Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I've been inspired by this group to buy myself and Mr Lolz a Christmas Eve box 😆 Now just have to figure out what to put into it. Thinking PJ's and some snacks

Reactions: 8
Yeh they have done boxing day buffet before just adamant they want to do the big day for all of us this year 😭😭
Could they precook the meat and apple sauce in November then freeze in portions, buy in other stuff,then all they have to do is the veg?

Could they precook the meat and apple sauce in November then freeze in portions, buy in other stuff,then all they have to do is the veg?
They could but wouldn't. Her husband likes to think he is some sort of masterchef and is 100% style over substance, which is my biggest issue. He wants to do a fancy dinner when I want traditional Xmas Dinner.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I was in Tesco today. All the tubs of Heroes, Roses and Celebrations are already out. It's starting .....

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I was in Tesco today. All the tubs of Heroes, Roses and Celebrations are already out. It's starting .....
I still have Quality Street from last year. Mostly because Ocado reduced the tins down to less than a small box and the tins are pretty. Plastic ones aren't the same 😒

Reactions: 1
I still have Quality Street from last year. Mostly because Ocado reduced the tins down to less than a small box and the tins are pretty. Plastic ones aren't the same 😒
Are they still in date? Now if I see some in the supermarkets I might pick a tin up for Christmas. 😊

Are they still in date? Now if I see some in the supermarkets I might pick a tin up for Christmas. 😊
Just checked and the best before is 06/23. I'll keep nibbling them though and have already smashed the purple ones. Obviously.

Reactions: 3
been meaning to get a john lewis personalised tin since 2021 but just never got round to it! much prefer the metal tubs to plastic ones

Reactions: 4
Oh Christmas is my favourite time of year!! I love dark evenings, movies with blankets and snacks the lot!

Every month myself and my husband put money into a Christmas savings pot purely for our sons presents. This gives us peace of mind that should we be short near Christmas we know he’s still getting presents. He’s still young and very much believes in Santa. We love creating the magic of it all!! And yes he is spoilt on birthdays and Christmas but you’re only young once!

I don’t have much family but our Christmas is spent just us 3. We do gift exchange with family on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day is spent opening presents, eating, playing and watching films. No one visits us and we don’t visit them and honestly I love it that way. We do FaceTime family but I enjoy it just being us 3 and allowing my son the time to enjoy all his new toys.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can anybody recommend a person/channel on youtube or similar for crafting. I don't youtube (or craft) a lot but I fancy painting my own christmas eve boxes and maybe making some other bits

Can anybody recommend a person/channel on youtube or similar for crafting. I don't youtube (or craft) a lot but I fancy painting my own christmas eve boxes and maybe making some other bits
Also Cats Protection do "Craft for Cats" 4 x a year which is a live (via Facebook online) crafting session. They sell the kits for the set craft of each season but I've found them most fun so far & good to convert bits to gifts too

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That sounds interesting plus for a good cause, so bonus feel good points :m

thank you
Next one is an embroidery one (obviously the kits are all cat themed!) But usually get discount codes for the people who run them to get different kits if you want to carry on. This year we've done clay pots & quilling. Last year had block printing, mosaic coaster, needle painting & needle felting.

Next one is an embroidery one (obviously the kits are all cat themed!) But usually get discount codes for the people who run them to get different kits if you want to carry on. This year we've done clay pots & quilling. Last year had block printing, mosaic coaster, needle painting & needle felting.
Do you have a link to share? I looked online but couldn't find anything about this

Do you have a link to share? I looked online but couldn't find anything about this

There ya go :) you can only sign up for the upcoming one (sometimes the last one has extra kits but not always) then can sign up for reminders for future ones. Next can order now - live event is 16th September but can do before of course.
---
ETA - the 2 done so far this year are allowing kit orders on there too

Reactions: 2
Which supermarket is it where the Christmas chocolate tins have been spotted? I might take a trip. 🤭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.