Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last year I bought my tree the day before xmas eve, put it up that evening then it was down on Boxing Day :ROFLMAO:
This year I will put it up the first weekend of December.. still coming down Boxing Day though ha. When do you put yours up and down? I find influencers put up their tree in November. madness IMO!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I put it up usually second weekend of December, and comes down shortly after New year, this time will probably 3rd Jan as I'm.off that day x

Reactions: 3
Tree goes up in the last weekend of November and down 29th/30th Dec so the house is all fresh for the new year.

• Heart
from being a kid it was always 12 days before, 12 days after but as an adult we did mid december down NYE, I like to go into the new year with a fresh house!

This year I’ll put mine up on Friday 1st December and I usually take it down 27th/28th.

I like to have it up early in Dec and I love the Xmas buzz. But I need it down for Hogmanay!

Reactions: 1
I put mine up end of November/Start of December and then down a few days after Christmas. The house feels so crap when the trees & christmas decs are all away :(

Mine will go up in November much to my husbands annoyance

• Haha
November tree lady here too. Takes me so long fluffing and faffing that I like to have it up for as long as possible before it has to come down again. Comes down NY Day as I still love my twinkly background as I....drink alone on NYE 🤣

I’ve lived with my partner since 2020 and try to put the tree up the first/ second weekend in December and make a wee day of it. As December goes on I end up with plans most weekends and then trying to squeeze in time to get the tree up. This is what happened the first year we put our tree up quite late and it seemed pointless for the effort it takes 😂 I like to keep mine up until the first weekend in January 🙈 then my partner insists on taking it down 😂 I’d have it up all year if I could 🙈😂

Reactions: 2
I didn’t put up my Xmas decorations last year since my cats were still kittens so would’ve probably knocked everything off. I moved into my house May last year and got all my decorations in the January sale before I moved in

Reactions: 2
Mine goes up the first weekend in December and down by NYE. I hate having decorations up into the new year.

Reactions: 1
I put mine up 25th November a whole month before😅 then comes down at some point in January

• Haha
Reactions: 7
December 6th to January 6th here. Lapsed Catholic and still kind of follow the church in the whole thing.

Last year I bought my tree the day before xmas eve, put it up that evening then it was down on Boxing Day :ROFLMAO:
This year I will put it up the first weekend of December.. still coming down Boxing Day though ha. When do you put yours up and down? I find influencers put up their tree in November. madness IMO!
Tree goes up 1st Dec. I sometimes book the day off work to do it 🥰

I adore the festive season but have a confession to make….. I detest the act of putting up and taking down a tree! I find it such a chore and really really try to avoid it where I can

I adore the festive season but have a confession to make….. I detest the act of putting up and taking down a tree! I find it such a chore and really really try to avoid it where I can
Best thing to do when putting it up is to make an evening of it. Get some mulled wine on, put on some music and get in the mood. If you can, enlist help, with taking it down my husband finds and takes baubles off the tree and I pack them away.

• Heart
Best thing to do when putting it up is to make an evening of it. Get some mulled wine on, put on some music and get in the mood. If you can, enlist help, with taking it down my husband finds and takes baubles off the tree and I pack them away.
I think it’s an ADHD thing, I just want things to happen without meandering the road to get there if that makes sense? There’s no enjoyment in the process for me, I get frustrated with the faffing and having to bend branches for hours and then spotting gaps for the next few weeks, or unsymmetrical baubles etc I’d much rather click my fingers and be done so I can watch the nice twinkly lights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.