Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When does the Fortnum’s Christmas shop usually open? I’ve got a couple of trips planned to London before Christmas.

A few years ago I won a Fortnum’s hamper at Christmas, was lovely.

Reactions: 5
What's the Liberty's Christmas like?
Rubbish. I was seriously disappointed
---
When does the Fortnum’s Christmas shop usually open? I’ve got a couple of trips planned to London before Christmas.

A few years ago I won a Fortnum’s hamper at Christmas, was lovely.
I've been in early ish November before and it was open then - I think they're later than the others...i.e not July 😂
---
ETA. F&M website says 18th September for the in store Christmas Shop but has decorations online now

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Rubbish. I was seriously disappointed
---

I've been in early ish November before and it was open then - I think they're later than the others...i.e not July 😂
---
ETA. F&M website says 18th September for the in store Christmas Shop but has decorations online now
So does that mean the John Lewis one is rubbish as well?

Reactions: 1
So does that mean the John Lewis one is rubbish as well?
John Lewis I've always liked. Liberty was just a bit...meh. Very few "Liberty" based xmas items (like Harrods, Fortnums, JL etc all do their own branded items) whereas Liberty didn't seem to. Liberty in general disappoints me mind but others love it so it's all down to what you want/like in an experience. F&M will always be my favourite

Reactions: 1
I have bought Fortnums condiments before for the Christmas table eg Fortnums cranberry sauce, chutney for cheese etc All left in the jar on the table obvs so everyone knows were it's comes from. 🤣
Tracklements condiments. That's all I can say 👀👀👀👀

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
John Lewis I've always liked. Liberty was just a bit...meh. Very few "Liberty" based xmas items (like Harrods, Fortnums, JL etc all do their own branded items) whereas Liberty didn't seem to. Liberty in general disappoints me mind but others love it so it's all down to what you want/like in an experience. F&M will always be my favourite
Good I had the same opinion of Liberty's when I visited London. Might pop into Leeds John Lewis next time I'm near there. 😁

Reactions: 2
Good I had the same opinion of Liberty's when I visited London. Might pop into Leeds John Lewis next time I'm near there. 😁
Yeah JL is always very festive feeling - I do like a pop in there around xmas. Liberty is definitely a marmite shop. Architecture wise its quite the building....and that's where the good ends tbh 😂 not entirely sure why I signed up for their beauty box as sweet FA I wanna buy from them haha may get some perfume 🤷‍♀️

Well I've started prepping. I'm planning on making a Christmas quilt so need to start early on that. We changed our Christmas theme last year from Scandi red and whites to mid-century modern kitsch and so I've also been buying a few vintage bauble sets on Etsy. It feels like a much better time to find good stuff than in the run up to Christmas when everyone is looking.

Reactions: 6
Last year I started buying some of the fun baubles like pizza, coffee cup, popcorn etc so I'm going to buy some more this year and have a tree just for them (obv not my main tree).

Reactions: 3
Last year I started buying some of the fun baubles like pizza, coffee cup, popcorn etc so I'm going to buy some more this year and have a tree just for them (obv not my main tree).
There's a woman on You Tube who does this every year for her kitchen tree. I love it. Hope it gives you some inspo

• Heart
I saw this this morning and thought of you lot .... 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Anyone Irish here?
Myself and some friends throw money monthly into a revolut vault during the year. We usually plan a good night out on the 6th January for Nollaig na mBán. This year we upped it to 20 quid a month which should cover an overnight spa deal in a hotel.

I started Christmas shopping today, I used to be a last minute person but a Christmas Eve running around with a bawling baby in sideways rain trying to get all the presents cured us both so now we prepare early so that we can be smug bastards sitting in getting sozzled on mulled wine on the 24th.

Our rule ever since the baby was born (he's a big fella now) was Christmas day we stay put. People are welcome to come to us, or we'll visit them at any point they want over the entire season but that day is ours at home. I saw my brother run ragged every year alternating going to grandparents and his kids never had a Christmas morning in their own home so he had me warned when I was expecting to start as I mean to go on and I did!

Reactions: 15
Anyone Irish here?
Myself and some friends throw money monthly into a revolut vault during the year. We usually plan a good night out on the 6th January for Nollaig na mBán. This year we upped it to 20 quid a month which should cover an overnight spa deal in a hotel.

I started Christmas shopping today, I used to be a last minute person but a Christmas Eve running around with a bawling baby in sideways rain trying to get all the presents cured us both so now we prepare early so that we can be smug bastards sitting in getting sozzled on mulled wine on the 24th.

Our rule ever since the baby was born (he's a big fella now) was Christmas day we stay put. People are welcome to come to us, or we'll visit them at any point they want over the entire season but that day is ours at home. I saw my brother run ragged every year alternating going to grandparents and his kids never had a Christmas morning in their own home so he had me warned when I was expecting to start as I mean to go on and I did!
I did thay for the first 3 years when my daughter was born, spent the first half of Christmas and Christmas Dinner ant my parents and the second half at the in-laws. It got too much as my parents are 50 minutes away, so we stay at home now. I've always loved Christmas, but I enjoy it more now we can be at home.

Does anyone know if there any Christmas exhibitions in Cheshire or Manchester? I can't find any around here

Reactions: 3
I did thay for the first 3 years when my daughter was born, spent the first half of Christmas and Christmas Dinner ant my parents and the second half at the in-laws. It got too much as my parents are 50 minutes away, so we stay at home now. I've always loved Christmas, but I enjoy it more now we can be at home.

Does anyone know if there any Christmas exhibitions in Cheshire or Manchester? I can't find any around here
Especially as a lot of people have to work up to and partly in to Christmas Day and just need to wind down rather than rushing all over the place.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.