Christmas 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’re currently renovating and my other half thinks I’ve gone a bit crazy as my first concerns in the new living room configuration are where would a Christmas tree go as we’ve not left enough space 😩

What do you guys do? Do you have a space ready to go or do you move furniture around TK accommodate for the month?

Reactions: 4
We’re currently renovating and my other half thinks I’ve gone a bit crazy as my first concerns in the new living room configuration are where would a Christmas tree go as we’ve not left enough space 😩

What do you guys do? Do you have a space ready to go or do you move furniture around TK accommodate for the month?
We move furniture. We either move an armchair to the corner and put the tree in the centre of the wall. Or move a lamp and put it in the corner.

This year we are tempted to move the sofa a couple of feet over and put it in a different corner.

Reactions: 1

I normally move furniture around, although this year I'll have space as we've renovated downstairs.
---
Costa actually do gingerbread all year round. I always have one.
How did I not know that

Apparently Wilko stores have 50% off Christmas decorations today!

We have to move furniture around every year! I've added a picture so you have an idea and vision of the scene 😂

We put two trees up - our downstairs is all open plan so we have one in the living room which is a real tree in the bay window and then in the kitchen/living space at the back of the house we have an artificial one.

We have to move my desk from the bay window to somewhere else in the living room, which is fine as we just move the dining table a little bit.
Then we have to move a kallax unit from where that smaller artificial tree is, to upstairs otherwise it just ends up really cluttered.

You will always find space, you will make it work, somehow. I think we spent a whole evening rearranging furniture because I was adamant the trees could go nowhere else but their designated spots lol so honestly everything got moved around at some point & this is what we finished on.

t
thumbnail_5DFE1CD9-E2C4-4C88-AE28-ADC9F071A61E.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Costa have the syrup all year round. They just don't advertise it for some reason. I've only been to one Costa that didn't have it.
I didn't know that, I thought you could only have the advertised drinks. I'm going to get one the next time I'm in Costa.

Reactions: 2

we swap two side tables round, so the lower one that's usually next to the sofa can have the tree stood on top. keeps it away from the cats and then underneath the table we keep blankets, presents etc

I have to confess to immediately thinking where will the tree go when house hunting 🤭
In my current house I just shift things round, mostly sofas into weird positions 😁

I have to confess to immediately thinking where will the tree go when house hunting 🤭
In my current house I just shift things round, mostly sofas into weird positions 😁
Part of the reason I bought my house, dedicated Christmas tree spot 😁. I couldn't have one in my old house as it was too small

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We have a really weird shaped living room where the sofa can only go in one place due to where the doors are. We used to put the tree in the only real space but it meant it was kind of behind the sofa so you couldn't really see it. We switched to getting a much smaller tree which meant we had to pare back the decorations but it can now go in the fireplace where you can see it from all angles. 😍

Reactions: 6
When does everyone starting making their Christmas cake?
I've only ever made one and it didn't get fed with booze so much as drowned in the stuff 😂 Turns out brandy is nicer than expected and we had started it in September, if I recall?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.