Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love to start shopping but I always like to wait until I know what people want or need nearer the time? I know that sounds boring and not very surprising but I’ve done this in the past where I’ve bought someone their fave perfume for example and they’ve said near to Christmas “oh I’ve got millions of perfume at the moment” or something like that, so I try and pick on conversational things they might like, or outright ask people what they want for Xmas closer to the time 😂

Reactions: 6
I was flicking through the channels last night and on QVC they were flogging Kelly Hoppen Christmas decorations. The presenters were dressed all Christmassy and the studio was decorated. It was raining outside and I could almost kid myself it was winter!

Reactions: 14
I would love to start shopping but I always like to wait until I know what people want or need nearer the time? I know that sounds boring and not very surprising but I’ve done this in the past where I’ve bought someone their fave perfume for example and they’ve said near to Christmas “oh I’ve got millions of perfume at the moment” or something like that, so I try and pick on conversational things they might like, or outright ask people what they want for Xmas closer to the time 😂
Yeah there's some people I wouldn't buy for until nearer the time. Like my husband who is prone to changing his mind at the last minute! But there's some things I always get e.g. my nephews always get new pyjamas as part of their gift and I have an aunty where we have a tradition of exchanging gifts of funny socks, so I can get those ticked off early usually.

Reactions: 4
I was flicking through the channels last night and on QVC they were flogging Kelly Hoppen Christmas decorations. The presenters were dressed all Christmassy and the studio was decorated. It was raining outside and I could almost kid myself it was winter!
I think its Christmas all day today on QVC.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh I love watching the shopping channels when the Christmas stuff is on, especially around Sept/Oct time to get in Christmas mood :D and the weather is starting to turn chilly and it's cosy indoors 🤗

Never bought anything :ROFLMAO: it's too expensive, but I like watching them waffle on

Reactions: 2
QVC are doing there usual Christmas in July thing. Might have it on just now 🙈 🤭

The craft channels have been doing Christmas stuff for a little while now as well.

I have banned myself from buying anything as I have a more than enough Christmas decorations and enough craft stuff to open a small shop.

Reactions: 3
my mum had this on yesterday - they had a customer guests each hour which was a nice idea but this one when asked where else except the tree she'd use the decs said she actually hated them !!! wanted to die inside tbh it was sooo awkward bc kelly hoppen looked pissed awf

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Yeah there's some people I wouldn't buy for until nearer the time. Like my husband who is prone to changing his mind at the last minute! But there's some things I always get e.g. my nephews always get new pyjamas as part of their gift and I have an aunty where we have a tradition of exchanging gifts of funny socks, so I can get those ticked off early usually.
I got my partner novelty socks as a joke Christmas gift last year, I got a photo of his childhood teddy bear printed on socks and he loved them, he wears them every Sunday 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My husband will more than likely be working away this Christmas (railway project engineer) and we (me, child, dogs) wanted to go with him but currently we are struggling to get an Airbnb/accommodation within a 30min drive of the site 😢 we have small families and it’s my sister year to have my mum and Christmas just isn’t the same without my husband being home (I absolutely love cooking Christmas dinner!!)

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My husband will more than likely be working away this Christmas (railway project engineer) and we (me, child, dogs) wanted to go with him but currently we are struggling to get an Airbnb/accommodation within a 30min drive of the site 😢 we have small families and it’s my sister year to have my mum and Christmas just isn’t the same without my husband being home (I absolutely love cooking Christmas dinner!!)
Around two years ago all of my cousins were working. They just did "Christmas early" , perhaps you could do similar?

Reactions: 6
my mum had this on yesterday - they had a customer guests each hour which was a nice idea but this one when asked where else except the tree she'd use the decs said she actually hated them !!! wanted to die inside tbh it was sooo awkward bc kelly hoppen looked pissed awf
Ha ha sounds like TV gold! I bet some poor researcher got it in the neck for that one!

Around two years ago all of my cousins were working. They just did "Christmas early" , perhaps you could do similar?
yeah we will do Christmas dinner before he goes away but I hate him being in a hotel over Christmas. He worked Christmas 2020 when lockdowns came back in - I’d organised a Christmas dinner to be delivered to him at King’s Cross where he worked but it got cancelled last minute because of the lockdowns (felt so sorry for the pub as they went above and beyond for me and their customers then had to Cancel at the last minute). Don’t want to confuse our little girl and have presents a different day etc.

Reactions: 1
yeah we will do Christmas dinner before he goes away but I hate him being in a hotel over Christmas. He worked Christmas 2020 when lockdowns came back in - I’d organised a Christmas dinner to be delivered to him at King’s Cross where he worked but it got cancelled last minute because of the lockdowns (felt so sorry for the pub as they went above and beyond for me and their customers then had to Cancel at the last minute). Don’t want to confuse our little girl and have presents a different day etc.
How old is she? Will she notice its a different day?

How old is she? Will she notice its a different day?
She’s 6 and will be 7. She’s currently counting down days to our holiday and has done since 25 days ago (we are now on 3 to go). She will know the difference because of advent calendar and school countdown 🤣 there’s no tricking this kid xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Husband agrees it wouldn't be relaxing them hosting. They get too flustered so it rubs off on everyone else (i.e. bagel gate the other day). Also not enough sofas and no dishwasher. So would be more stressful all round 😭

But she is adamant they want to host at least once.
They could do a buffet for Boxing Day. I used to do Xmas day for my mum and then she'd have Boxing Day at hers with a buffet. Far less stress. Then they could have people pop in or stay. So you might end up getting Xmas day on your own at your house and then go to hers for Boxing Day.
It depends how you want to work it.

They could do a buffet for Boxing Day. I used to do Xmas day for my mum and then she'd have Boxing Day at hers with a buffet. Far less stress. Then they could have people pop in or stay. So you might end up getting Xmas day on your own at your house and then go to hers for Boxing Day.
It depends how you want to work it.
Yeh they have done boxing day buffet before just adamant they want to do the big day for all of us this year 😭😭

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.