Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sounds lovely, part of me wishes I could spend one Christmas without the in laws or my parents and have a Christmas alone with my other half

Reactions: 7
What’s it like in Australia at Christmas?
Outdoor BBQ and dancing under the sprinkler on a 40 degree day 🥵. The weather is usually nice but it’s a pain having to wait until after 9pm to see Christmas lights. Not many people do lights because sunset is so late

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Outdoor BBQ and dancing under the sprinkler on a 40 degree day 🥵. The weather is usually nice but it’s a pain having to wait until after 9pm to see Christmas lights. Not many people do lights because sunset is so late
Do you guys drink mulled wine

Reactions: 1
My best xmas for the last few years was Xmas 2020. Home alone, had a xmas dinner delivery (some places near me still do it so check the carveries out - why cook!). Stayed in xmas PJs all day, watching crap xmas films, having a beverage (usually have to drive somewhere so can't) or 12. Could open presents and pull faces at the questionable items without fear of offending. I am a xmas nut and very, very used to solo life 🤣 but I had the actual best day.

Plus you can message me whenever and I'll try be entertaining 🤣
Not everyones cup of tea but I'd actually love xmas alone. Get loads of booze and nice bits in from M&S. Sit with my feet up in front of the tv whilst also admiring my tree and browsing tattle. Cook something nice but easy like lasagne. But apparently it's anti social and my family get offended when i suggest I don't visit. But then I'm not close to my family, and only have a small one, and see them most weeks anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That sounds lovely, part of me wishes I could spend one Christmas without the in laws or my parents and have a Christmas alone with my other half
A couple of years ago Covid cancelled all our Christmas plans and my hubby and I spent it alone and had sausages and mash for Christmas dinner. It was lovely.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Not everyones cup of tea but I'd actually love xmas alone. Get loads of booze and nice bits in from M&S. Sit with my feet up in front of the tv whilst also admiring my tree and browsing tattle. Cook something nice but easy like lasagne. But apparently it's anti social and my family get offended when i suggest I don't visit. But then I'm not close to my family, and only have a small one, and see them most weeks anyway
Absolutely. Most of my family have passed away (Mum included) so I didn't want to sit there with empty seats on a day I love. So I chose me and either go to a friends or Absolutely happily stay home alone. People seem to get offended by people either being alone xmas day or say it's selfish. Good. I've been through enough ta so I'll be goddam selfish to make myself happy.

These folk don't care about you being alone on the other 364 days a year either 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I need to stop reading this thread before bed, last night I dreamt it was 23rd December and I’d done no Christmas shopping 🙈🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Buzzing to see this thread, I love Christmas! 😂

I usually go on my summer holiday in September and then start my present buying when I get back. However I've started browsing ideas in the last few days, probably because it feels like it's already autumn. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
My brother's ex used to despair that I didn't want to come round to hers or her family's for Christmas dinner or the pub or anything other than vegging out in my PJs and getting merry alone. But I've been in big dinners and never felt more lonely.

Men that I've seen are few and far between so why put up with someone else's family for some dry turkey and cold spuds? At least on my own, no one makes me watch the inbred crew speech or other such nonsense. Plus the remote control is mine, all mine.

Bring on the heavily soaked trifle and mince pies, at this point. Anything but false bonhomie and gritting my teeth through other people's awful politics and opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I got some too and it was a brand. Cost me 4p after Christmas. 😁😋
Oh you did good. Think mine was a whole 12p! I bet I still manage to cock up making them.

Also just realised I binned my cake tin about a month ago. That's that then 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Love this thread! I save from January every year so I don’t feel the financial pressures of Christmas as much so every time I see my savings acct online I think of Xmas 😂 already thought about what I’ll ask my husband for as a present as well! Christmas is well and truly in my head even if it is Summer!

Reactions: 8
Worried about Christmas this year as I’ve just finished uni and I’m struggling to find a job… rejection after rejection and I’m running out of money🥲 I hope that it’ll work out for me soon as I LOVE autumn and winter and can’t resist buying seasonal things and going all out for presents!🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.