Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gutted no stores near me have the Argos trees and they aren’t available for delivery

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I just went onto both the £25 and £1.50 trees and both say not available at the moment won’t even let me on the page!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I just remembered we were supposed to be going to France this week on the train (Eurostar and then domestic trains) but cancelled a while ago, didn't move the Eurostar tickets at the time so have just done so (that would have been a costly error or a very last minute trip to Paris) and so it looks like we're off to Strasbourg in December for the Christmas markets! Just need to book a train to and from Paris once they become bookable (I have set up an alert). Woohoo. Feeling very Christmassy now.
Strasbourg Christmas markets are fab, I went last year! You’ll have a lovely time 😍

Reactions: 1
Of all the things I thought I’d ever go viral for bargain Christmas trees was not it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
😭😭😭
Screenshot_20230813_201110_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230813_201127_Chrome.jpg

---
All this talk of Christmas trees is getting me excited 🤩.
We are a real tree family. We make a day of it, usually the first weekend in December. We have a nice festive breakfast then go out and choose one. We have to make sure everyone agrees on it and is happy. Only once has it been too tall 🤣. All adds to the day though 🤗. All our baubles are different, nothing matching and colour schemes here. They all have sentimental value, either ones we've had made with their tiny handprints on when they were babies, ones they've made at school etc. It's always nice looking through them, with the kids saying "Ahh look at this one" and "OMG I remember that" 🥺. We let them decorate it and I make slight adjustments when their in bed 😉. All with Christmas music blaring. Usually me getting emotional about when our almost 16 year old used to dance to rocking around the christmas tree when he was a toddler.

Only one rule which is Strictly no tinsel downstairs though!

They have multicoloured tacky, garish, Tinsley Christmas trees in their bedrooms. Which they adore! My daughters is bright pink and she loves it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I always used to put our tree up on December 20th (my son's birthday is the 19th, sod came 5 weeks early so we had to spend his first Christmas in hospital) and then take it down the evening of boxing day (we always went to my nans boxing day and once that was done for me Christmas was over). COVID made me change my ways. Tree now goes up around the 1st December and comes down once I've had enough and want my house straight, which is usually a day or two after boxing day. My nan used to put her tree up Christmas Eve, once my mum and her 3 brothers were asleep, and take it down the day after boxing day 😂

Yes, I agree with you. Since COVID there seems to be a lot of people (includind me) who put their decorations up earlier than before.

Ours now go up no later than 1st December. I love Xmas, I'm 67 and it just gets better every year. My grandson will be 18 months this Xmas and I can't wait to see his little face light up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Dobbie's the garden centre also had some nice baubles last year that might look vintage.

I generally like traditional ones, not avocados. :ROFLMAO:
---
The natural history museum had dinosaurs. I loved the imperial war museums ones too though- Santa's in war planes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The habitat website still has them but have to pick up from Argos. My local has some left for pick up but I can’t drive so I’d look mental taking a 6ft tree on a bus or taxi in August🤣 might get a couple of the mini ones for the bedroom and office though, I could hide them in bags

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I bought this Christmas joke loo roll last year and it was a success. Every time someone went to the toilet, they came back telling us all the joke they had read on the toilet roll while they were peeing. 😅. I bought it for £2 in The Works. I'm definitely getting another one this Christmas 🎄 😁

Screenshot_20230813_224852_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I usually put mine up 25th November but I’m due my baby on the 7th December, I didn’t even think about not being able to decorate until it’s birthday is over 😱 oh well I‘ll still put them up anyway hopefully it will love Christmas just like me 😆
my sons birthday is a few days before your due date. He loves Christmas more than his birthday, we’ve always had the tree up before or even on his birthday! Every year he says he loves that his birthday is in Christmas month and he’s quite happy to have the Santa visit/garden centre dec shopping etc for part of his birthday. Hopefully for you your new little one will embrace it too 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yeah I’ll put them up a bit earlier this year just incase 😆
My baby was due 7th December last year 😊 I put my tree up mid November when I had the energy haha. She ended up being 2 weeks late so this year I think I'll just continue to be a beginning of December putter upper

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I bought this Christmas joke loo roll last year and it was a success. Every time someone went to the toilet, they came back telling us all the joke they had read on the toilet roll while they were peeing. 😅. I bought it for £2 in The Works. I'm definitely getting another one this Christmas 🎄 😁

View attachment 2378818
You've influenced me, this thread is more influential than any influencers are.

• Haha
  • Heart
Must have pissed off someone at Argos as they’ve completely removed the listings for those trees 🫣

• Haha
home bargains had popcorn shed boxes in if anyone looking for foodie stocking fillers! got my dad one last year (pecan pie) so have picked three up for him this year (cheese, berry and xmas pud). different flavours were either 99p or £1.50 instead of £4 each

Reactions: 6
home bargains had popcorn shed boxes in if anyone looking for foodie stocking fillers! got my dad one last year (pecan pie) so have picked three up for him this year (cheese, berry and xmas pud). different flavours were either 99p or £1.50 instead of £4 each
I got one for someone last year and they said they were really nice.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.