmas would be a laid back affair, family and friends welcome, no gifts, watching films and pigging out.
Alternatively I’m dying to go away just me and Mr Lolz.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.