Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone likes traditional PJ's.

Ralph Lauren (John Lewis down to £55)

1691783497808.png

Or £35 personalised M&S ones you can order now! I wouldn't have a problem wearing from the men's section.

Reactions: 9
we got a pre-lit balsam hill one for like a third of the price in july 2021. so easy to put up and we were due an upgrade as the old one was basically bald after a decade of fluffing it out. if you do have separate lights though wrapping them round a coat hanger makes sure they don't tangle!

Reactions: 1
I actually enjoy putting the lights on! I would love a balsam hill though 🤩

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I always have a real tree but i despise putting the lights on. Wish we could somehow breed Christmas trees to be naturally pre-lit

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There's some really cute cheap and cheerful christmas stuff on Shein - cards, wrapping paper, notepads, pens, decorations, etc, put a few things on my wishlist already 😊

Reactions: 3
Anyone know if the Knaresborough or Harrogate Christmas markets are any good?
I think I heard good things about the Country Living Christmas Fair in Harrogate 🤔
and I have been to a Fayre at York racecourse in November one year that was spacious and sold good stuff that could have been the Living magazine one 🤔
You would have been to Living North at the racecourse, very good stalls/bits being sold! I wouldn’t recommend travelling to Harrogate for their market, it’s tiny, unless you couple it up with some Xmas shopping/Bettys Xmas afternoon tea! It was mainly food stalls last year and pointless tat xx

Reactions: 2
I always have a real tree but i despise putting the lights on. Wish we could somehow breed Christmas trees to be naturally pre-lit
No, we all need to be a Samantha and just wiggle our nose and the tree magically lights up 😁 #Bewitched
---
You would have been to Living North at the racecourse, very good stalls/bits being sold! I wouldn’t recommend travelling to Harrogate for their market, it’s tiny, unless you couple it up with some Xmas shopping/Bettys Xmas afternoon tea! It was mainly food stalls last year and pointless tat xx
I've been to the Living North at York racecourse? and I enjoyed it as it was spacious and they had good things 😁

I've also seen amazing things at those shows in Harrogate Exhibition Centre but gave up when they got too overcrowded, as you couldn't get near the stalls and you had to move with the crowd or be trampled underfoot.

I usually find Christmas markets boring. I was interested in the Country Living Fair but don't want to go alone. The people I know go with their mothers. Apart from that no one seems to want to do anything at the moment as they're so down and stressed. It gets exhausting trying to summon up enthusiasm for things when I get no's all the time.

ETA I expect I'll put your back up saying this but I've never rated Betty's apart from the fat rascals 😋
Queue for ages, pay an arm and a leg and come out hungry. I'd rather go to Farrah's cafe down the hill in Harrogate. I've not been for ages, so hope it hasn't changed.

Last edited:
If anyone likes traditional PJ's.

Ralph Lauren (John Lewis down to £55)

View attachment 2373832

Or £35 personalised M&S ones you can order now! I wouldn't have a problem wearing from the men's section.

[/URL]
I wish I found these pyjamas comfy, they look so cute and christmassy, like you’re in a film, unfortunately I hate the feeling of too much fabric on me in bed😂

Not quite Christmassy but I got some good autumn decorations in Primark last week. Gonna wait a few weeks to put them out but its like the acceptable gateway to Xmas in September

Reactions: 1
I wish I found these pyjamas comfy, they look so cute and christmassy, like you’re in a film, unfortunately I hate the feeling of too much fabric on me in bed😂

Not quite Christmassy but I got some good autumn decorations in Primark last week. Gonna wait a few weeks to put them out but its like the acceptable gateway to Xmas in September
You should do what my daughter does. Sleep in something else then put them on to come downstairs and open presenters in.

Reactions: 6
the range had some xmas stuff out today, a small section for home bits like candles and an aisle in the craft section too

I’m a HUGE Christmas nerd but I’ve not had a Christmas tree in over a decade, started out because I was single and working abroad a lot so saw no need, then when I met Mr Meg and we had a child who turned out to be part-flying squirrel we thought it best to avoid the inevitable destruction. We also live in a teeny tiny cottage and there’s not much room, if we bought a tree it would need to be size appropriate and as we are hoping to move asap it seems silly to blow the budget on a nice tree before we have the space to justify it.

…..But kiddo is growing fast and I realised tonight we only have 4-6 Christmasses left of scampering downstairs eagerly checking if Santa has been, and it made me really sad so maybe we can find a compromise, a smaller cheaper tree that we don’t mind getting attacked. So I checked online and found that Argos has some sort of glitch on the Christmas trees, they’ve got 2ft ones priced at £90, 4ft at £1.50, and 6ft pre lit for £25, it’s all over the place! I’ve ordered the 6ft one to quality check, thought I should share in case anyone else needs a bargain option!

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Believe it or not...I am utterly done for this year.

Everyone's presents have been bought and I've decided I'll book into a hotel for this year. It stresses me out too much staying with relatives. I can't escape easily.

I even have the wrapping paper and cards. My work is done. It's just that I feel like I have to make everyone else happy and it's a huge effort.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Believe it or not...I am utterly done for this year.

Everyone's presents have been bought and I've decided I'll book into a hotel for this year. It stresses me out too much staying with relatives. I can't escape easily.

I even have the wrapping paper and cards. My work is done. It's just that I feel like I have to make everyone else happy and it's a huge effort.
You’re an inspiration to me now

Reactions: 4
I’m a HUGE Christmas nerd but I’ve not had a Christmas tree in over a decade, started out because I was single and working abroad a lot so saw no need, then when I met Mr Meg and we had a child who turned out to be part-flying squirrel we thought it best to avoid the inevitable destruction. We also live in a teeny tiny cottage and there’s not much room, if we bought a tree it would need to be size appropriate and as we are hoping to move asap it seems silly to blow the budget on a nice tree before we have the space to justify it.

…..But kiddo is growing fast and I realised tonight we only have 4-6 Christmasses left of scampering downstairs eagerly checking if Santa has been, and it made me really sad so maybe we can find a compromise, a smaller cheaper tree that we don’t mind getting attacked. So I checked online and found that Argos has some sort of glitch on the Christmas trees, they’ve got 2ft ones priced at £90, 4ft at £1.50, and 6ft pre lit for £25, it’s all over the place! I’ve ordered the 6ft one to quality check, thought I should share in case anyone else needs a bargain option!
Thank you for the Argos tree post!! I just got the £1.50 one. I'm gunna put it in my daughters playroom and she can decorate it 😁🎄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Thank you for the Argos tree post!! I just got the £1.50 one. I'm gunna put it in my daughters playroom and she can decorate it 😁🎄
I also got that one! Some shatterproof baubles and tinsel later and we might have the big one escape a mauling whilst kiddo is busy with the sacrificial tree 😂
IMG_9126.jpeg

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.