Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't wait for all the insta hunz putting their gaudy, hideous trees up months in advance, all trying to outdo each other in tackyness 🤣🤣🤣 it's all part of the entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 21
1st dec and take down either just before new years or after depending on if someone is coming over who can put it back in the loft (am disabled)

Reactions: 3
Normally decorate the last weekend in November and then down again New Years Eve so the house is fresh for the New Year like some others have said on here 😊🎄

I like having a big clean of the house the day before too so it’s just nice and relaxing putting them up 😀

Reactions: 6
I completely agree with wanting a nice fresh house for new year! Many years ago I heard that you shouldn't do washing on New Years Day as it 'washes the luck away'.. I'm not even superstitious but I haven't done laundry on New Years Day since! :LOL:

I completely agree with wanting a nice fresh house for new year! Many years ago I heard that you shouldn't do washing on New Years Day as it 'washes the luck away'.. I'm not even superstitious but I haven't done laundry on New Years Day since! :LOL:
No cleaning at all on New Year’s Day here

Clear the old year away, including decorations on NYE and sweep away the old to start fresh on January 1st

Reactions: 5
I can't wait for all the insta hunz putting their gaudy, hideous trees up months in advance, all trying to outdo each other in tackyness 🤣🤣🤣 it's all part of the entertainment
I’m hoping they’ve left the whole Candyland / Whoville theme in 2022! It was god awful and I never saw one tree or scene that looked nice!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m hoping they’ve left the whole Candyland / Whoville theme in 2022! It was god awful and I never saw one tree or scene that looked nice!
It's ridiculous, you can't even see the tree. It's just a jumbled pile of plastic tat, grinch masks and a lot of the time, roses with glitter sprayed on them 😬😳

Can't wait to see how they all desperately copy each other this year 🤣

• Haha
I also really dislike the competitive present buying photos, where you can't even see half of the tree as there's too many presents.
---
1692702753144.png

This one did the rounds a few years ago.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Tree and decorations go up either on 1st December, or first weekend in December. Depends when I can be bothered 😂 and all come down on the 1st January.

I normally put it up around 7 to 14 days before, I like to have my tree up for Hogmanay and the 1st and 2nd and down by the 3rd

I want to change my Christmas tree colour scheme this year. Past few years I’ve had bronze / rose gold. I want bright pink this year 🩷

what do we think the insta huns are doing colour wise / theme this year?

Reactions: 2
I want to change my Christmas tree colour scheme this year. Past few years I’ve had bronze / rose gold. I want bright pink this year 🩷

I wonder if some influencers might go for pink with how big Barbie has been this year.

I've got decs in about 6 different colour schemes I need an intervention 🤣

I did bright pink and bright turquoise with flashes of black one year on an all white tree. It sounds really disgusting I know, but it was actually really pretty and festive. So many people commented on it. We're all blunt in my family so I'm sure I would have been told if it was vile 🤣

• Heart
tit - this explains a lot. We take down our tree on New Years Day and give the house a good clean. Guess next time I’ll be sitting on my bum finishing off the tin of celebrations

I wonder if some influencers might go for pink with how big Barbie has been this year.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. I’m decorating my living room bright pink and black so thought a pink theme tree this year 🩷🖤

Does anyone ever go out to eat on Christmas Day? It’s just me and my husband. We’ll spend the majority of it at the pub but for dinner I was thinking I didn’t want to cook.
I looked at Miller & Carter but it was £100 each and considering last year it was only £65 I refuse to pay that. I was thinking about Toby but thought that will probably be over run with kids and our closest one is a 25 min drive which means no drinking.

do we think most of them will be around £100 this year, with COL (🙄) and I’m better off getting stuff delivered in from M&S.

Does anyone ever go out to eat on Christmas Day? It’s just me and my husband. We’ll spend the majority of it at the pub but for dinner I was thinking I didn’t want to cook.
I looked at Miller & Carter but it was £100 each and considering last year it was only £65 I refuse to pay that. I was thinking about Toby but thought that will probably be over run with kids and our closest one is a 25 min drive which means no drinking.

do we think most of them will be around £100 this year, with COL (🙄) and I’m better off getting stuff delivered in from M&S.
I've been out to a few different places in the past and I would say avoid typcial chain places if you want a more homely, cosy vibe. I'd avoid any carvery style places, they don't have a nice atmosphere and you're a bit rushed due to the time slots allocated. You've also got to go up and get your own grub. Try and find a pub that will decorate the place nicely, and not cram too many bookings in if possible, as this can also affect the quality of food and service.

My local spa hotel did an outstanding Xmas menu, but it was expensive and has already sold out for this year 😳 I think it was fully booked by July!

Reactions: 1

We’ve gone out for Christmas Day lunch for the past 8 years, mainly as none of us have a house large enough to host 😂 It can be a bit rushed in the earlier slots, carvery one year was bleak and the Indian restaurant another year was great for those who chose Indian food, microwaved mush for those who braved roast dinner! I’d agree with above to choose either an independent pub or a smaller chain like vintage inns, they usually hover around £75 per person and are pretty decent, just make sure to leave a cash tip for those people working on Christmas Day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.