Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a really weird shaped living room where the sofa can only go in one place due to where the doors are. We used to put the tree in the only real space but it meant it was kind of behind the sofa so you couldn't really see it. We switched to getting a much smaller tree which meant we had to pare back the decorations but it can now go in the fireplace where you can see it from all angles. 😍
I fell in love with a tree in Next and wrestled myself out of the store before I ran to the till with my flexible friend 😄
Said tree turned up in the sale much, much cheaper. 😲 so I bought it!
Unfortunately it is not happy in my home and tends to attack whoever is walking past. I realise to my cost it won't be happy until I buy it the correct surroundings, so I'm reduced to putting up a slightly cheaper Asda version which is much happier in my house and "grumpy" stays upstairs if I can cajole anyone to help me put it up. 😥

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Starting to get dark on a night, between that and my bargain Christmas trees, I'm feeling festive.

Reactions: 14
Booked Disney on Ice for myself and little miss for 17th December! I'm sooo excited. I love dancing on ice so seeing my daughter so happy at the thought of seeing Disney characters on ice is going to make my day!!!

We usually go Chester zoo lanterns as well, she wants her Dad to come which I don't mind so I'm using the opportunity as he can take some photos of me and her 😂
Raging it's not coming to Glasgow

Me and the old dear saw it earlier this year and it was fabulous. When I saw all the kids in their costumes, I thought are me and mum in the right place cos it's a kids show. But actually there were loads of mums and daughters our age 🤣🤣🤣

The songs, costumes, skating and comedy were great. Defo hoping it comes back next year.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have to confess to immediately thinking where will the tree go when house hunting 🤭
In my current house I just shift things round, mostly sofas into weird positions 😁
I do this too! I had buyers regret with my current home as there’s just nowhere to place a tree, and last year I was obsessed with a listing for a house I didn’t like the outside of purely as I could imagine how the living room would look at Christmas 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Would people say 4 is a good age for Disney on ice at the o2 before I book it! Have never been.

Reactions: 1
Would people say 4 is a good age for Disney on ice at the o2 before I book it! Have never been.
I think she would enjoy it. My sister was 11 when I first took her.

There were lots of young kids in Disney dresses too.

I’ve taken mine at aged 4 and they loved it.
Little tip - buy some Minnie ears and a light up wand thing cheap before you go (Amazon) because the prices there for the gift shop are RIDICULOUS!!!! (Like £35 for a light up wand) also take your own sweets / popcorn. I think a bag of popcorn or candy floss was £15 xxx

• Wow
I’ve taken mine at aged 4 and they loved it.
Little tip - buy some Minnie ears and a light up wand thing cheap before you go (Amazon) because the prices there for the gift shop are RIDICULOUS!!!! (Like £35 for a light up wand) also take your own sweets / popcorn. I think a bag of popcorn or candy floss was £15 xxx
Blimey thank you ever so much for the tips!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So the 4 ft Christmas tree is available again but comes up as £12 now. Must've been clearing some old stock then. Still, £1.50? 🍾

Reactions: 6
The 6ft is now at £70 too, I reckon they must have been priced up wrong after the habitat and tu merge and hadn’t noticed because no one else is insane enough to buy a Christmas tree in the summer

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I got my upstairs pop up free from Argos in a July once as was like £4 or something. Was back to full price come xmas lol I didn't care that everyone else was buying paddling pools around me 🤣

• Haha
I was in Asda earlier and they've already got Baileys pouring cream. It was only because I bought the salted caramel cappuccino ice cream that it stayed there.

• Heart
Thanks everyone for their useful tips for a Xmas do! Work are paying £40 per head, there’s 20 of us, we can leave at 3pm for it so it doesn’t take too much of people’s evenings. Most people seem happy with a meal so I’m going to be democratic and put it to a vote! A local hotel is doing meal and disco and there’s a couple of places in town for a Xmas set menu - still seems too early for some as I haven’t seen many advertising yet!

Then it’ll be the fun part of “I didn’t drink so I’m not paying any extra” to “I don’t remember ordering those drinks” and “I ordered mine separately at the bar” when the final bill comes and no-one takes responsibility lol.

Yesterday, home bargains in York (Clifton Moor) had FIVE Xmas aisles! Thought of you all seen as I was on my own with no-one to share the joy with 😊

Also - I start my Xmas cake on stir up Sunday however I’m going to do it a month earlier this year so it’s ready earlier! @coconochanel

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.